PDA

View Full Version : Crappy table with history.

Cueless Joey
09-12-2003, 02:40 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3626343126&category=21 213
Would you buy this crap?
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
How many tables were in the movie COM?

Chris Cass
09-12-2003, 02:49 PM
Hi Joey,

That's totally misleading. The Color of Money was shot with a few tables. I remember them telling me and Rocketman at Chris' Billiards to come in the day of the shooting and we'd be in the movie. We weren't interested at the time. I regret it now of course. They also used a fake table too. It was a table slate made of cardboard with rods attached to balls on top to do some shots. I think Keith McKready would know more about that than I. I have CRS. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~nexttime I'll go. LOL

Cueless Joey
09-12-2003, 03:14 PM
Yup. This table has no historical or collectability value at all. A friend of mine used to own this kind of table. It was kaka. The rails made a thunky sound. They were bolted on wood not on the slate.
Hey, too bad you didn't get in the movie. You might be making a dollar everytime they show it on TBS. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I wonder if they'll ever make a movie out of Keith's life.
It'll probably cost a million more if they used real booze. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rod
09-12-2003, 05:13 PM
That table looks like junk. It has a big ripple in the felt. Paul Newman played on my table and I think leaned on my car, somehow it was never a big hit with the chicks! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif If he gets a bid, it will truly tell me how dumb some people really are.

I mean think about it, if a guy said come play on my table. Paul and Tom played on it in the movie. Would that even get a rise out of a normal person. Speaking of, say nAz buy this table, you'll be a hit with the chicks! ha ha ha

Keith Talent
09-12-2003, 05:35 PM
Table doesn't look like much. How about the room, the dingy one that was purportedly in Atlantic City, upstairs? That would be worth a bid. Was that Chris' Billiards?

griffith_d
09-13-2003, 06:32 PM
Jeanette Lee walked past my car in the parking lot here in Houston at the Billiard Factory.

My car must be worth a lot more now,...you wanna buy it?

Griff