PDA

View Full Version : Relation between Air Travel and Cancer.......?

GoWell
09-12-2003, 04:29 PM
If you plan on travelling by plane this year or within the next
two years, you might be interested in a company called People
Helping People.

My name is David Dixon, I'm an associate director with People Helping People. We're an organization that raises money for cancer research. While raising funds for the fight against cancer is nothing new, our particular process is: we give plane tickets in return for small donations.

For each contribution you make toward the struggle with cancer, you'll receive our cancer prevention newsletter, and a voucher for two round-trip plane tickets to ANYWHERE in the world (that means both inside and outside the U.S.). You have up to two years to use them and you can choose to fly with most of the major airlines. These tickets are made available to People Helping People through donations by the major airlines and bulk purchases at very special prices.

We ask all our donors for a minimum contribution of $35 per two tickets and the newsletter. Larger contributions are welcome also. The biggest cancer-related benefactor of our fund raising will be the American Cancer Society......

http://www.cancer.org/docroot/home/index.asp

What makes our organization special is the great measure of
faith we place in our donors. Only AFTER you have received the
voucher for the two open-ended tickets and have it in your hand,
do you need to send in your contribution.

There is one stipulation that might make these tickets more beneficial to certain types of people, generally those who stay in a hotel when they travel.
When using these tickets you're usually required to book a hotel in the area you travel to by plane, varying usually for 1 to 3 nights. The hotels are at a 50% to 70% discount though. If you're the type who uses hotels, this is a great deal. If you generally don't use hotels when you travel, then you need to consider which would save you more money; two round-trip plane tickets at full price, or a hotel for a couple of days at 50% to 70% off ? If you're unsure of the answer, you will save A LOT more money just paying for the discounted hotel, even if you decide not to use the room, and you'll still be helping a great cause.

For those who'd be interested in assisting our organization with a contribution and would like their cancer newsletter and tickets voucher sent out to them first, send an email to the address below. Include your name, the location you'd like to receive your tickets voucher, and a way to get in touch with you. We would only contact you if you decided to keep the voucher without sending in a donation. Each voucher is for two tickets, and currently, there is no limit to how many contributions you make and how many tickets you may ask for. Honesty really is the best policy; please think carefully about whether this is something you really want to do, deception will hurt more people then you think.

Send your request (or any questions) to this e-mail:

DonorsUpHigh@Hotmail.com

If you have no interest in flying but would still like to make a contribution to the American Cancer Society, just copy and past their web site address above, go straight to their site, click the 'Donate' button, and follow their instructions. Thank you.

SIncerely,

David Dixon
Associate Director

People Helping People
Franklin Avenue Plaza
1225 Franklin Avenue
Suite 325
Garden City, NY 11530
Phone: (516) 512-8978
Email: info@directorPosition.com

nAz
09-12-2003, 04:36 PM
Dude whats you high run in 14.1? oh and what kind of cue do you use?

freaking spammer.. Only i spam here!

GoWell
09-13-2003, 08:51 PM
My friend, I respect the right for people to have opinions, but could you explain to me exactly how my post is spam. If I posted in the wrong forum, please pardon me and direct me to the right one (I thought this one was an open forum).

I apologize if trying to raise money for a worthy cause is spam. I apologize if offering to give something in return for help is spam. I apologize if a willingness to prove our sincerity before anyone makes a commitment to us is spam. I also apologize if directing someone to a place where they can be of help to a lot of people is spam. If this has offended you or anyone else, I apologize. But I make NO apologies for asking for help, for people who truly need it.

Chris Cass
09-13-2003, 09:57 PM
David,

I for one have fought this battle and a few more here too. I think it's very admirable to let us know and wish you well in your plite. On the CCB we don't especially like spammers but I see this in no way as spam and I thank you again sir. I will donate soon.

Regards,

C.C.~~9ball girl must have beat up on nAz tonight. lol

bolo
09-14-2003, 02:36 AM
http://www.give.org/reports/nondissql.asp?913
http://www.grandrapids.bbb.org/AlertDetl.asp?ID=165
Sounds like a charity pyramid scheme
http://directorposition.com/5.asp?

This is what they tell the donor

The American Cancer Aid Foundation is a non-profit, charitable organization which began in 1996.
New research has revealed that 70% of all cancers are preventable. It is in this area that the Foundation's efforts are focused. With the public's support, we can make considerable strides in learning the preventable factors that cause cancer and educating the public on our findings.
--------------------------

This is what they tell the person they are trying to get to work for them.

People Helping People is not a charity. It is a for profit business that sells a product. We are set up as a business in order to avoid the costs typically associated with charities trying to solicit donations. The profits generated, however, are used to fund charitable efforts. For every dollar a Director earns, a dollar is raised for charity.

Qtec
09-14-2003, 06:49 AM
Nice one bolo.

Q