PDA

View Full Version : recieved new cues w/ weights off. Can I change it

SicShift
09-12-2003, 05:02 PM
We just recieved some new cue sticks and we asked that they both be 19.5 oz. The Schon label on the packaging says 21 oz and the Pechauer says 19. Do you think those are just old labels? I need to find a scale for it. If they are off, how much would it cost to change the weights out by a pool hall? I'd rather not ship it back and have to wait again all that time for another cue stick.

Cueless Joey
09-12-2003, 05:17 PM
If their weight bolts are not glued, it might not be a lot of work. But an oz and half off? Adding half an oz. is no biggie but taking 1.5 oz will screw up the balance point if it's even doeable.

Rod
09-12-2003, 05:31 PM
Why don't you call or email the guy and ask him. If one weighs 21 oz that should be easy to tell. Weight them at the post office if you like before calling.

Weight screws are special to a degree, the local pool hall may not even have them. If you took out 1 1/2 ounces it might take an aluminum screw. Those screws probably cost over $5 each.

SicShift
09-12-2003, 05:40 PM
Well, I ordered through a dealer or had them drop shipped from Cue Stix International. He specified we both wanted 19.5 repeatedly.

On the Schon, it said 21 on a sticker on the bubble wrap. On the Pechauer, there was a sticker on the butt. The schon does feel heavier.

I'm going to a post office in a little bit. I'm just annoyed cause it's our first cues and I'd like to play them tonight. I even paid next day air so we could use them this weekend.

Rod
09-12-2003, 05:56 PM
It's to bad that stuff happens. Well weigh them first so you'll know. Cuestix is a reputable company, possibly they didn't get the instructions. Before you chalk them make sure the 21 oz can be lightened. That's a lot of weight to take out of a cue and it may not be possible.

Fred Agnir
09-13-2003, 05:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SicShift:</font><hr> We just recieved some new cue sticks and we asked that they both be 19.5 oz. The Schon label on the packaging says 21 oz and the Pechauer says 19. Do you think those are just old labels? I need to find a scale for it. If they are off, how much would it cost to change the weights out by a pool hall? I'd rather not ship it back and have to wait again all that time for another cue stick. <hr /></blockquote>

Check the weight at the Post Office. You'll get a strange look, but they're usually accomodating. Especially if you smile. And buy stamps.

Fred

jjinfla
09-13-2003, 06:38 AM
The Post Office here has a scale in the lobby. And you might find that the weight of the cue is right and the sticker is wrong.

Don't know if Shone does it the same way as McDermott but my McD has a threaded bolt in the butt and the local shop sells the bolts in 1/2 oz increments.

Not knowing that I could get different bolts locally, a few years ago I just cut the bolt down and it was fine.

Don't know if they use bolts in the better cues.

Jake

StLSteve
09-13-2003, 04:25 PM
I have a Stealth with weights (large bolts with a phillips head) It was a 19oz when I bought it, decided I liked a lighter 18oz better.

I simply removed the bolt. The ones I saw were all longer than what I had taken out of the stick. Mine was 2", the ones the shop got in were longer, looked to be 4" and 6" bolts. I figured the 2" one I had in my stick was a 1oz weight.

I went to an AE Schmidt dealer here in St Louis, the guy I asked about weights checked and they didn't have any in stock so he ordered several for Stealth cues. When I asked him if they charged for them, he said no, you're expected to give them your's. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif No charge!! We all like a deal like that. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

PS I wouldn't see a problem if you cut a weight in half. I'd like to know how it would upset the balance if it has access to be able to change the weight? Could it have been made with that in mind?

SicShift
09-13-2003, 06:43 PM
Well, I checked the weight. I wanted 19.5 on both. The Schon was in fact a 21 oz. The funny part was the pechauer. We ordered 19.5, sticker on the butt said 19 oz and it actually turned out to be 20 oz!!! wtf!?! I emailed the dealer and I'm sending them both back to Cue Stix Internation on Monday. Really sucks I have to wait now.

AndyG
09-15-2003, 05:37 AM
I just changed the weight of a new Schon this weekend for a customer. The scale weight was 20.7 ounces. We replaced the steel bolt with an aluminum, and got it down to 19.2. As Rod mentioned, the cost of the aluminum bolt was $6.
AndyG

magicman
09-16-2003, 12:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SicShift:</font><hr> We just recieved some new cue sticks and we asked that they both be 19.5 oz. The Schon label on the packaging says 21 oz and the Pechauer says 19. Do you think those are just old labels? I need to find a scale for it. If they are off, how much would it cost to change the weights out by a pool hall? I'd rather not ship it back and have to wait again all that time for another cue stick. <hr /></blockquote>

No chance, the way these people work, is they don't care what you ordered, they just ship what they have and figure you will let it slide. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
09-16-2003, 06:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote magicman:</font><hr>
No chance, the way these people work, is they don't care what you ordered, they just ship what they have and figure you will let it slide. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Do you even bother to read the threads before popping off?

Cuestix is a reputable company. They made a mistake. I'm sure they'll make it right.

pooltchr
09-16-2003, 07:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote magicman:</font><hr>
<hr /></blockquote>

Do you even bother to read the threads before popping off?

Cuestix is a reputable company. They made a mistake. I'm sure they'll make it right. <hr /></blockquote>

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to notice. Nothing like a newbie jumping on the board with a little bit of an attitude.