PDA

View Full Version : Cue decision help needed

Fleece3
09-13-2003, 04:27 AM
Hey Gang,

I regularly shot with a friend of mine. Currently he has a Cuetec graphite cue. I bought him the damn thing. Now his game has definitely outgrown the cue. I would love to pick him up a new one for his birthday. However, money (and commitment to the game) is a factor. I want to get him something nice but not "TOP OF THE LINE" A lucasi (cause that is what I play with) would be great. but I am open to suggestions. HELP!!!!! and if you happen to have a lucasi laying around that you want to sell please let me know.

Thanks

Fred Agnir
09-13-2003, 05:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fleece3:</font><hr> Hey Gang,

I regularly shot with a friend of mine. Currently he has a Cuetec graphite cue. I bought him the damn thing. Now his game has definitely outgrown the cue. I would love to pick him up a new one for his birthday. However, money (and commitment to the game) is a factor. I want to get him something nice but not "TOP OF THE LINE" A lucasi (cause that is what I play with) would be great. but I am open to suggestions. HELP!!!!! and if you happen to have a lucasi laying around that you want to sell please let me know.

Thanks <hr /></blockquote>
You could get him a house cue. After all, "... it could be argued that it is difficult for any cue maker to even equal the performance of the common one piece house cue. "

I, however, would recommend a low-end Joss Cue.

Fred

Harold Acosta
09-13-2003, 04:38 PM
How about a "Players Tournament Series" cue. There are some pretty good looking cues in this series and their prices are not "steep."

buddha162
09-13-2003, 08:23 PM
A Lucasi seems like the best value around. Radial/Uni-Loc pin for a little over 100...I can't see how the other taiwan sticks can compete.

Billiardswarehouse.com have a few for sale. Seyberts.com also has some good prices on them.

Roger