PDA

View Full Version : Who is not at the open this week?

bluewolf
09-14-2003, 04:43 AM
I am driving there for the weekend only on friday evening, so will be on ccb all week. Anybody else?

Laura

rackmup
09-14-2003, 07:46 AM
I'll be stuck in a beachfront hotel in Pompano Beach, FL. for the week attending session three of a five session "Leadership Skills" course put on by my employer.

I just hope I don't have to don a carpenter's belt and help board up windows during the hurricane that is supposed to hit the same week.

Regards,

Ken (hmmm...my employer sending me into a hurricane...maybe they're trying to get rid of me...)

PQQLK9
09-14-2003, 10:21 AM
I just decided to go so I will be arriving on Friday also. I am looking foward to dining with everyone Friday evening and sweating the CCB tourny on Saturday morning.

Rich R.
09-14-2003, 11:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> I just decided to go so I will be arriving on Friday also. I am looking foward to dining with everyone Friday evening and sweating the CCB tourny on Saturday morning. <hr /></blockquote>
Nick, why not play in the CCB tournament on Saturday. I believe there may be still openings. If not, there may be a no-show. Just track down Wendy, Tom or Dave on Friday night, or just show up Saturday morning, ready to play.

pooldaddy9
09-14-2003, 06:05 PM
I will be here, thinking about being there all week. Even though I had to pay for the whole week. Will be there bright and early Friday morning. Can't wait to meet everyone. Enjoy and will be there soon.

dg-in-centralpa
09-14-2003, 06:25 PM
Wish I could go but I couldn't spare the time away from work. Oh well... maybe next year.

DG - who'll be there in spirit

cueball1950
09-14-2003, 07:24 PM
I am sure that the dinner on Friday night will be the "SOCIAL EVENT" of the pool year and the OPEN. Leaving upstate NY on Tuesday. Anybody need a ride? Going south by way of Jersey Turnpike and US 13...............................Mike

Kato
09-15-2003, 09:35 AM
You're not playing in the tourny Nick? Make sure you see Wendy or myself Friday night because there will be some open slots. You are bringing your cue right?

Kato

Kato
09-15-2003, 09:36 AM
Mike, you're right. It's gonna be CCCCRRRRAAAAZZZZZYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kato

Wally_in_Cincy
09-15-2003, 10:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Mike, you're right. It's gonna be CCCCRRRRAAAAZZZZZYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kato <hr /></blockquote>

Drinks.....

http://aubry.free.fr/Barfly2.jpg

for my friends....

eg8r
09-15-2003, 10:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anybody need a ride? Going south by way of Jersey Turnpike and US 13 <hr /></blockquote> Hello Mike, I would be interested in taking a ride if you can swing by Orlando first. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Kato
09-15-2003, 11:28 AM
Wally.......................ya think? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato~~~~everyone play pool, drink 'till your hearts content (for those non-alcohol types drink whatever you want), party non-stop for a week. Ain't it great?

Qtec
09-15-2003, 01:10 PM
Just like to take this opportunity to wish everyone going to the Open all the best.

If nobody gets thrown out of a joint,I will be sadly disapointed. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Have fun guys. Kick ass. You luckt ba%$##^^s!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Qtec

Kato
09-15-2003, 01:37 PM
Hey Q, Nobody got thrown out last year of anywhere. Why not? Nightly we basically took over an entire section of Q-Masters. Friday night we took over 1 section of Grate Steak. Sunday afternoon before the finals we went to some sports bar and took over the entire horseshoe shaped bar. We were drinking, smoking, laughing, back slapping, telling jokes, horsing around and having a blast. No one stepped over the line. Heck, we even managed to watch some football /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato~~~don't wanna go to the clink.

Wally_in_Cincy
09-15-2003, 01:39 PM
Driving over on Friday. Should be there by suppertime if Isabel doesn't blow me away.

Qtec
09-15-2003, 02:10 PM
What, 32 CCBers and no bitchin? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Its not possible. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I can just see it now....

"The proper way to cut the steak is with IE."

" No,no , no. The seceret is in the shape of the blade. the best come from Japan.."

No, no ,no. Its the angle of the slice thats important. My new Predator cuts straight through because of minimal deflection. The tangent......."

"I love everybody"

"I use the 4" triple x Tibetan diamond system"

"I jump over the baked potato and force down on it , with a little draw".

"Freaky".

etc,etc

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q

Kato
09-15-2003, 02:12 PM
Come on Wally, hustle up there buddy. Need a drinking buddy Friday night and YOU'RE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

And my other boys "Hillbilly Mike M", "RedNeck WesK", "Yeehaw Rich R", "Cornbread Fred Agnir", "Everybody's Favorite Uncle Who Just Isn't Quite Right Mike aka Cueball 1950", "Cornfield Chris Cass and the Missus" ect. ect. ect.

Kato~~~'Tucky ready to chill back with the Hamiltucky Hammer

Kato
09-15-2003, 02:23 PM
Ahhhh, I see your dilema young grasshopper. The secret is in total lack of sleep, too much pool, alcohol, and caffine and pretty soon..............wa-la.

Fred Agnir launches into some crap about Dura Gel's and lathes and tangents. Pretty soon Wes is talking about RPM's and consistency and chemical breakdown. Pretty soon someone is talking about Accu-stats tapes from 1986 and then someone talks about Grady and who matched up with whom in 1975 when everyone played for "really big money" when all I really wanted someone to do is watch the hit or tell me if this 3 rail bank is good when I'm up 5-2 in one pocket. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Then comes this age old tip question. Someone is going to have to know how stiff my shaft is, whether it's front or back weighted, what kind of tip I use and how old the chalk is. Physics, blah, blah, blah.

Oh brother, I need a beer. Where's Mike Mason? He's always good for a few. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato~~~will eventually make a good hit

slappinwolf
09-15-2003, 02:55 PM
Heard hairacane hitting va beach instead of Fla. Maybe will drown all of those yappn dudes. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
09-16-2003, 06:20 AM
This Isabel thing is starting to worry me /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I'll be there if humanly possible

PQQLK9
09-16-2003, 06:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> You're not playing in the tourny Nick? Make sure you see Wendy or myself Friday night because there will be some open slots. You are bringing your cue right?

Kato <hr /></blockquote>
I would definately play if I was there but it looks like I am not comming now... /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

MANTEO, N.C. - Forecasters say Hurricane Isabel appears to be on a course to hit Thursday on the North Carolina coast and up through the Chesapeake Bay in Virginia.

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/news/breaking_news/6780218.htm

Rich R.
09-16-2003, 07:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> This Isabel thing is starting to worry me /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I'll be there if humanly possible <hr /></blockquote>
According to the current forcast, Thursday will be the worst day at the Open.
http://www.srh.noaa.gov/data/forecasts/VAZ098.php?warncounty=VAC810&amp;city=Virginia+Beach

Wally_in_Cincy
09-16-2003, 07:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> I would definately play if I was there but it looks like I am not comming now... /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

MANTEO, N.C. - Forecasters say Hurricane Isabel appears to be on a course to hit Thursday on the North Carolina coast and up through the Chesapeake Bay in Virginia.

<hr /></blockquote>

Barry Behrman must have harmed somebody in a previous life /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Talk about bad luck.

Wally~~not giving up yet

Wally_in_Cincy
09-16-2003, 07:05 AM
This is starting to piss me off /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rich R.
09-16-2003, 07:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> This is starting to piss me off /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Look at the bright side. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I will be getting to the Open, just in time for Isabelle to hit. Then I will be sitting there, as Isabelle continues north to Maryland, where my home is located.
I know I can't do anything to stop the storm, but I would feel better if I were home when it hit. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Hopefully, the whole thing will turn east and leave us all alone. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara
09-16-2003, 08:34 AM
Downingtown PA got drenched yesterday and was flooded. Hundreds of people were forced to evacuate. Rain fell continuously fell from Sunday night to Monday afternoon and Brandywine creek swelled its banks.

I sent a pm to houseman to see if he was okay.

Barbara

Voodoo Daddy
09-16-2003, 08:35 AM
Might be better if your not home Rich...although its starting to weaken {Milibars went way up to 956 so it wont strengthen}. Its going to gain a little speed before landfall {mph wise} which is a good thing...if it slows down...ALL OF YOU WILL BE SOAKED!!!

Kato
09-16-2003, 08:39 AM
Voodoo is right Rich. The Convention Center is probably about as safe as it gets. I'll be there early Wednesday morning so I won't have a big weather problem. Yes, we'll all get wet, but we'll survive.

Kato~~~talk about bad luck huh Voodoo?

Rod
09-16-2003, 09:26 AM
How far is that convention center from the beach? Even if it is not hit full force it still would be one hell of a storm. To bad this stuff happens, all you can do now is hope. Barry must be snake bit.

Rich R.
09-16-2003, 09:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> Might be better if your not home <hr /></blockquote>
Although I'm not fond of sitting in the middle of major storms, if something small happens, and you are there, you can do something about it, before it becomes something big. If your not there........... /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Qtec
09-16-2003, 09:53 AM
Rich, for what its worth, I will get my chicken bones out perform an old Celtic ritual if I see Isabel is heading your way.
once I get a'dancin, a'chantin and I slaughter a Haggis, that storm will turn into a gentle breeze.

Dont worry, have fun,

Q

Rich R.
09-16-2003, 10:09 AM
Thanks, I can use all the luck I can get, along with many others.

Wally_in_Cincy
09-16-2003, 10:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> How far is that convention center from the beach?

<font color="blue">Looks like about 10 miles from the ocean. It also looks like a low-lying area with the conference center not too far from an ocean inlet. Flooding could be a concern. I wonder if the building codes require buildings to be high enough to resist flooding. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif Wally shrugs. </font color>

Even if it is not hit full force it still would be one hell of a storm. To bad this stuff happens, all you can do now is hope. Barry must be snake bit. <hr /></blockquote>