PDA

View Full Version : official photographer

Popcorn
09-14-2003, 03:48 PM
I know I am not much of a contributor to the board, but I am making a demand. Please take pictures at the open for posting for those of us that can't be there. Maybe make someone the official photographer. Post a lot of them, put on a 100, even the bad ones. You all have a good time and be careful of that storm, as a Florida resident I know they are no joke and this one looks bad. If it comes through there, a disrupted pool tournament and a little lost revenue, will pale compared to how it will effect some peoples lives. I am afraid I am not religious so I can't help much, but maybe some of you can fire up a few prayers and bend it back out. Good luck.

Fred Agnir
09-14-2003, 05:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> I know I am not much of a contributor to the board, <hr /></blockquote>
Given the number of your posts and your usually excellent content, I'd say you're wrong.

Fred

TheChump
09-14-2003, 09:22 PM
I'm certain Diana Hoppe will be at the US Open. Maybe Mike Howerton (AZ Billiards) will put up a gallery as he has done in the past with other tournaments. We'll just have to stay tuned with their website.

bluewolf
09-15-2003, 01:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> You all have a good time and be careful of that storm, as a Florida resident I know they are no joke and this one looks bad. If it comes through there, a disrupted pool tournament and a little lost revenue, will pale compared to how it will effect some peoples lives. <hr /></blockquote>

Popcorn,

My 30 year old son drove to fla to visit a girl he had met on the internet. He knows nothing of hurricanes. When he heard of the storm, he decided to stay, rather than getting on the road if it passes his way. He is on the other side of orlando,towards the east coast in bravard county. Is this bad? When is this storm supposed to hit?

Laura

Popcorn
09-15-2003, 02:25 AM
Just check here for the latest updates:
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

Florida looks like it is out of the woods. I hate to say it but it looks like it is going right at the tournament area. They scare me, when I was a kid they were not very good at predicting them and we would board some times several times a year and just sit and wait not knowing what was going to happen. We owned an ocean front hotel (we also lived there) and it was a lot of work. I guess as a kid I could not help but see the fear in my father. Now at least we know what is going to happen, not like sitting up all night just waiting and not knowing. My uncle was killed in hurricane Donna around 1960. My dad also owned tug boats, and my uncle and a couple of guys went out on a distress call and were never seen again. I still remember the name of that one boat, it was called The Battler, I was out on it hundreds on times. We handled a lot the shipping that came into the south Florida ports. This got non pool related, but I did mention the US Open.

Wally_in_Cincy
09-15-2003, 06:14 AM
I'm taking a digital camera. I'm sure many others will. Also, as someone mentioned, Diana Hoppe will have dozens of photos at AZB.

As for Isabel, well, let's hope we get lucky.

Rich R.
09-15-2003, 08:06 AM
I'm taking a digital camera and I will be taking a lot of pictures, however, I am a much better photographer than computer operator. I am really having a hard time setting up a website on my Comcast account.
If anyone can give me some hints about setting up a website on Comcast, I would appreciate it. I have been experimenting and I have not been able to get pictures to load properly. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Kato
09-15-2003, 08:32 AM
I'll have my digital camera with me and I will be sending them out to be posted. Dial up stinks as far as e-mailing pics but Popcorn, you want it, you got it.

Kato

magicman
09-15-2003, 11:53 PM
I am glad you have finally admitted this. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bluewolf
09-16-2003, 05:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> Just check here for the latest updates:
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

Florida looks like it is out of the woods. I hate to say it but it looks like it is going right at the tournament area. They scare me, when I was a kid they were not very good at predicting them and we would board some times several times a year and just sit and wait not knowing what was going to happen. We owned an ocean front hotel (we also lived there) and it was a lot of work. I guess as a kid I could not help but see the fear in my father. Now at least we know what is going to happen, not like sitting up all night just waiting and not knowing. My uncle was killed in hurricane Donna around 1960. My dad also owned tug boats, and my uncle and a couple of guys went out on a distress call and were never seen again. I still remember the name of that one boat, it was called The Battler, I was out on it hundreds on times. We handled a lot the shipping that came into the south Florida ports. This got non pool related, but I did mention the US Open. <hr /></blockquote>

Popcorn,

When I was a kid, my grandparents lived in Naples, Fla, which was small then and is now quite large. We visited them every Christmas and we were very close to them. Back then, as you say, prediction of hurricaine landfall was bad and when hurricaine season hit, I lived in fear (especially when the communication lines went down) that I would never see them again. I have had hurricaine nightmares all of my life as a result of this. They got some better, once I realized the cause. Indeed, my son does look safe, but with today's technology even, I have seen these monsters turn. I never feel safe until one has gone out to sea.

Oh yeah, to be pool related, my weather sources are saying to cancel any vacations to va beach wed thru sat. That is their biggest prediction of the area for isabel to hit landfall on thursday. I know the open has started. What happens if it is half over and then the hurricaine hits?

Laura