PDA

View Full Version : What kind of cue do you play with?

Jay
09-14-2003, 08:30 PM
Plain and simple. I play with a Sigel production cue. What do you have in your case?

bluewolf
09-15-2003, 01:39 AM
I play with a predator sneaky pete. It has played well. I have a blackheart custom, really nice cue, but am having to sell it because it is too heavy for me.

I just ordered a Tim Scruggs cue. I just ordered a basic, non fancy one but it is still an awfully good cue for someone who has played for only a year. I am very excited and will probably dream many times about it before it finally gets here.

Laura

SicShift
09-15-2003, 01:56 AM
Schon production cue. Played for the first time with it tonight. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

runout1961
09-15-2003, 07:27 AM
I have to say the Bear sneaky pete i just bought plays great! but a friend of mine is a regional dealer for meucci so I'm fixin to get a power piston #4.
A1C John Ehle
Firefighter, USAF

daviddjmp
09-15-2003, 09:23 AM
I am using a Schon STL-7 now but have placed orders for both a Capone custom and a Chudy custom. I should get them sometime next month. Cannot wait, but must-

stick8
09-15-2003, 12:47 PM
I have acustom made cue, made by the local asst-distoric attourny. playes as good as any cue I have shoot with, and i have shoot with a lot. STICK

StLSteve
09-15-2003, 08:33 PM
A Stealth RT-6, 18 oz, not an expensive cue, $100. It was the one of a very few I saw without a wrap of any kind, no linen, leather, or anything else. I prefer no wrap.
Its a good cue, I like it, and don't really play enough to need a more expensive one.

griffith_d
09-15-2003, 09:14 PM
I play with a Pechauer IV-2 from Seybert's,... I break with a Meucci/314.

Griff

magicman
09-15-2003, 10:37 PM
I just bought a very high end Schon who I got off of a gambler who had a very bad weekend and needed some cash to get out of town. It plays like a dream. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

c.holtz009
09-16-2003, 03:26 AM
I have two mcDermotts in my case. Both with Predator 3.14 shafts.

Jimmy B
09-16-2003, 03:35 AM
Southwest.

JB

griffith_d
09-16-2003, 05:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jimmy B:</font><hr> Southwest.

JB <hr /></blockquote>

You dog,...where did you get a SW,...new or used?

Griff

joevan
09-16-2003, 08:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jay:</font><hr> Plain and simple. I play with a Sigel production cue. What do you have in your case? <hr /></blockquote>

From Pool Table Magic..
I play with a Skip Weston and an occasional Gus Szamboti..
Mark K plays with a Paul Mottey and a Balabushka...

Joe

Fred Agnir
09-16-2003, 09:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote griffith_d:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jimmy B:</font><hr> Southwest.

JB <hr /></blockquote>

Griff <hr /></blockquote>From Southwest?

Fred &lt;~~~ maybe it's a trick question?

griffith_d
09-16-2003, 10:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote griffith_d:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jimmy B:</font><hr> Southwest.

JB <hr /></blockquote>

Griff <hr /></blockquote>From Southwest?

Fred &lt;~~~ maybe it's a trick question? <hr /></blockquote>

Do you know Jimmy B,...also, you know he got it new?

Griff

Barbara
09-16-2003, 10:58 AM
Trust me, they know each other only too well!

Fred, would this cue you're referring to be the one that you hinted that might contain, in violation of copyright, some Simpson characters for inlays?

Barbara~~~thinks that what's Fred was hinting at in a previous post...b

Fred Agnir
09-16-2003, 10:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote griffith_d:</font><hr>

Do you know Jimmy B,...also, you know he got it new?

Griff <hr /></blockquote>Could you repeat the question? Are you asking me if I know if he got it new, or do I know that he got it new?

Fred &lt;~~~ or that it's an "it."

Fred Agnir
09-16-2003, 11:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Trust me, they know each other only too well!

Fred, would this cue you're referring to be the one that you hinted that might contain, in violation of copyright, some Simpson characters for inlays?

Barbara~~~thinks that what's Fred was hinting at in a previous post...b <hr /></blockquote>

Uh, oh. We're in too deep. No, not that cue.

Fred

dmgwalsh
09-16-2003, 11:26 AM
viking vm-13 with predator 314 shaft.
Falcon AC-15 break cue

Ryan
09-16-2003, 11:34 AM
Nitti Level 2 cue.
- understated design with a great hit

Kato
09-16-2003, 11:51 AM
Omen Custom
Cuetec Jump/Break soon to be replaced with Omen jump/break

Kato

Qmaster
09-16-2003, 11:55 AM
I love my predator. I used to own a Cognoscenti and it shot like a dream 2...

Jimmy B
09-16-2003, 01:28 PM

Griff <hr /></blockquote>

Well Griff, the one I shoot with is an old Kersh that I bought back in 92 very used, I have some others one of them was bought new. But when I was buying SW's it was before the boom and back when I ordered my first the wait was only about 2 years, now you'd be lucky to see one in 6. I will also point out that I've owned 4 SW's and shot with over 100 different ones and they do not all hit the same, I'd also like to point out people who try to sell other cues by saying they "hit like a SW" are all fools. If I see one more e-bay auction for a Coker that says it hit's like a SW I'll puke. Fact is it's a SW knockoff, but they don't hit like SW's. If they did you wouldn't be able to buy 10 a month on E-bay for under $800. I'm not one the blind sheep who push the great effects of the SW on everyone like a rabid jahovia's whittness, I like Laurie and Mike and think they make a great quality cue, but hit is still very subjective. They get my endorsement and I can play with just about any cue you can think of on a nightly basis. JB

TommyT
09-16-2003, 01:28 PM
I break with a DZ with a custom break shaft. I split the playing time between a Franklin Southwest,a Tim Scruggs and two cues from Jeff Olney. I play with them all and switch maybe every month.

TommyT /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

griffith_d
09-16-2003, 02:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jimmy B:</font><hr> You dog,...where did you get a SW,...new or used?

Well Griff, the one I shoot with is an old Kersh that I bought back in 92 very used, I have some others one of them was bought new. But when I was buying SW's it was before the boom and back when I ordered my first the wait was only about 2 years, now you'd be lucky to see one in 6. I will also point out that I've owned 4 SW's and shot with over 100 different ones and they do not all hit the same, I'd also like to point out people who try to sell other cues by saying they "hit like a SW" are all fools. If I see one more e-bay auction for a Coker that says it hit's like a SW I'll puke. Fact is it's a SW knockoff, but they don't hit like SW's. If they did you wouldn't be able to buy 10 a month on E-bay for under $800. I'm not one the blind sheep who push the great effects of the SW on everyone like a rabid jahovia's whittness, I like Laurie and Mike and think they make a great quality cue, but hit is still very subjective. They get my endorsement and I can play with just about any cue you can think of on a nightly basis. JB <hr /></blockquote>

What do you think of Lambros Cues,...using the Ultra Joint?

Griff

John in NH
09-16-2003, 02:34 PM
Hi Jay,

I have a Joss cue in my cue case (2 years old) and I recently purchased a 2nd Joss cue from E-BAY which I will be using at home. Both cues are 19oz and I have three shafts that are 13mm which I can use with either cue.

I also have a Lucasi jump/break cue which is 20oz in weight with a 13mm shaft.

Regards,

John

mark wilson
09-16-2003, 03:30 PM
I play a custom fitted Advanced Accuracy Cue which I designed with much research and several years of tinkering.

supercueman
09-16-2003, 10:05 PM
At the moment I am playing with a Bender, I have 192 cues in my collections now, It has been 20 years of passion and fun... I tip my hat to all the makers out there...

Supercueman

Jimmy B
09-17-2003, 02:06 AM
What do you think of Lambros Cues,...using the Ultra Joint?

As I've already said I think hit is something that is very subjective and what one person likes another hates. I've also pointed out that I do not believe that every cue from a certain maker hits the same, not all SW's hit the same and not all Ultra joints hit the same. I also think that what you own you convince yourself to like, so many people swear by the cue they own just because they own it. That being said if I were to give a top 5 list of how cues hit (IMO of course) it would be in no order.

1) Southwest 2)Cognoscenti 3)Ginacue
4) Lambros 5) Bender

Again that is just an opinion that I think many would disagree with it, but how many people can say that they have tried hitting balls with all of the cues on the list let alone played with them for extended periods of time? I'd love to hear some others choices, I think I'll start a separate thread. JB

Fred Agnir
09-17-2003, 06:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jimmy B:</font><hr> I will also point out that I've owned 4 SW's and shot with over 100 different ones and they do not all hit the same, <hr /></blockquote>

Do you think they would all hit closer to the same if they were cored and filled with maple?

I recall Laurie saying that Jerry had a favorite playing wood. Maybe Pau Ferro or Goncola Alves.

Fred

SPetty
09-17-2003, 08:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote supercueman:</font><hr> I have 192 cues in my collections now<hr /></blockquote>You are insane. No one needs more than 15-20 cues! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

griffith_d
09-17-2003, 10:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote supercueman:</font><hr> At the moment I am playing with a Bender, I have 192 cues in my collections now, It has been 20 years of passion and fun... I tip my hat to all the makers out there...

Supercueman <hr /></blockquote>

You could make a Cue House with all of those.

Griff

Jimmy B
09-17-2003, 12:35 PM
Fred I'm sure they'd be closer, but still there would be some differences. I didn't mean to say that all the cues were completely different, just that there are differences, I'm sure some people can't even tell what they are. I am not a fan of most cored cues, and I think SW is doing fine the way they do it now so I doubt any change is on the horizon. JB

Bruins Fan
09-17-2003, 01:08 PM
I play with a McDermott cue that I got about 12 years ago. the person i bought it off told me it was built for desert storm the but has a mural of ships coming in (battle ship,air force carrier,planes,tanks,men shooting and others)has anyone seen this or had any truth to it. Because i cannot find anything about this stick or have seen another.

Icon of Sin
09-17-2003, 03:18 PM
Breaker:
Players Tourney VII 18oz.

Playing Cue:
Balabushka GB1 19.5oz. LePro Medium Tip.

ryushen21
09-17-2003, 10:38 PM
i play with a cuetec thunderbolt series as a break cue and a Lucasi L-2012R as my playing cue. Both are quite nice.

SPetty
09-20-2003, 03:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Bruins Fan:</font><hr> I play with a McDermott cue that I got about 12 years ago. the person i bought it off told me it was built for desert storm the but has a mural of ships coming in (battle ship,air force carrier,planes,tanks,men shooting and others)has anyone seen this or had any truth to it. Because i cannot find anything about this stick or have seen another.<hr /></blockquote>I came across this today - looks like a "reintroduction" of what you're talking about...

http://www.mcdermottcue.com/PAGES/McDCues/Freedom%20Cue/EI6.htm

irunrax
09-21-2003, 10:18 AM
A special order sc-230, by Ray Schuler, with zebrawood diamond shaped inlays in points and butt sleeve. Two shafts, super pro and pro taper, both with triangle tips. I bought it about 3 years ago after playing with one at a tourney in Chicago. Dufferin break cue, also with triangle tip and a Lucasi jump cue. All kept in a plain Bentley Leather 2X4 case. Nothing to fancy or to expensive, after all whats a $1000.00 plus cue going to help with $5.00 game.