PDA

View Full Version : dennis hatch or another dennis

cueball1950
04-09-2002, 08:38 PM
i just read a post in another chat forum about an armed robbery out near buffalo. Luckily ron castanzo and rich warren are ok. but the news article said that they caught the boys who did it and also arrested another gentleman named dennis hatch for conspiracy. the news article stated dennis as 20 years old. was this a typo in the paper or is there another dennis hatch out near buffalo....anybody have any answers out there. i was told today that it was a typo and that it was dennis.... any input would be greatly appreciated.............mike

cueball1950
04-09-2002, 08:45 PM
just read another post in the other room and it stated it was the dennis we all know,,,what a waste of talent....mike

Harold Acosta
04-09-2002, 10:49 PM
Oops, he did it again.....

People sometimes just don't learn from their mistakes...

Drake
04-10-2002, 02:36 AM
Could one argue that Dennis and other top professionals have been forced into "easy money" illegal activites?? How about the great players that have turned into great cuemakers??? According to AZbilliards money standings of 2001, Nick Varner finished 20th. His earning totaled to 20,670 dollars. Most professional pool players are forced to find other sources of income.

Drake
04-10-2002, 04:42 AM
My statements are not intended to support any illegal activities.......except gambling!!!!

Q-guy
04-10-2002, 09:21 AM
This is my experiences. Pool players are not lazy, they are however selfish with their time and interests. That is why they are good players. Working is not to them a good use of their time. Especially if they have been even a little successful on the road. It is hard to go to work, (in their minds anyway) for say $12.00 an hour if they are used to playing $50. nineball. Money has a different value to them. They don't seem to know how hard money is to come by in the real world. They borrow your hard earned money, yea right borrow, that is a joke, that would imply some intent to pay it back. Or they to get you to stake them in a bad game because they are desperate to play, and then afterwards think nothing of having pissed away your money. When they do this stuff I don't think they have the empathy to realize they are hurting anybody. The next logical step is illegal activity. I have known Dennis since he was 14, and his dad a lot longer. If this is in fact true, it is not at all surpassing. I told his father to his face he should be arrested for child abuse, when he had Dennis on the road. He was not going to school, and for all purposes his dad was his pimp. When they were around you made sure your car was locked and you know where your cue was.

04-10-2002, 01:20 PM
No one is "forced" into illegal activities. People make choices. Dennis has obviously made his. Everyone needs money to survive. That's why most of us have JOBS. If a Pool player isn't happy with the money that he's making, perhaps he should try working, instead of stealing.

Glad they caught the people that committed the crime. It's good to see people get what they deserve.

P.S. Remember this, the next time you are having a discussion about why Pool has a terrible image, and how big-money sponsors won't touch it with a 10-foot pole.

Drake
04-10-2002, 02:07 PM
Once again, The only point of my statements was to point out how hard it is for the professional pool players. S#@%!, My father was so strict that all he had to do was point at the roof to keep me in line. His roof...his rules.