PDA

View Full Version : What holds people back from registering here

griffith_d
09-14-2003, 09:10 PM
I see so many people unregistered,..what is the hold up?

Griff

bluewolf
09-15-2003, 01:21 AM
I see lots of people registered with no posts. It kind of reminds me of another list I was on. Things could get rough and lots did not post due to fear of getting flamed. I was on that list for a year before I got enough courage to post.

I know from past experience that 'flames' used to really upset me and it took awhile to get used to that. I always wondered if that kept some people from posting.

OTOH

"You can please some of the people some of the time, but
you can't please all of the people all of the time"

Laura---> thinks fine line between compassion and enabling

Aboo
09-17-2003, 12:11 PM
I personally think it is Spam. It seems like every time you enter your email address into anything, your Spam levels increase exponentially.

SPetty
09-17-2003, 02:59 PM
It also could be a bunch of registered folks who just didn't log in (yet). If you don't need or want the features that logging in gets you (I use the flat mode rather than the threaded mode, so I need to log in for that) (features like identifying which posts are new since the last time you logged on, Personal Messaging, etc.), then there's no need to log in just to read the posts.

Jimmy B
09-18-2003, 02:37 AM
I can only answer for myself, I used to post here before they went to this Big brother system, once I had to register and have my words sensored I didn't think it was worth it. So now I swear and yell and type wacky stuff on other boards, I still lurk here when I get bored, but who wants the added pressure of having someone monitor my every word. The less work the better IMO. JB

bolo
09-18-2003, 08:07 AM
It is a pool site for people who like to lalk about pool. You find there is pressure on you talking about pool?