PDA

View Full Version : "Relationship Disease" revisited...

rackmup
09-14-2003, 10:02 PM
For those of you who are following OPC's medical saga, I have very bad news. This past Thursday he was given the worst news yet. In response to a question he asked, he received a firm "YES."

Call it what you will..."positive", "doomed", "hog-tied", "whipped" or whatever term you wish but OPC's bout with "Relationship Disease" has certainly taken a turn for the worst. His situation and his future as a pool-player and a friend who once knew freedom is about to be replaced with...

...MARRIAGE.

Yes my friends, the high fever, the night sweats and the "visions" he was claiming to see has culminated into a Marriage Proposal.

I saw him tonight. He doesn't look good. His mustache has apparently fallen out, all he wants to do is hug this...this...WOMAN.

He mumbles constantly. You can barely make out the words..."Oh Honey...great shot", "Oh snookums, you just make me smile", "I lub you you little wubby tubby pubby bear."

It's enough to make a healthy single man so sick he could yack all over the unoccupied side of his bed.

Let's all join in wishing Les and Francee the best of luck as they spend their future trying to pass themselves off as "happy" and "excited to be attached at the hip" to each other.

I also heard that Les is taking her last name. I told you...he has it BAD.

Regards and Congratulations (I think) to my best friend,

Ken (am I invited to Vegas?)

Ralph S.
09-15-2003, 12:30 AM
Well Ken, I feel your pain, but I do offer a congrats to OPC and bride to be. Now Les is going to learn a new meaning of the word "ball". I am not refering to object or cue ball either. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I am referring to being used as in "ball and chain". /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Best wishes to Les and Francee. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

rackmup
09-15-2003, 03:52 AM
"Honey...where is the key to my shackles? I need to take a shower and I don't want the ball and chain to scratch the tub."

It hurts to sit by and know that this could have been prevented. I mean, if I hadn't invested so much time in my job and spent more time with OPC at Billy Weir's playing one-pocket, perhaps this could have been averted.

I'm feeling a tremendous amount of guilt. When that metal clasp begins to cut into the flesh around his ankle, will he blame me? As he dons his new "I'm with her" t-shirt, will he suddenly resent me? When he receives dish towels and a matching apron for his birthday, will I feel the weight of blame?

Next year, while attending the US Open with the rest of the CCB crew, it will pain me to know Les is at home, holding yarn while Francee knits him a pair of "house booties."

Regards,

Ken (it's all my fault.)

OnePocketChamp
09-15-2003, 06:43 AM
Ken, my buddy, don't beat yourself up over this, sure you could have done more, spent more time with me, maybe seen the signs earlier and guided me down another path but I know you were really busy with your life-----what am I saying, your absolutely right it IS YOUR FAULT!!!!! What the hell kind of friend are you? But don't worry I am not one to hold grudges or feel long term resentment and of course you will be invited to Vegas for the wedding, well maybe, I'll have to check with Francee to see if its okay.

bluewolf
09-15-2003, 07:25 AM
Best of luck opc. It sounds like your intended likes pool anyway and that cannot be all bad.

Laura

Kato
09-15-2003, 09:11 AM
Does this mean when I come to Texas next calendar year you're gonna have to ask permission to go to the pool room?

Kato~~~is very sorry for Ken's loss

Rich R.
09-15-2003, 09:30 AM
Congrats OPC.
Don't listen to Ken, it is not as bad as he says. After all, I only gave up pool for about 28 years. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
But after beginning to play again, I play worse than ever. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I also think Ken is a little jealous. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

eg8r
09-15-2003, 10:36 AM
NO WAYYYYYY!!!!!! Les is getting married???????

I thought that would never happen. Oh Mister Les, I am quite surprised about the "marriage" thing. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Good luck, I am happy for the two of you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I also heard that Les is taking her last name. I told you...he has it BAD. <hr /></blockquote> Ooops, I spoke to soon. Surely this is not true. Les, come on. Her last name? That is not the way it should be. No offense Francee, but please do not ask this man to do it.

eg8r &lt;~~~Still uses my last name. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r
09-15-2003, 10:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
and of course you will be invited to Vegas for the wedding, well maybe, I'll have to check with Francee to see if its okay.
<hr /></blockquote> LOL. I think that says it all.

Wow, I am still in disbelief.

eg8r

rackmup
09-15-2003, 02:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr> Best of luck opc. It sounds like your intended likes pool anyway and that cannot be all bad.

Laura <hr /></blockquote>

She likes pool except when being beaten...twice in the same night, by me!

It was nothing personal. I was just in denial after OPC broke the news to me (recognized now as an attempt to "shark" me so that I might lose focus against Francee's team) and all I could think about was how I let my friend be led into this cruel web of deceit and moral degradation.

sshh...today...they were having lunch together in Dallas. I bet they were holding hands and playing footsie under the table while looking into each other's eyes saying:

"I love you more my little pookie wookie love smurf."..."No...I love YOU more my little leather-bound purveyor of animal love."

'Nuff to make a grown man ill.

Regards,

Ken (Jealous? Me? No way. They'll have to pry my freedom from my cold, dead...er...something.)

Kato
09-15-2003, 02:26 PM
Plus Ken, any woman you go out with will demand you burn all of those funky shirts you wear and wouldn't want to be seen driving around in the "mouse car".

Kato~~~every once in a while falls into "relationship" but nearly immediately has the good/bad fortune to fall out..........well ok, maybe I get thrown out /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

dg-in-centralpa
09-15-2003, 03:15 PM
My God where's the decency of it all. OPC - if you needed help with your illness we all are here for you. All you had to do was ask. Although I must confess, my "Battle Ax" does let me out twice a week for leagues, sub on a third night, and play poker once a month with the guys. The worst thing is when you say "I Do" and they say "I Don't" Now you're hooked. What about little OPC's? Best Wishes to you both.

DG - who's been grinding his "Ax" for 16 years.

Cayotic Woman
09-15-2003, 04:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> What about little OPC's? <hr /></blockquote>

There won't be any little OPC's with this couple. Now there might be a few OPC grandchildren but we aren't into that reproducing thing. Practicing is much more fun. Pool that is!!!

And I swear to God I'll let OPC out once in a blue moon. That's when he's finished the dishes, done the laundry, waxed the floors, washed the windows, massaged my back, walked the dogs, clipped my toenails and drawn my bath. OPC should be out on good behavior by June, 2010. And that's only if he doesn't mess up along the way. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

As far as him taking my name, I don't think so. Why would I want to put such a burden on my three lovely daughters to have to explain to their friends who he really is? I'm not THAT CRUEL. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Ken, don't expect an invite to Las Vegas. That way if I do reconsider allowing you to attend after the nasty shalacking you gave me last night, you will be surprised. By the way, I have the phone number you asked OPC for last night. You know, the one for Boom Boom? She's just dying to get a hold on you and play some games with you. Pool that is! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Cayotic Woman - Enjoying life one day at a time!