PDA

View Full Version : Learning one pocket

bluewolf
09-15-2003, 01:52 AM
Except for my jaunt to the us open, I am in rural virginia where the pool room rates are 2.60 an hour and there is lots of one pocket. This game has always intrigued me and the gentlemen here are only so willing to teach me different banks and kicks.

It might not help me much in the ccb tournament, but it is sure intriguing. When I return to DC, there is a great OP instructor there who is also good at 9 ball.Without mentioning names, a person told me not to let this man teach me op, but I just do not see why not. Seems fun.

I look forward to seeing everyone there but really think that in time and proficiency in the sport (certainly better than now) that this is going to be a favorite game of mine.

Laura

Kato
09-15-2003, 02:47 PM
You should watch a lot, maybe get some videos. See if you can figure out the moves and find someone to play with. Experience is the key in one pocket. As someone who is sort of kind of maybe learning to play someday that's the way I see it.

Kato

Vapros
09-15-2003, 07:01 PM
Glad to hear that you've decided to study one-pocket. It will give you something fascinating to do for the rest of your life.

magicman
09-15-2003, 11:15 PM
Go see Poppa George at the Orange Ball in Rockville, he can get you rolling on that game "fast".
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif