PDA

View Full Version : CC & Earthquake!

rackmup
09-15-2003, 03:37 AM
The US Open brackets are online at AZB and our very own Chris "the Cassman" Cass draws Keith "Earthquake" McCready in the first round!

Ooh! Ooh! I wanna be there!

Regards,

Ken (Steve Lipsky is playing someone named "bye" in the first round.)

jjinfla
09-15-2003, 06:18 AM
At least they have Chris' last name spelled correctly.

And look at the lousy draw that Tom Kennedy and George San Souci got.

Now that CW is giving up the reigns of the UPA I wonder why he didn't enter the tournament? Seems like he would have been favoured to win it, especially with his showing the last few weeks.

And the low turnout. Only 157? I wonder why?

It would have been a great time for Charlie to bury the hatchet and get people to rally behind the UPA by attending the US Open. I think it would have really been great for Men's Professional Pool, especially if there was a matchup between Charlie and Earl.

Will this be the final nail in the coffin for men's professional pool? What is the incentive for pool organizations/players to help the UPA grow if the UPA will not help the other organizations grow? Don't they know that one hand washes the other?

Oh well, such is life. I hope I get to see some good matches at the Open. Even if they are at the CCB tournament.

Jake

Kato
09-15-2003, 07:32 AM
I tried to call him this morning to wish him good luck but I didn't get an answer and there was no voice mail. I'm devestated. I knew I should have called him yesterday /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Kato~~~was without a computer all weekend.

Eric.
09-15-2003, 03:28 PM
I heard Chris Cass had a rough first match. McCready 11-0. Cass does have another bullet, though...

Lipsky won his first match /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Eric

Billy
09-15-2003, 03:30 PM
not sure but I think rsb has Keith winning 11-0

you come away from that type of match scratching your head and wondering what the heck just happened /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

imo

Rich R.
09-15-2003, 04:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> I heard Chris Cass had a rough first match. McCready 11-0. Cass does have another bullet, though...

Lipsky won his first match /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Eric <hr /></blockquote>
I'm sure that is a case of first match jitters, combined with an unfortunate draw. I don't think anyone would want to draw Keith in the first round and look ahead to see, you play Buddy Hall if you win. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Now Chis can go to the one loss side and kick some butt. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I also hope Steve keeps up the good work. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PQQLK9
09-15-2003, 04:23 PM
With all that Chris has gone through lately i'm sure that all of us will give him two thumbs up for just showing up to play.

Fred Agnir
09-15-2003, 06:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Billy:</font><hr> not sure but I think rsb has Keith winning 11-0

you come away from that type of match scratching your head and wondering what the heck just happened /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

imo

<hr /></blockquote>According to his gf., Keith had stripped threads in his shaft. He picked up a shaft that matched it from John Hennessy. Keith loved the shaft, and fell into Groove City.

Fred &lt;~~~ third hand information

magicman
09-15-2003, 11:28 PM
Say hello to Yappin Wolf when you get there. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bluewolf
09-16-2003, 05:13 AM
Yappinwolf likes to watch the ladies. When he gets back from the open, he is invited to DC where I plan to drown him in a 20 mile swim in my home pool. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

We could have this contest at the open but I heard that Va Beach will probably be evacuated by thursday and I would not be there until friday evening anyway by pre-hurricaine plans..

Laura

Kato
09-16-2003, 05:48 AM
I talked to Karatemom last night and indeed Chris had a rough go of it. She told me that Chris had him in almost every game including the last, where he jarred the 9.

PS. Chris doesn't play again until Thursday, I guess there is an awful lot of byes

PSS. Chris got a bye on the 1 loss side.

PSSS. He plays the loser of the Lipsky matchup.

Kato~~~connected and leaving in T-minus 11 hours.

SPetty
09-16-2003, 11:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> At least they have Chris' last name spelled correctly.<hr /></blockquote>I don't have the patience to try to find the players on the AZ brackets (I wish they could put it all on one page like the WPBA did!), but I found it totally amusing that AZ is using the name Cass, reporting this:

In the match of the afternoon, Keith McCready handed Chris Cass a 'nightmare' of a match. McCready was playing fast and loose and before the crowd knew it, he had won 11-0.

jjinfla
09-16-2003, 11:16 AM
SPety, You blew Chris' cover. No one knew they were the same person. No more road trips for Chris. LOL.

Jake

Fred Agnir
09-16-2003, 11:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> but I found it totally amusing that AZ is using the name Cass, reporting this:

In the match of the afternoon, Keith McCready handed Chris Cass a 'nightmare' of a match. <hr /></blockquote> That's so funny.

Fred &lt;~~~ that they used "CASS"

Qmaster
09-16-2003, 11:59 AM
11 to zip.. OUCH!! How many shots did KM allow??? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Singlemalt
09-16-2003, 12:22 PM
Better yet, how many shots vs. how many kicks?? /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif