PDA

View Full Version : Strickland's cues

Mr. Blonde
09-15-2003, 11:15 PM
I have been watching the 2002 U.S. Open and when I was watching Earl's matches I noticed it seems he is using a diffrent cue but the same model of his playing cue as a break cue. Is this true? If so, why?

Wally_in_Cincy
09-16-2003, 06:29 AM
why not?

Fred Agnir
09-16-2003, 07:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Mr. Blonde:</font><hr> I have been watching the 2002 U.S. Open and when I was watching Earl's matches I noticed it seems he is using a diffrent cue but the same model of his playing cue as a break cue. Is this true? If so, why? <hr /></blockquote>

Possible difference in his preferred weight, tip style, tip hardness, and shaft taper for breaking, most likely.

Fred

Rich R.
09-16-2003, 07:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr>
Possible difference in his preferred weight, tip style, tip hardness, and shaft taper for breaking, most likely.

Fred <hr /></blockquote>
I agree with Fred. Just because the butt appears to be the same, does not mean that anything, other than appearance is the same as his playing cue.

Earl also carries a number of shafts in his case. He frequently changes shafts in the middle of a match, if things do not feel right to him. I have personally seen him change shafts 3 or 4 times, in one match. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I really don't know what is different about the different shafts, but it could be any number of things.

Mr. Blonde
09-16-2003, 08:39 AM
I understand the diffrence in weight,tip,etc.But I was just wondering why he chooses the same design. I think I would get bored with 2 cues that look the same.

Fred Agnir
09-16-2003, 09:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Mr. Blonde:</font><hr> I understand the diffrence in weight,tip,etc.But I was just wondering why he chooses the same design. I think I would get bored with 2 cues that look the same. <hr /></blockquote>

You make a good point. If there are differences as I suggested, how does he know which one is which?

Fred &lt;~~~ re-thinking

Rich R.
09-16-2003, 09:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> You make a good point. If there are differences as I suggested, how does he know which one is which?

Fred &lt;~~~ re-thinking <hr /></blockquote>
It is very possible that only the butts are the same and he uses his multitude of shafts on either one.

It is also possible that he has a small mark on one, so he knows the difference.

Just speculating. I have no real information. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

pooltchr
09-16-2003, 10:39 AM
I don't have matching cues, but I can tell the difference just by the shape of the tip. I keep a small flat spot on the end of my break cue. I've known a few players that have matching cues and they don't seem to have a problem telling them apart. I'm sure if you looked closely, you would see differences.

Fred Agnir
09-16-2003, 11:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> I don't have matching cues, but I can tell the difference just by the shape of the tip<hr /></blockquote> What about the butt, which I think is what the original poster is talking about?

Fred

Qtec
09-16-2003, 11:25 AM
We are talking about a Pro here.

Not everybody buys a cue because it looks nice.

Q