PDA

View Full Version : StrokeTRAINER, a great learning & teaching tool!

Qmaster
09-16-2003, 07:50 AM
I am usually a skeptic when it comes to all of the billiard training tools
out there. I have played pool for nearly 20 years and have run hundreds &
hundreds of racks but do find my stroke to be inconsistent at times. Due to
the praise of Dougs product by Monk, Mike Janis and Dr. Cue, I bought one of
the Stroketrainer products.
In a few days I have learned more about my stroke than in many many years.
I am not being paid, nor has Doug asked me to do this but I can say that it
is the best cash I have spent on the sport.
No need for negative or smart remarks. Just giving my opinion on the
product. It is a revolution in training at pool.
I also poster this on RSB.

Q..DAddy

Aboo
09-16-2003, 11:00 AM
My question is this: What is the Stroke Trainer made out of? Are the materials light enough for easy transportation?
Does it come apart at some point? I.E. - Break down for easy transportation. Is the "eye" adjustable? For instance, my bridge hand is MUCH larger than my 6 year old son, would he have trouble using the "eye" for a consistent cue ball hit? Would I?

Cueless Joey
09-16-2003, 11:30 AM
It's of no use to me.
I have a habit of pointing at the bottom of the cb for practice strokes.

Qmaster
09-16-2003, 11:43 AM
To answer your questions as to its portability. It is easy to dismantle, only two hex screws hold the guide on. It is also adjustable for many different hand sizes so it would definitely fit a child if needed. IT is made of a fairly heavy steel with a polished black coating. Not sure exactly what type of metal but it only weighs about 10 pounds total. The package it was shipped in was 12 and that included the box.
It sounds like a hefty investment but I have found it as the best pool purchase that I have made in 20 years of playing. MY stroke has GREATLY improved in a few days.
I have no affiliation with Doug. Just am very happy with the item... Keep shooting straight.

Q..Daddy /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rod
09-16-2003, 12:42 PM
I only do that on the break. However soda or beer bottles work well. If you can't stroke it through the opening there, there's little chance of making exact contact on the c/b.

Rod

Aboo
09-16-2003, 12:48 PM
Well, it IS a pretty hefty investment :P But it's a good idea none the less. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Especially for those of us who have ingrained bad habits in our stroke.

cheesemouse
09-16-2003, 12:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Aboo:</font><hr> Well, it IS a pretty hefty investment :P But it's a good idea none the less. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Especially for those of us who have ingrained bad habits in our stroke. <hr /></blockquote>

You probably have the makings of one in your garage; two boards, two "L" brackets and some screws...LOL...and one empty beer bottle.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif