PDA

View Full Version : Isabel

Rod
09-16-2003, 04:24 PM
I thought I'd just put this up, if anyone wants to add as it goes along that's always good. Scroll down to the left for pictures.

Isabele (http://www.msnbc.com/news/961894.asp)

Reading the first paragraph I now know exactly where this thing is suppose to hit. My earliest ancester's moved to Albermarle, in particular at the North end of Little River. I hope it turns but by sattlite it's heading straight to there. Even if it does pass through without terrible damage, the traffic could be a heck of a problem with everyone returning to the area on Friday. Sorry I'm not trying to make the future seem dim, just realistic.

Rod

dg-in-centralpa
09-17-2003, 03:42 PM
I've been following Isabel. Even in Central Pa(15 miles east of Hershey), we're to get 2 - 4 inches of rain, and winds up to 60 mph. We're expecting flooding. Who knows, maybe I'll get a day off work.

DG - needs to stock up on "nutrients" before the storm

Rod
09-17-2003, 04:07 PM
That's a hell of a lot of rain DG, store your nutrients at cool temperature!

Rod
09-18-2003, 07:14 PM
Hows everybody doing back east? Barbara and DG you guys ok? Just curious how bad this thing got inland. I don't expect to hear from the convention center area until much later.

Rod

bluewolf
09-19-2003, 07:16 AM
I am in western va where lots of the first coastal wave of folks came to avoid the hurricaine. We got steady rain yesterday. We have a river that floods every few years and small streams coming off the mountains but nothing like what is facing those on the coast or DC. I feel pretty fortunate in where I am.

I came here to care for my mom while my sis is vacationing in AZ. Just lucky I guess. Parts of inner va seem harder flooded and PA seems like it was going to get more floods due to excessive rain.

Signing off to take my malamute to the vet. He is nine so it seems I help feed the vet on a fairly regular basis. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Laura

Barbara
09-19-2003, 07:32 AM
Rod,

I'm okay. I'm more worried about houseman and dg since they've had tons more rain that we've had here.

It's just windy as hell. About 25-30 with gusts up to 40.

Pete went down to check on our boat last night and she's okay. But there was a 100 foot private yatch parked at one of the the yatch clubs. Pete took pics of it. You don't see those suckers up this way too often! And I guess this weekend all those million dollar fishing yatchs will be cruising back to wherever they came from. I don't think we'll be doing any sailing this weekend with this wind. Oh, maybe - I just saw that the winds are going down to 5-10 mph. That's perfect!

Barbara~~~has some yard cleaning to do... but not until "My Cousin Vinny" is over... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara
09-19-2003, 08:54 AM
Rod,

Pete checked around with some people at work about that 100-foot yatch. Seems the only marina that could moor that baby would be Trump Marina in Atlantic City. Why it came all the way up here (about 70 miles), we have no idea.

The Delaware River is 5 feet over its banks, too. This should be an interesting weekend with all the wash coming down from the tributaries.

Barbara~~~a mile from the river...

Rod
09-19-2003, 10:40 AM
Thanks Barbara,

I asked that last night when I saw the eye crusing NW into your area. I mean I don't know the exact area everyone lives but that dam thing was so big it covered a lot of area. I just got an erie feeling all hell was breaking loose.

I hope everyone is ok, the CCB crew no doubt had a very interesting night. What a pain, drive or fly that distance, then a disaster strikes. I hope someone from here is able to give us a report on everyone, but then they probably have more important business to take care of.

Rod

dg-in-centralpa
09-19-2003, 01:21 PM
Barbara - Thanks for the concern. We have some trees blown down and one fourth of Lebanon County is without electric. Our city hall, schools, shopping centers, some banks, were closed 'cause of no electric. No damage at my place. We actually saw the sun for about a half an hour today. Tomorrow is to be near 80 degrees and sunny. Wha hoo!

DG - hopes the CCB'ers at the Open made it ok