PDA

View Full Version : Million Dollar Tournament

jjinfla
09-16-2003, 05:48 PM
Inside Pool has an article about the upcoming Million Dollar tournament. 7 foot tables, single elimination, race to 21. Ceasar's Palace in Vegas in December.

Hell of a Christmas present for the winner.

Jake

Perk
09-17-2003, 06:21 AM
After reading that article, and the more I think about it, I think the concept is good, but I dont think you can get 500 players with 10,000 for a tourney on BB's that everyone has a shot to win.

After talking about it with a friend of mine who is a really strong shooter, he seemed all about it. He was gonna talk to a "friend" about it, but I still think its too high risk reward for most pool players.

If a person wins 2 matches he nets 1500.00, but if you have a backer, or group of people putting you in, then you wouldnt win much compared to the risk involved. Unless of course you could catch a gear... 21 X 9 = 189 winning racks of 9ball to become a millionare (assuming its full field).

<--obviously wont be there, I have yet to win a tourney with 128 players..let alone 500 plus full of champions and unknown killers!

Qmaster
09-17-2003, 06:27 AM
Don't see this one happening. Players are too tight and that is quite a risk figuring the odds.?? Don't matter how good you are!
IMHO....
Q..Daddy /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

SPetty
09-17-2003, 08:40 AM
Or, it could be done like it's being done here... A tournament is being held to get a qualifying position.

I've misplaced the paperwork, but a local (TAP) guy is organizing a tournament, entry fee $100, single elimination race to 11 (I think). If they get 100 entries, the winner gets a paid entry into this million dollar event. If they don't get 100 entries, then it'll be handled like a regular tournament payout.

Jimmy B
09-18-2003, 02:12 AM
This thing will never, ever , ever fill up, I'd be shocked if the event Spetty mentioned will fill, getting 100 players to fork over $100 is almost as hard as 500 even having $1,000 let alone 5K or 10K. There is no chance this thing flys. Look at the US Open, here is an event with 25 years of history and they can't get 256 people. I wish it would, but I guess I'm just a realist. JB

Bassn7
09-18-2003, 10:11 PM
I mentioned this tournament to a friend of mine and he stated . . . "They're going about this all backwards. In order to get the number of contestants they want, they should shorten the race to 2 or 3 and lower the entry fee."

The way it is, only the best players would try. There are way too few of them, not 500. Way too risky. It needs to be a HUGE tournament that ANYONE could win.