PDA

View Full Version : BLACK HEART Q FOR CCB TOURNY????

BLACKHEART
09-17-2003, 11:08 AM
1) First off, is there someone that has a site,where I could send you some pictures of the Q I made, for the CCB TOURNY? If so, could you load the pics & post the web site address on the CCB?

2)I was planing on being at the tournament, to present the Q, to whoever had their name drawn. I was also really looking forward to meeting you all. But since, spending my vacation time in the basement of some grade school, isn't what I had planed I'm wondering who I could next day this Q to,that wouldn't be going til late FRIDAY OR SATURDAY?...JER

Wally_in_Cincy
09-17-2003, 11:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BLACKHEART:</font><hr> 1) First off, is there someone that has a site,where I could send you some pictures of the Q I made, for the CCB TOURNY? If so, could you load the pics &amp; post the web site address on the CCB?

2)I was planing on being at the tournament, to present the Q, to whoever had their name drawn. I was also really looking forward to meeting you all. But since, spending my vacation time in the basement of some grade school, isn't what I had planed I'm wondering who I could next day this Q to,that wouldn't be going til late FRIDAY OR SATURDAY?...JER <hr /></blockquote>

Jer,

Considering the circumstances you might want to hang onto it for safekeeping right now. I'm planning on leaving Friday morning but I don't know for sure that I will actually make it to the site. Depends on the extent of the devastation.

I hope you change your mind and go to the tourney. We would like to meet you too.

And thanks for donating the cue. That was a great gesture.

Wally

SPetty
09-17-2003, 11:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BLACKHEART:</font><hr> 1) First off, is there someone that has a site,where I could send you some pictures of the Q I made, for the CCB TOURNY? If so, could you load the pics &amp; post the web site address on the CCB?<hr /></blockquote>Hi JER,

I'd be happy to post a few pics for us. I'll PM you with my email address. You can send them there, and I'll post them for you. Since I've got league tonight, I probably won't be able to post them until tomorrow evening. If that's O.K., send them to me!

Eric.
09-17-2003, 12:20 PM
Hi Jer,

I'm disappointed that you can't make it. I was hoping to meet you, along with the others.

The Hurricane is supposed to hit Virginia Bch Thurs. morning and be done by Friday morning. If you're flying in Fri, you shouldn't have a problem(unless the Hurricane destroys everything).

On the flip side, I'm driving down Friday morning and would be happy to deliver the cue. If you get this on time, PM me today and I'll give you my info.

Eric

Scott Lee
09-17-2003, 03:11 PM
JER...Just send it to me! LOL I will accept on behalf of the CCB winner, and break the cue in for them. Shouldn't take more than 9-10 months! LOL

Scott

BLACKHEART
09-17-2003, 10:11 PM
Scott you have such a big heart...JER

Ralph S.
09-18-2003, 01:31 AM
We interrupt the current postings for this breaking news: Could Scott Lee be ditching the Samsara and switching to a Blackheart? Stay tuned as we will follow with more information as we get it.

Hi Scott, I had to poke a little fun at ya. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif How ya been? Give me a shout or pm, okay?

Scott Lee
09-18-2003, 10:45 AM
Ralph...Nah, I'll never ditch the Samsara. However, JER makes a sweet cue, and I was just offering to keep the cue in escrow, until the eventual winner is determined (ummm, that would take a REALLY long time, right? LOL)! Hope things are going well in Ft. Wayne!

Scott

Mr Ingrate
09-18-2003, 09:40 PM
JER,

If it would help, overnight it to me:

Dave Syrja
C/O Holiday Inn Room 514
725 Woodlake Drive
Chesapeake, VA 23320

I would be happy to present it on your behalf, but I'd sooner you present it yourself.

SPetty
09-19-2003, 01:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> I'd be happy to post a few pics for us ... I probably won't be able to post them until tomorrow ... <hr /></blockquote>Just in case anyone's waiting for the pics (like I was), I don't think BLACKHEART has checked his PMs and he didn't respond to me or my offer to post the pics. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Sorry, IDWIC!

Rod
09-19-2003, 01:52 PM
IKYD /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

BLACKHEART
09-19-2003, 10:51 PM
YOU ARE RIGHT. I was waiting for you to send me an E-MAIL, but didn't think to look in my PM. Thanks for getting back to me. I sent you some pics &amp; it's good of you to volunteer to do this. Like I said to someone else, I was hoping that a full field would be at the CCB TOURNAMENT, so that a lot of players could see my work. If the tournament does come off, even at a reduced number of players, I'll still give this $ 650 Q to the luck person who has their name drawn in a blind draw...JER

Ralph S.
09-20-2003, 02:03 AM
That is a very beautiful cue Jerry. Whoever wins it will be very happy I am sure.

griffith_d
09-20-2003, 07:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BLACKHEART:</font><hr> YOU ARE RIGHT. I was waiting for you to send me an E-MAIL, but didn't think to look in my PM. Thanks for getting back to me. I sent you some pics &amp; it's good of you to volunteer to do this. Like I said to someone else, I was hoping that a full field would be at the CCB TOURNAMENT, so that a lot of players could see my work. If the tournament does come off, even at a reduced number of players, I'll still give this $ 650 Q to the luck person who has their name drawn in a blind draw...JER <hr /></blockquote>

Put my name in the hat please.

Griff

SPetty
09-20-2003, 11:38 AM
Here's pics of the lovely Blackheart cue: http://members.aol.com/iheart8ball/pics/smallbutt.jpg
Click here (http://members.aol.com/iheart8ball/pics/blackheartbutt.jpg) for much larger butt pic...

http://members.aol.com/iheart8ball/pics/smallforearm.jpg
Click here (http://members.aol.com/iheart8ball/pics/blackheartforearm.jpg) for much larger forearm pic...

It comes with this description:
"The shaft is laminated. The red/orange wood is Cocobolo. The points and butt sleeve are Ebony. The handle is black stained Maple. The forearm is Birdseye Maple. (Even though I use a lot of Ivory in my Qs, the white parts are not Ivory.) The tip is Water Buffalo.... THIS IS A GREAT HITTING CUE...JER"

JER, glad I could help. This is a really beautiful cue.

And you other guys - how did you see this already??!? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
09-20-2003, 12:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> .......And you other guys - how did you see this already??!? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I was wondering that myself. I thought I was just stupid /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

That's a gorgeous cue. The joint collar (is that what you call it?) is cocobolo?

Popcorn
09-20-2003, 12:31 PM
Nice cue, I like the classic simplicity of the design.

nAz
09-20-2003, 02:13 PM
Ya I really like those box rings. one thing what size is the pin?

BLACKHEART
09-20-2003, 07:07 PM
The joint is indeed COCOBOLO. THe joint screw is 3/8-10 stainless steel. I'm glad everybody likes it.....NOW WHO'S NAME WAS DRAWN?...JER

eg8r
09-20-2003, 07:57 PM
That is a beautiful cue. I am sure the winner will be excited. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

BLACKHEART
09-20-2003, 10:36 PM
SPetty.....THANKS FOR YOUR HELP...JER

rackmup
09-21-2003, 08:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
.....NOW WHO'S NAME WAS DRAWN?...JER <hr /></blockquote>

Kato won the cue. Now what I want to know is...Does he get what looks like a JJ case with it???

Regards,

Ken

BLACKHEART
09-21-2003, 09:37 AM
SORRY GUYS,The beautiful JACK JUSTIS CASE is just a pleasing background for the Q. The pool table belongs to my daughter &amp; is also not part of the donation. I usually donate 3 Qs a year to good causes, hopeing that my gift will help someone &amp; that maybe I can get some free publicity. Normally I only make 25-30 Qs a year...JER

Kato
09-22-2003, 10:49 PM
Whoa!!!!!!!!! That's real sharp. Wow!!!!!!!!!

Very, very, nice Jer.

Send it home to Kato Baby. Let's get that puppy into the pool room /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato

Rich R.
09-23-2003, 04:34 AM
Great looking cue, Jer. Sorry you couldn't make it to the tournament, to present it personally.

Now, if you can't get Kato's address, I will be glad to accept delivery, since it should have been mine anyway /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif, and I will deliver it to Kato, the next time I see him. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif