PDA

View Full Version : Here Comes the Rain Again...

dg-in-centralpa
09-18-2003, 02:23 PM
I have to borrow from The Eurythmics for this. My area (Lebanon,PA) has had so much rain and snow this year we don't know what to do. This has been the wettest summer for many years. The rains from Isabel have just started. We're to get anywhere from 1 1/2 inches to 5 inches of rain and 30 - 50 mph winds with gusts up to 60 mph. Although I know it could be worse, schools are closing already in anticipation of the flooding. Stay Dry!

DG - only thing left to do is drink heavily lol

Barbara
09-18-2003, 03:56 PM
dg,

You stay safe! And you're reminding me to call me GF in Hummelstown!

Barbara

Candyman
09-18-2003, 04:59 PM
This storm is unbelievable. I live in Burlington, NC and we are on the other side of this monster. We are getting 55mph winds here at 7PM. This is suppose to be the "mild" side of the storm. You guys be safe. There has already been a serious injury in our area from a large tree falling on a passing motorist. Lock

Barbara
09-18-2003, 05:14 PM
Downed trees pulling down a power line is always the biggest danger!

You've really gotta feal for those Utility workers when the sh$t hits the line!

Barbara

dg-in-centralpa
09-19-2003, 06:11 AM
The worst is now over. We've had gusts up to 50 mph but not as much rain as was predicted. My rain gauge shows a little over an inch. All our schools have closed for the day and I'm not sure if I will be working or not. It depends on whether my appointment is cancelled. The main part of the storm went to the west of my area. Best of luck to everyone else caught in the storm.

DG - who's glad this isn't snow

Rod
09-19-2003, 10:44 AM
DG,

Thanks for the report, glad to hear things went reasonably well. An inch sounds light but it's still a lot of rain.

~~ rod, hopes DG was stocked well