PDA

View Full Version : Woman commits assault with billiards ball

PQQLK9
09-20-2003, 07:31 AM
Police: Woman commits assault with billiards ball

Herald News Staff , Herald News Staff 09/20/2003

NEW BEDFORD -- Police arrested a New Bedford woman Thursday for using a cue ball to assault another woman, who later died.

According to police, Dina M. Alcantra, 50, was involved in a fight at Sapantiha’s Cafe at 280 Acushnet Ave. on Sept. 10 at about 1 a.m. Police say Alcantra took a cue ball from a pool table and struck the victim, Maria Linhares, 31, of New Bedford, in the head with the ball.

Linhares refused medical attention and went home. Several hours later, police received a 911 call regarding an unresponsive female. Linhares was found dead. The investigation into her death is continuing.

Alcantara was charged with assault and battery with a dangerous weapon.

©The Herald News 2003

Sid_Vicious
09-20-2003, 07:55 AM
"Alcantara was charged with assault and battery with a dangerous weapon."

Does this mean that following the Patriot Act that the manufacturer of the materials of the billiard ball is a terrorist? Given enough drunk women, we could have mass destruction. How about auto deaths, maybe there is cause to arrest the auto makers,,,oh I forgot, they are big business. What about the cigarette makers, that causes masses of deaths, arrest them too. You see, it really never ends does it, unless you remain above the laws, or happen to be the ones making the law...sid

Wally_in_Cincy
09-20-2003, 08:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> .....Police say Alcantra took a cue ball from a pool table and struck the victim, Maria Linhares, 31, of New Bedford, in the head with the ball.....<hr /></blockquote>

Another "black eye" for pool /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Must have been one of heavy plugged cue balls.

I wonder if she learned this from Bucktooth /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Rod
09-20-2003, 03:40 PM
Years ago I saw a guy get pi$$ed, pick up and throw a snooker ball, about 12 feet. He threw it full speed and hit another guy right in the center of the chest. The guy that was hit looked back for a moment then come around the table after the guy! He took off running so that was the end. Funny thing they never even played pool, they had just come in the place. He must have had a sore spot.