PDA

View Full Version : Me and my mom and my mal

bluewolf
09-20-2003, 08:02 AM
I do not know how long I will be at my mom's. Her health is not doing good and I am having to monitor her carefully. Worse case scenario is that she has lung cancer on top of her very brittle diabetes[best case that she has pneumonia], but I will be here until we get things resolved. I cannot go back home to DC until ????

My malamute is also sick and when I am not with mom, rocky is at the vets getting all kinds of tests. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I have practiced pool once in the last week and cannot get online everyday. So sorry that I cannot get on ccb everyday and sorry that I missed the ccb tourney. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

The poolhall is kool here though and hoping to go this afternoon. The 9 fts have tight pockets because it is one pocket land. They show me op stuff whenever I go there which is way neat. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif When I get back, I expect I will know more about the game that has always attracted me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Just checking in sort of to say hi. I hope people here dont think I am being a cry baby. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gifI am feeling fine. This is just life that one often faces with an elderly parent.

Take care to all and I hope the roads were open for the rest of you to get to the tourney. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Laura

Sid_Vicious
09-20-2003, 08:51 AM
Things sound tough Laura, my mom is living with my sister, God bless their souls so Mom is well looked after. As you know. Brandi my heeler did go through the ripping up from the neighbors dogs after getting out of the pen, and she was pitiful for a while. All in all, I understand your situation almost perfectly. I don't think you are a cry baby, not at all. Take care, and you can expect a loss of your game for a while. I'd lay low from pool if I were you, read your pool books again, just don't compete. Jm2c...sid

bluewolf
09-20-2003, 09:31 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr>All in all, I understand your situation almost perfectly. I don't think you are a cry baby, not at all. Take care, and you can expect a loss of your game for a while. I'd lay low from pool if I were you, read your pool books again, just don't compete. Jm2c...sid <hr /></blockquote>

Thanks sid. I told ww to tell our apa captain he might want to find someone else to take my place. Heck, I will just get to the ph when I can in the meantime.At least I can just enjoy pool and learn more about op.

My mal is 9 and i have been taking him back and forth to the vets since I got him 18 months ago. It does make me wonder if he has had kidney problems all along and the previous owner did not pick it up. Now I am determined to get to the bottom of it so he can live out his life in comfort.

I guess when it rains it pours...

Laura