PDA

View Full Version : Valley cue balls

stickman
09-20-2003, 05:10 PM
It's been quite a while back that I remember some posts about a new Valley cue ball, with the Aramith logo, that played very well, and returned. A search came up with nothing on it for me. As I remember, you could only get one with the purchase of a new Valley table. Does anyone know if the balls can be purchased for existing valley tables yet?

cheesemouse
09-20-2003, 05:16 PM
Stickman,

I have heard that the local vendor will be supplying the 'new' balls this year but only because the league players 'demanded' they do so...the squeaky wheel you know...

stickman
09-20-2003, 05:22 PM
Thanks Cheese, that's why I'm asking. We use the Super Aramith pros, for league and tournaments, but it's a pain to have to keep fishing them out. I told the hall owner that I'd check to see if the balls could be purchased yet.

cheesemouse
09-20-2003, 08:31 PM
stick,

I also heard they were $20 a piece and only availaible to the vendors who quit naturally don't want to buy them because they fear they will all be riped off....now what league pool player would do that? LOL

ras314
09-21-2003, 08:20 PM
Story I heard was these new balls got dirty too quick and were hard to clean. So back to the drawing board. No idea if this is true.

I do notice the red circle stays cleaner than most others.

stickman
09-21-2003, 10:05 PM
You may be right.I haven't heard anything about them since the initial reports. I haven't even seen one. I live in a rural community, and this is the best source of information I have. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I figure some of the members in the larger metropolists have seen them and maybe even played with them, and have some information???

Rod
09-21-2003, 10:41 PM
Jim,
I've played with one, no logo or anything. My friend bought one but supposedly it's not like the ones used at the BCA in Vegas this year. Those were suppose to have some type of metal flake cast into the resin. I was told they rolled off so he had a newer design. It just looked like a brite white cue ball. I hit a few balls, it seemed a little sluggish but it's hard to say much for sure, since I really wasn't that interested at the time. I'll see him fairly soon, I'll give it another roll.

Rod

SPetty
09-22-2003, 07:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote stickman:</font><hr> I figure some of the members in the larger metropolists have seen them and maybe even played with them, and have some information??? <hr /></blockquote>I have a set that came with my Valley Cougar pool table. It plays well. I haven't noticed excessive discoloration on my cue ball, although it did seem excessive in Vegas. However, I don't put a lot of time in on the little table. I don't know how to get a set without buying a table.

RUNaRAK
09-22-2003, 07:37 AM
IT would certainly be nice. It is rough to go play with the normal heavy Cue ball when I never practice on the bar box. It is a bit of an adjustment when coming from a set of Super Pro Aramith that I use at home.
I would love to see my league switch.