PDA

View Full Version : Bert Kinister cue (widowmaker)

dmgwalsh
09-21-2003, 04:18 AM
Anybody ever get one of his cues? What do you think of it?

socrates
09-21-2003, 09:50 PM
I have one in my collection and like it.

60" wood to wood, long 3/8 10 pin hits solid.

He is in the process of switching cue makers for his widomaker cues. Have not seen any of the new work but understand they will be built to Bert's specs and subject to his inspection before he starts to ship them.

Hope that helps,

Steve

dmgwalsh
09-22-2003, 04:54 AM
Thanks for your opinion. I met him the other night through a mutual friend and had a few pops with him. Pretty soon, he pulled out 3 or 4 real nice looking cues. I eventually bought one from him. I wasn't really looking for a cue, but it looked so nice and felt so good that I went ahead and pulled the trigger. It was kind of pricey, so I was wondering what the concensus was. I played with it four a few minutes yesterday and it felt nice.

JPB
09-22-2003, 07:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dmgwalsh:</font><hr> Thanks for your opinion. I met him the other night through a mutual friend and had a few pops with him. Pretty soon, he pulled out 3 or 4 real nice looking cues. I eventually bought one from him. I wasn't really looking for a cue, but it looked so nice and felt so good that I went ahead and pulled the trigger. It was kind of pricey, so I was wondering what the concensus was. I played with it four a few minutes yesterday and it felt nice. <hr /></blockquote>

So he got you drunk and took advantage of you? /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

But why ask when you've already bought it? Have some confidence in your taste. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

dmgwalsh
09-22-2003, 07:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JPB:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote dmgwalsh:</font><hr> Thanks for your opinion. I met him the other night through a mutual friend and had a few pops with him. Pretty soon, he pulled out 3 or 4 real nice looking cues. I eventually bought one from him. I wasn't really looking for a cue, but it looked so nice and felt so good that I went ahead and pulled the trigger. It was kind of pricey, so I was wondering what the concensus was. I played with it four a few minutes yesterday and it felt nice. <hr /></blockquote>

So he got you drunk and took advantage of you? /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

No, I did that myself before he got there.

But why ask when you've already bought it? Well, I just was wondering if I got taken a little.

Have some confidence in your taste. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote> I haven't played with too many good cues. I have a few vikings. I have taken a few strokes with a Ginacue and a Richard Black.
This widowmaker definitely feels better than the vikings, and feels to be in the same ballpark with the others if memory of the others is correct.