PDA

View Full Version : CCB tourney; Blackheart cue winner

SPetty
09-21-2003, 07:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sally from Inside Pool from another post:</font><hr>It's been so crazy here that I don't know much. I ran into Tom and Wendy, and they both told me that Kato was the big winner at the CCB event, winning second place and the cue and a couple of Accu-Stats tapes as well.

Apparently the generator kept failing and there were frequent losses of power throughout, but it sounds as if everyone there had a great time. I'm so bummed to have missed it. You'll have to read our article when it comes out in November.<hr /></blockquote>

Sid_Vicious
09-21-2003, 08:14 AM
That was a nice rig! I assume that the case was included, and I know a little about what those leather jobs retail for, the one posted in the pic was even nicer that the one I have, or the ones I see being toted around. Add that cue, which was a design I really liked for several reasons, and that all adds up to a special treasure for somebody. JER, you are a generous man! sid

rackmup
09-21-2003, 08:20 AM
RJ left a message for me on the machine at home. He took second in the tourny, only to lose to an unmentioned foe. He DID win the Blackheart cue and a boatload of other stuff.

I'll see him next month at Breakers and the new cue will no doubt be kicking my butt all over the house.

Kato...does this mean the Omen is retiring already?

Congrats little buddy!

Regards,

Ken

Rod
09-21-2003, 09:19 AM
Sid,

All I ever heard was a cue given away. I'm betting the case is not part of the deal. I'd imagine it was used as a "Name Tag" for the picture. I'll be corrected if wrong.

Rod

Sid_Vicious
09-21-2003, 10:01 AM
Rod...That's the answer, no case, but would it not make a handsome combo to offer, either in a raffle or a tournament prize...sid

BLACKHEART
09-21-2003, 10:55 AM
Do I understand that Kato, has won the BLACK HEART CUE &amp; has become a recent owner of an OMEN Q? I've never seen an OMEN Q &amp; they have probably never seen one of mine. I will be interested to have Kato give us some feedback as to how they compare as to fit, finish, design &amp; most importantly how they play...JER

bolo
09-21-2003, 01:09 PM
That is not a fair position to put Kato in. What do you expect him to say.

BLACKHEART
09-21-2003, 01:20 PM
I would hope that he find differences in the 2 Qs. I would love his feed back, good or bad. If there are areas that I can improve on, I'd love to hear it. Kato is a regular poster &amp; he has never been shy about his opinion...JER

cheesemouse
09-21-2003, 01:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bolo:</font><hr> That is not a fair position to put Kato in. What do you expect him to say. <hr /></blockquote>

I can't speak for Kato but I would say "thank you Mr. Black Heart cue maker for offering this beautiful cue as a prize in our ccb U.S.Open tournament. You certainly didn't have to do that but we all appreciate that you did. I was the lucky one to win your cue and I can't wait to see how I like playing with it. Because you asked and because it was such a nice jesture on your part I will compare each cue and give you an honest answer...FWIW... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato, you lucky dog.......

Barbara
09-21-2003, 02:41 PM
bolo,

I don't see where it's an unfair position. Jerry would like to know the differences between his cue and the Omen. Personally, next time I see CarolNYC, I'd like to hit with her BLACKHEART cue, too. Then I can give Jerry some feedback, too.

Kato would give feedback in a positive way, anyway. Besides, there is no one cuemaker out there that can satisfy the needs of all the pool players in the world.

Barbara

wolfdancer
09-21-2003, 04:21 PM
Bolo is correct..it's unfair to Kato...it would be much better if he shipped it to me for an honest appraisal..I could probably have an opinion in just a few short months.
I'm also available to compare your 27 ft'r against that yatchet. This of course, would take much longer...an inland waterways trip to Fla in yours for the winter, and maybe St. John's in the other one...(all expenses paid)
I can tell you though that I crewed on a 47 ft'r and we went to Newport for the America cup races...when the cocktail flag was up, it was "welcome aboard"..even if you were there in a Boston Whaler...everybody was having a good time....except for the stuck-up folks on the Rockfeller's 85 ft motor sailer...Since we were anchored nearby, I could see that they were all constipated, I think. so maybe bigger ain't better.
I'm reading my "Freud for Dummies" to see if he has any yacht size, dream interpretations

cueball1950
09-21-2003, 04:29 PM
Congratulations to KATO. He does have a very nice omen cue. Never got to hit a bal with it but it looked nice. Does anyone have any other info on who won what other prizes. I also hope the 1st and 2nd place winners liked their trophies. Sure wish i could have stayed longer. darn...always next year.............................mike

Barbara
09-21-2003, 05:16 PM
Hey Jack Dunbar!

You're welcome on our Precision 235!! There's more than enough room!!

Barbara~~~will she ever meet the real Jack Dunbar????

BLACKHEART
09-21-2003, 05:21 PM
KATO, I heard by way of the Chalk Board, that you were the lucky winner of my BLACK HEART CUE. Congratulations. If you will either call me at 1-815-223-8774 or E-MAIL me at blkhrt4@insightbb.com, we can arrange for shipment...JER

Vagabond
09-21-2003, 05:42 PM
Howdy Barbara,
How do u know Jack Dunbar from Charleston,WV? Cheers
Vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

bolo
09-21-2003, 06:09 PM
I was serious, Pete, who he knows and is a friend of Big Steve's, made him a cue to his spects that he seem to like. Your cue was given to him as a prize. He would feel awkward saying anything negative about either cue.

"I've never seen an OMEN Q &amp; they have probably never seen one of mine. I will be interested to have Kato give us some feedback as to how they compare as to fit, finish, design &amp; most importantly how they play...JER "

You have asked for specific's regarding the comparison of the cues. Be like critiquing someone's cooking when you were invited to their house. " The potatoes were a little under cooked, I liked the salad, but the dressing was a little strong". He can't give an honest answer, not publicly so why ask him to do so?

Ralph S.
09-21-2003, 06:17 PM
Congratulations Kato on being the winner of the cue. I trust you will enjoy it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Ralph S.
09-21-2003, 06:28 PM
Bolo, you are way off base on this one. It is fair for Blackheart to ask for feed back on the cues performance verses the performance of another cue. It is the same as comparing Ford and Chevy. Just different products is all.

Besides that, if you were a cue maker, wouldnt you try out a competitors product or have someone else try it? It is only a matter of wanting to improve on what you make or to make it better than the other guy. I am sure that the cuemakers out there are just as competetive in their craft as us players are at the game.

If you stop and think, this is why many companies test products of theirs and their competitors. They usually call it something like research and development.

Voodoo Daddy
09-21-2003, 06:46 PM
I think Bolo is dead on...IMO, if Jerry makes KATO a cue to the same spec that his OMEN is, then a comparison can be made. I'm sure that the cue KATO won hits real good, I'm happy for the boy...just hearin' how happy he was was good enough for me!!

nAz
09-21-2003, 07:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sally from Inside Pool from another post:</font><hr>It's been so crazy here that I don't know much. I ran into Tom and Wendy, and they both told me that Kato was the big winner at the CCB event, winning second place and the cue and a couple of Accu-Stats tapes as well.
<hr /></blockquote>

COOL!!! congrats Kato
one thing if Kato is the "big winner" at second place whats was the first place winner? what did he/she get? as a matter of fact who finished where?

bluewolf
09-22-2003, 05:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BLACKHEART:</font><hr> I would hope that he find differences in the 2 Qs. I would love his feed back, good or bad. If there are areas that I can improve on, I'd love to hear it. Kato is a regular poster &amp; he has never been shy about his opinion...JER <hr /></blockquote>

Jer,

I have ordered a scruggs cue, which may take a month or two more to get. I also have the cue you made for me. When I get the scruggs, I would be more than happy to give you feedback. I would get some good players I know to try both and give you feedback also.

Your cue is 19.6 and 60 inches with wood, no wrap. The scruggs is 18.5 with a leather wrap so I would get some good players to compare, if you would like.

Laura

Barbara
09-22-2003, 08:20 AM
Vagabond,

This jack dunbar is from the west coast and has been posting off an on for a couple years.

Barbara

Kato
09-22-2003, 10:06 PM
Jerry, I'd be pleased to give you a jingle tomorrow after I recover. I'm very excited to get that Blackheart and put it through the ringer. I'll tell the world what I think of your work, I'm not shy. Yes the Omen was made to my specs and it is what I badly wanted but I hit with 5 cues at the CCB tournament that I just fell in love with. There's always room for more cues, ask anyone /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato~~~~can't believe his luck yet.

CarolNYC
09-23-2003, 04:47 AM
Hey all, Im glad you all had fun and arrived there and home safely-and Congratulations KATO for winning the cue and whatever else you won!
Carol~would have loved to see the kodak moment!:)

Fred Agnir
09-23-2003, 08:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Yes the Omen was made to my specs and it is what I badly wanted but I hit with 5 cues at the CCB tournament that I just fell in love with. There's always room for more cues, ask anyone <hr /></blockquote>

Room for more cues? I'm shocked. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Fred &lt;~~~ needs more room

Rich R.
09-23-2003, 09:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> Room for more cues? I'm shocked. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Fred &lt;~~~ needs more room <hr /></blockquote>
To have room for more cues, you first have to buy more cases. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Fred, you may have that covered. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Is a new cue on the way?

Fred Agnir
09-23-2003, 09:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> Room for more cues? I'm shocked. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Fred &lt;~~~ needs more room <hr /></blockquote>
To have room for more cues, you first have to buy more cases. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Fred, you may have that covered. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Is a new cue on the way? <hr /></blockquote>

No, not yet. I don't know what's wrong with me.

Fred &lt;~~~ that's not right. I do know what's wrong with me. I'm nutz

Rich R.
09-23-2003, 09:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr>
No, not yet. I don't know what's wrong with me. <hr /></blockquote>
You surprised me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
I thought for sure, the order would have been placed by now. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

09-23-2003, 10:18 AM

Fred Agnir
09-23-2003, 10:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote whitewolf:</font><hr> Was there anyone who decided to come down after knowing that Isabell was going to hit?!! These people would have to be real pool finatics. <hr /></blockquote> Our plans were to drive down on Friday morning from New England, and that's what we did.

In Massachusetts, there were times I couldn't see the road. In Ct., it was down to a drizzle if that. By the time New York was in view, you couldn't ask for a more perfect driving day. The sun was out, the sky was bright and blue, it was 75 degrees. Never hit any traffic, and didn't see any hint of a hurricane until southern Delaware.

Fred

Mr Ingrate
09-23-2003, 11:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote whitewolf:</font><hr>
Was there anyone who decided to come down after knowing that Isabell was going to hit?!! These people would have to be real pool finatics. <hr /></blockquote>

Yep,

We were scheduled to fly in Thursday evening, but I change our plans so we arrived on Wednesday evening, in time for the hurricane.

Inside Pool magazine was at the CCB tournament taking pictures. Just another bit of great work by our man Tom-in Cincy/Sacramento.

Eric.
09-23-2003, 11:13 AM
You.

Who the hell makes plans to get there BEFORE the hurricane(just to make sure you can be there)? /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Eric &gt;must be the Molson's

Rich R.
09-23-2003, 11:49 AM
Our plans were to travel Wednesday morning.

I got up, checked several web pages and news channels. I also called the hotel to make sure they would be open, when we got there.

Everything checked out and we were on the road by 6 am.

We weren't going to let no darn hurricane get the best of us. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

09-23-2003, 03:32 PM

9 Ball Girl
09-24-2003, 01:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote whitewolf:</font><hr> Fred, to you and the brave others, I congratulate you again about driving down there to make Kato's win more difficult. Something tells me you guys were so blitzed that you didn't even see a hurricane, just strong winds with a little bit of water. Again, completely amazing!! I feel like a whimp. <hr /></blockquote>Blitzed is not even the word! Just ask the partyers up in room 617 and the ones that came over from room 602! All I know is that I woke up on Friday morning with a hangover, staggered over to my hotel, and surveyed the damage that was done. It's all in the fingers!

Wendy~~~I was a good girl, I promise! Just ask Gene! Oh wait, don't ask Gene! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif