PDA

View Full Version : Couple 9 ball rules questions

UTAddb
09-21-2003, 05:36 PM
1. My opponent breaks and sends the CB flying off the table-doesn't touch the rack. I then break and roll out to a jump shot. He passes it back and I make the jump shot then hook him. He fouls. Is this his 2nd consecutive foul? The TD said it was so I 3 fouled him after that.
2. I was watching a friend and his opponent miscues on the break, also not touching any balls. My friend inisted the had ball in hand anywhere on the table. He would barely touch the 1 ball, come off a rail and send the CB back into the rack until he 3 fouled him. I thought that a miscue on the break is an illegal break, meaning your opponent gets to break from behind the string. Which is right?

marek
09-22-2003, 04:24 AM
Foul on the break shot is counted as 1st foul in the 3-foul rule. After the foul (miscue included) on the break you have ball in hand (just like after any other foul in 9ball).
Hope this will help.
Marek

RedHell
09-22-2003, 08:10 AM
After you rolled-out to a jump shot, wich I understand as you called a push shot, your opponent wasn't allowed to pass, because you weren't allowed to push-out.

Push out is only on the first shot after the break, even if you took your ball in hand and break, you were no more allowed to push out.

UTAddb
09-23-2003, 12:26 AM
That's interesting, I never thought about that and apparently either did my opponent or TD

Fred Agnir
09-23-2003, 08:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote UTAddb:</font><hr> 1. My opponent breaks and sends the CB flying off the table-doesn't touch the rack. I then break and roll out to a jump shot. <hr /></blockquote>

In the game of 9-ball, you fouled. When your opponent miscued the cueball off the table, you had ball-in-hand anywhere on the table. The fact that you busted them wide open doesn't mean anything other than you hit them. No push shot is allowed. Rule 5.4.2.

Fred