PDA

View Full Version : Jump cue question.

Arx
09-22-2003, 12:26 AM
What is your choice - to have a B/J or seperate breaker and jumper? I have a budget around 300.- USD.

BR,

Arx

Sid_Vicious
09-22-2003, 07:23 AM
Arx...I never believed that break/jump cue was any good for both until I found one recently that is special in both camps. I own several BJ cues and none work worth a flip for jumping, yet the Jerico brand of BJ cue is THE one to own. Maybe there's others as well, but this is the first one I've found that is killer in both modes...sid

bolo
09-22-2003, 09:37 AM
I have two separate cues. The jump half of the J/B is usually the problem, to heavy, to thin and to short. My jump cue is thicker, 44 inches, yet only weighs 8.5 ounces. My break cue is somewhat special as well. Don't get something just for the connivance, that is not a reason to get a J/B. You should only use any cue because you feel it is an asset to your game.

mickey2
09-23-2003, 12:10 AM
Get a Gulyassy Sledge Hammer, or an Oliver Stops Hammer. Both are excellent break cues and you can jump with them like with a real jumper. Their "secret" is the special ferrule with no leather tip!
Gulyassy costs around 350 $ and Oliver stops around 200

Ralph S.
09-23-2003, 02:24 AM
Arx, I am not a big fan of the bj combination. I just dont feel they perform at all on the jump portion of the cue. Jump cues are very inexpensive and my honest opinion is for the jump cue as its own and the same with the break cue. JMHO.

Fred Agnir
09-23-2003, 08:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Arx:</font><hr> What is your choice - to have a B/J or seperate breaker and jumper? I have a budget around 300.- USD.

BR,

Arx <hr /></blockquote>There are a couple of B/J combos that work well. There are several that don't. Choose one that works well.

Fred

Iowashark
09-23-2003, 09:08 AM
In my own personal experience I have found the Bungee B/J performs well on both spectrums. Well, actually a little better on the jump than the break.

But I'm going to have to agree with the majority here, if you want optimum performance you might want to get a cue designed for a specific purpose. Seperate jumpers will jump better than the b/j combo, and seperate breakers will break better than the b/j combo. Though I've tried the Bungee b/j, I'll stick with my Bungee jumper and avoid the combo. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ceebee
09-23-2003, 12:11 PM
I prefer the Break Cue plus a Jump Cue setup. There's an old saying, "to do a job well, you have to have the right tools to do it with". Most, if not all, JUMP-BREAK CUES don't offer a long enough Jump Cue. 41" is app'x length... Auerbach Custom Cues offers 44-46 inch long Jump Cue, it's actually a Custom made little Pool Cue. I can jump a full ball, within the distance of a ball, with my Jump Cue. BCA Rules allow 3 cues, there must be something behind that ruling.

Arx
09-24-2003, 01:23 AM
Many thanks to you all for advice