PDA

View Full Version : CCB Tournament - My story

Brian in VA
09-22-2003, 10:22 AM
Hi all,

I had to split immediately after round robin play and get back to my wife and girls in Richmond; they were still witnout power and water. Kato and Anonymous Ed were about to play off for the title.

Socrates, JMD and I waited around Q-masters until about 1:00 p.m. when the staff alleged they had power from a generator hooked up. They did but it kept crashing about every 15 minutes until they turned off the AC. At that point it stayed on for anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes which was long enough for the rest of the gang to get there, print up the charts and score sheets and get the tourney started, shortly after 3.

Many thanks to Mr. Ingrate and his bride for putting together such a great format. It was a gas to get to play with everyone for a few games. And with that power issue, talk about shots in the dark! As the day wore on, the room got hotter. Not the action mind you, just the room. Felt like we were playing outside in Manila during the rainy season! Everyone stayed as focused as they could, all things considered.

9 Ball Girl and Kato handed out prizes during the tournament; I was fortunate enough to catch a tip tool, an Accustats tape and a year's subscription to Inside Pool. (I don't remember anyone getting my address. PM me if you need it.)

It was terrific to put names with faces and personalities. Dinner on Friday nite was great at the Steak House and I enjoyed sweating a few matches with several of you.

Many thanks to those of you who had me for a partner during the tourney. I'm sure your backs are all sore from carrying me around the table! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

So who's got game? Well, let's see. Spike has got some, can't wait to watch him grow over the years. His mom, Heide, can dead solid shoot and plays terrific position (at least she did as my partner!) Chris Cass has a sweet stroke. Kato is deadly with his Omen and his motivating skills are top notch. Socrates has a beautiful game except when Kato was mispronouncing his name (think Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure). I didn't see Phil miss a single ball. Mike M's cue case is bigger than my golf bag and his game is bigger than mine, too. I know I'm missing a few that I watched or played with but the afternoon is a blur. Everyone's game is overshadowed by their friendly attitude and love for this great game. Thanks to everyone for making me feel like a member of this unique community!

Brian

Wally_in_Cincy
09-22-2003, 11:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Brian in VA:</font><hr>.....Anonymous Ed.....

<hr /></blockquote>

Who's that?

Thanks for the report.

Anonamus
09-22-2003, 11:22 AM
Quote Brian in VA:
-----------------------------------------------------------
.....Anonymous Ed.....
Who's that?
That would be me. Since people have met me I am no longer anonamus, so I gave my first name.