PDA

View Full Version : We made it!

Karatemom
09-22-2003, 11:32 AM
WOW! What a week! Don't remember the last time I had such a great time! The weather was wonderful, but Kato doesn't have a clue what "no humidity" means! LOL.

The hurricane was a bit scary at first, but it really wasn't that bad for us who stayed at the hotel. The power went out around 3 that afternoon, but they got it back up around 9:30 that evening with a generator. So to pass the time, Rich R., Cathy, Dave, Joanna, Chris, Spike, and I were joined by Steve Lipsky and sat out in the hallway chatting for hours. The worst part was really the next day when we figured out that we couldn't do much because no one had power but us! LOL

The CCB dinner and tourney was a blast! This was the real reason I went down and glad I did. The tourney was hot, humid, and a lot of fun! Don't listen to Brian, I played like a dog! I believe Tom coined me "combo-mama" LOL. Made a couple of nice shots, but didn't play like I could have. Don't know that anyone under those conditions could play their best though! LOL.

Meeting everyone was the highlight of my trip! I didn't think Fred would remember me from a year ago last May, but he did! Cathy and Joanna have to be 2 of the sweetest women on the face of the earth. I had a blast playing with Brian and Josh!

This was a trip well worth remembering. I did take a few pics with the video camera. I got the hurricane, of course, and Spike with Buddy Hall, and got a few CCB'ers on there, too. I will attempt to post them soon after my laundry is done, which might take a while, LOL.

There is so much to tell, and I'm a horrible writer, LOL. Wanted to let everyone know that we finally made it home and this is a memory I will never forget!

Thanks everyone!

Heide

Steve Lipsky
09-22-2003, 12:08 PM
Heide,

It was amazing meeting you, the kid, and the hubby. You are such a warm family... I felt like I knew you all for years the minute I met you! Also, Spike (is this a new nickname for him?) is about the most well-mannered kid I've ever met. One night I ran into him getting a snack from the downstairs vending machine, and on the way up the elevator, he literally held the door open for every exiting woman. It was really sweet /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif. He's really some kid.

Meeting and spending time with everyone (Brian from VA, Rich R and wife, Phil in SoFla, 9BallGirl, Kato, Cueball1950, DoomCue, the family Cass, and others that I am sure I am forgetting) made the tournament for me. I also want to thank everyone for supporting me during my matches. Even though I was not at all happy with how I played (more on that in another post) it was great to know you were all sweatin' me!

I also want to apologize for not being around over the weekend. So sick about our respective tournaments, Nicky and I just took off immediately after my last match on Friday night. We didn't want to be near that convention center one minute longer. So, again, sorry to those of you who I did not have a chance to say goodbye to.

Anyway, can't wait till next year! And who's coming to Vegas?? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

- Steve

cueball1950
09-22-2003, 12:09 PM
Glad to see you and The First family made it back safely. It was a real genuine pleasure to meet you and the family. Sorry i had to leave so early, but i know you understand. Hopefully next year you will be able to make it again to the Open. So who won the tournament and all the prizes? You and Chris will be in my thoughts and prayers always...mike

Brian in VA
09-22-2003, 01:07 PM
Heide,
So glad you made it home! If you were playing bad (weren't we all?!) I'd take you for a partner any time, any place. Even against Kato & 9 Ball Girl! LOL!
Ditto what Steve said about Christ, what a great kid! Hope we didn't corrupt him too much!

Regards,
Brian

PQQLK9
09-22-2003, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the report Heide. I cancelled my reservations because my wife is not as much a dare-devil as I am. I really wanted to be there to meet everybody.
Tell Chris that I am still his Dawg /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

Karatemom
09-22-2003, 01:37 PM
Hi Steve. The feeling is mutual. Just wish Gina-Kim could have been there. Would have loved to have met her.

I thought you played well. We were all rooting for you. BTW, I will get that tape made ASAP.

Spike has been his nickname since we walked into our local ph one day and he had his hair spiked up like Gene's. It just stuck, LOL. I'm thrilled that he made such an impression on you and everyone, but I wish he'd keep that composure and attitude 24-7, hahahahaha. Honestly, I agree that he is a good kid and am proud that I can call him mine, hahahahaha.

Have been to the store and now off to the ph! Just didn't get to hit enough balls down in VA, LOL.

Take care,

Heide

Karatemom
09-22-2003, 01:41 PM
Hi Mike! The trip home was very uneventful, unlike Wendy's I'm sure, LOL. I hope all is well back home with you and yours. I hope we do get to go back next year (something tells me that we will /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif). I won't spill the beans about who won what. Someone, I'm not sure if it is Wendy or Tom is supposed to post the results of the CCB tourney - who won what and who placed where. I can tell you that we walked away with 3 Accu-Stat tapes from Ross (thank you again so much), and the Saratoga mug that you brought. Had to put it in my carry on so it wouldn't get broke on the way home!

Take care

Heide

Karatemom
09-22-2003, 01:43 PM
I had so much fun playing with you and Josh! Besides, Kato and Wendy have nothing on us! hahahahahahahaha.

Christ - corrupted? Nah, he's been corrupted since birth!

Heide

Karatemom
09-22-2003, 01:48 PM
I don't blame her a bit. I don't know how in the heck Dave made it there on Thursday. We did manage to go to Q Masters Thursday but they were closed and it hadn't gotten real bad yet. But after that, it was the hotel the rest of the day. We will most likely be going again next year and from the looks of it, we will definitely be in St. Charles in October, and most likely Valley forget whenever that is. Chris has decided that all 3 of us are playing in it! He's such a good decision-maker, LOL. If things go alright, Vegas is even a possibility for next year as well. So sometime within the next year, we will all definitely get together again.

Heide

L.S. Dennis
09-22-2003, 01:58 PM
Are there plans to do this same sort of thing for the Mosconi Cup in Las Vegas this December?

Karatemom
09-22-2003, 02:02 PM
I don't think we'll be able to swing Vegas this winter. With the Billiard Expo in October, then VF and Derby City coming up, then the Nationals in May, things will be pretty tight here. But I expect to hear all about it! LOL

Heide

Barbara
09-22-2003, 02:17 PM
Heidi,

If you plan on playing in the women's event at VF, sign up as soon as you can or even call Dawn or Allen with the phone number listed on the www.superbilliardsexpo.com (http://www.superbilliardsexpo.com) site. That's the only event that's cut off at 128 players.

CC and Spike won't have this problem.

Barbara~~~has a feisty orange cat named Spike...

cycopath
09-22-2003, 02:28 PM
I was kinda curious if CC was gonna give us a report of his matches. I mean you can see the results but that doesn't tell you what happened in the match. Did he feel like he got some bad rolls, or did his opponents just get really great rolls?

Karatemom
09-22-2003, 03:08 PM
I can tell you what I think, but I think you'd get a better perspective from Chris. I don't think he was physically ready for this tournament, but he played as well as he could under the circumstances. I'm going to let him answer that one for himself but I can surely say that he will be back next year to kick some major butt!

Heide

Karatemom
09-22-2003, 03:11 PM
Hey, thanks! I'm not so sure I'm ready for that. I have no idea what to expect. I do like the idea of it just being for a weekend, that way I don't miss so much work! LOL. How do I find out entry fees, hotel rates, etc? Or should I stop acting blonde and go look at the website again? hahahahaha

Heide

Barbara
09-22-2003, 03:31 PM
Go look at the website, Blondie!!!

Barbara~~~used to be a blonde...

SPetty
09-22-2003, 03:40 PM
Chris Cass is my hero. 'nuf said.

Barbara
09-22-2003, 04:12 PM
When his game comes back 100%, WATCH OUT!!!!

Barbara~~~looking to sweat his matches (hopefully) in Valley Forge...

MikeM
09-22-2003, 10:27 PM
One of the highlights of my weekend was teaming up with CC for a couple of games.

Mike

Ralph S.
09-23-2003, 02:05 AM
It is good to see that all who were able to attend had a great time as well as a safe journey back home. Wish I could've been there with ya'll.

Rich R.
09-23-2003, 04:17 AM
I'm happy to hear you made it home all right. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It was great meeting you, Chris, Spike and all the other CCB'ers. We will never forget the "Isabelle" CCB Tournament. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I only wish we had a little more opportunity to play, under good conditions. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Eric.
09-23-2003, 08:53 AM
Heide,

Finally meeting you, Chris, Christ and everyone else is what it's all about! Hell, if it weren't for the chance to hang with friends, I'd stay home and buy the video.

Eric >enjoyed it