PDA

View Full Version : Oh, the poor Texas Democratic Legislators!!!

eg8r
09-22-2003, 01:25 PM
If you remember, the Dems in Texas once again fled the state in an effort against the State re-drawing the Congressional boundaries. It appears the Republicans have set fines on these people and other penalties for leaving.

Here is a quote from one Democrat, it almost made me cry... <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Spineless TX Dem Legislator Gonzalo Barrientos:</font><hr>"I'm tired of being dropped off at the front steps (of the Capitol) every morning like an orphan," he said, referring to sanctions imposed on the Democrats. One of the penalties deprived the lawmakers of their parking spaces on the Capitol grounds. <hr /></blockquote> Seems to me, he did not mind acting like an orphan as he ran away as quick as possible when it was time to do his job.

I just wonder how awful it must be to have the luxury of someone willing to chauffeur him around, just so his lazy butt does not have to walk.

The rest of the article.... (http://news.mysanantonio.com/story.cfm?xla=saen&amp;xlb=180&amp;xlc=1056514)

eg8r

Aboo
09-22-2003, 01:43 PM
How long would you last at your job if you "dissappeared" every time your boss asked you to do something? :P But, isn't that the way Government works? Come on Qtec, you know you want to tell us! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r
09-22-2003, 02:58 PM
LOL, I am sure he thinks those actions are just fine.

eg8r

Qtec
09-22-2003, 11:18 PM
Aboo, from my understanding,its the the Reps that have been behaving badly.Its an assault on Democracy.

Correct me if i am wrong, but isnt it all about how they want to redraw the boundaries so that the Reps gain and the Dems lose?
Its a case of, "If you cant beat them, change the rules!'

Q [ nothing surprises me anymore about Texas ]

Ward
09-23-2003, 06:34 AM
Q

You are right. If they spend time (3 Special Sessions) they won't have to address why I it cost me $530. per month for Health Insurance, why we pay the highest Home Owerners Insurance rates in the Nation, and why we have a $10 billion dollar deficit..

I think it is called smoke &amp; mirrors.... GW left us with a pretty big deficit. Oh wait, that's what he is doing to the rest of the county now....

When this is passed the lawsuits will begin, I think the boundries will be redrawn by a Federal Court....

Later

Sid_Vicious
09-23-2003, 07:08 AM
"I think it is called smoke &amp; mirrors.... GW left us with a pretty big deficit. Oh wait, that's what he is doing to the rest of the county now...."

Ain't that the truth!!!sid

eg8r
09-23-2003, 07:30 AM
Q I am sorry but you are dead wrong. Go back through you search engine some years back to the last redraw of the boundaries. If you do, you will see the Dems redrew the lines back then to help them tremendously. What the reps want to do, is put the lines back where they were.

Now, since Ward and Sid have no memories at all, I will ask them to do the same. Don't come on here and post some crap about your high taxes, blah blah blah. Reason I don't care, is that everyone else is in the same boat. How about this....Since you side with the left so much, and GW is so bad, how about you bring in Howard Dean. He sure would balance your budget alright, but we would almost be able to hear your cries through the net when you get your tax bill.

I don't think you know what you want. Now Ward is crying his big alligator tears about how high his taxes are, and Sid is agreeing. Heck Sid, moaned when he got a tax break. That was not even enough for him, so we know where he sits. As far as Ward, if your taxes are so high right now, where do you think they will be if someone was to come in right away and solve your state debt????? Just answer that question without adding in a BUT.

I am not suggesting, to keep the debt, but what are they supposed to do, when you are crying about everything. You cannot have low taxes if you want everything balanced. Reason being are those special programs to help out all the "un-priveleged" children, special programs for those without jobs (I am not referring to those laid off because of corporate downsizing), special programs for all those wonderful art people who want to express themselves instead of going out and getting a real job.

This is not about Bush, Perry or whoever you think would do a better job. It is all about government being too big. There is no reason why the government should be controlling people's retirement accounts, healthcare, etc. These are things that for the most part come under the heading of self-responsibility.

eg8r

eg8r
09-23-2003, 08:13 AM
What is "smoke and mirrors" about a person running from his job. Nice job diverting from the subject matter. This is not about your high healthcare or home owners insurance, sorry it is not all about you.

The subject matter is about a bunch of goons who are not going to get their way, so they decided to just hide. Now the coward is complaining because he was punished and he does not like being dropped off. SORRY!!!!!!!!!!! Cry me a river mister legislator. If he was not a coward and just went to work and did his job, he would not have a $57k penalty and he would still have his precious little parking spot.

eg8r

Ward
09-23-2003, 09:54 AM
Ed

Read my post. I am bemoaning the wasted effort on redistricting, high cost of Home Owners Ins, High Cost of Health Care... I don't see taxes in my reply...

The Republicans hold every elected office in the state, if they are so right why do they care about redrawing the boundries, everyone should vote for them anyway.

Please read my post and limit your bashing to at least the content of my reply..

Later

Ward
09-23-2003, 10:00 AM
Ed

This bunch wants to focus on the mundane instead of addressing the problems of this state. This is simply the will of Tom Delay and his D.C. bunch....

They can do as they wish, the lawyers will make a bunch of money from this issue.

Later

Ward
09-23-2003, 10:03 AM
Ed

I had to reply to your "Govt to big" issue. The only jobs this administration has created is more govt jobs.LOL

Later

eg8r
09-23-2003, 10:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Please read my post and limit your bashing to at least the content of my reply..
<hr /></blockquote> Ward you are right. I got caught up in the majority of your posts and attached this one to them. Since the reply was not totally that far off from the rest of your replies I sort of treated them the same. Please accept my apologies.

eg8r

eg8r
09-23-2003, 10:13 AM
There is no doubt, GW is not totally conservative. Or, he is not ready to stand up to the Dems. In either case, you are right, he is continuing to grow the government and I do not agree with it.

eg8r

Ward
09-23-2003, 10:48 AM
Ed

We agree on something. Damm that's a scary thought...LOL

Later

eg8r
09-23-2003, 12:59 PM
We agree that the government is too big, and Bush is spending a lot of money. Yup, scary. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

One way to reduce the size of government would be to abolish the IRS, abolish Social Security, and abolish welfare. These 3 programs/agencies cost us a fortune every year and would definintely help reduce our deficit if they were gone. If the money being poured into these 3 programs was reallocated to some of the other programs, we would not be over-running. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Cueless Joey
09-23-2003, 01:17 PM
I agree.
Here in California, the Golden Toilet, we spend too much money on public programs. We spend a ton of money on prisoners. We can't shoot them so we house them. I think we should open prisons in Mexico. Cheaper labor there and cheaper property. But, it'll be unconstitutional. Even if we only send Mexican nationals to those prisons.
It only takes 48 hours to be here in Cali and start getting welfare checks. Great program.
There's this city here called Glendale. Glendale is known for grocery shoppers on BMW's with FOOD STAMPS!
Oh yeah, the government of California is broke. So what did I get as a govt. employee this year? A 5% raise and a 3% COLA.