PDA

View Full Version : My letter to the U.S. Open

Kato
09-22-2003, 10:23 PM
I've been thinking about this all night and all day and I hope I've come up with something worth reading.

To Whom It May Concern:

Barry Berhman: Thank you so very much for working as hard as you did and baring your soul in front of everyone in the Convention Center. Thank you for not buckling.

The Holiday Inn: Thank you for making our stay comfortable and going out of your may to making sure we were so comfortable. One question. Why did you break up the great party on the 6th floor?

To Hurricane Isabel: Bitch

To the Pros: Thanks for showing up and not backing down from Barry's problems and the weather.

To Mr. Ingrate: Thank you for your work at the CCB tournament. Joanne, you rule!!!!!!!! To anyone that hasn't met Dave's wife Joanne, you don't know what you're missing. A more wonderful woman in the world there is not.

To RichR: Thanks for the pics buddy. Cathy, it's always wonderful to see you. You hold a very special place in my heart.

To the Cass Family: I love you guys. You are the best. I mean this with all my heart. Thank you so much for the memories. Because of you this was the most special time of my life.

To the sponsors of the CCB tournament: I flat out kicked A$$!!!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I've never won a thing in my life and to walk out of there with a trophy, a new cue, a subscription to Inside Pool, an Ultimate Tip Tool, and 2 Accustats vids is beyond comprehension. What a special day.

To my buddies on the CCB, new and old: Thanks for putting up with me. I have a sty in my eye and was in a lot of discomfort the whole week which I basically wore me out and made me a bit of an anti-social.

To MikeM and WesK: Thanks for showing. Always a welcome sight. Wes, you haven't skipped a beat and you're still the funniest guy on the planet.

I had a great time meeting Josh and Brian in VA. You guys really do it the right way.

To my new buddy Socrates. Steve, thanks for sitting with me for those days. I really had a great time listening to your viewpoint about things and seeing things from a different perspective is always a good thing.

To my travel buddies: Phil, Mean Gene, and Frank. We really did have a lot of fun. A great time.

To Trammy: (sigh) Sometimes it's hard to put into words what you'd like to say for whatever reason or another. Thank you for the smiles. Thank you for your friendship. Thanks for being you.

To Wendy: I'm sorry I wasn't around for you more. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif I want to make sure you know I think you're wonderful. I probably spread myself too thin. At least you got my jacket out of the deal /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

To Tom Cincy (Sactown Tom): As the Big Kahuna of the board you are definitely the man and thank you for all of your efforts for the tournament.

To Q-Masters: Thanks for trying.

To Heather the Ring Card Girl: I love you /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif (trying to follow in Fred Agnir's footsteps /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif)

Sincerely

Kato

Wally_in_Cincy
09-23-2003, 06:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr>

.....I've never won a thing in my life and to walk out of there with a trophy, a new cue, a subscription to Inside Pool, an Ultimate Tip Tool, and 2 Accustats vids is beyond comprehension......

<hr /></blockquote>

I hate you.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Brian in VA
09-23-2003, 06:57 AM
Kato writes: "...made me a bit of an anti-social."

Wow! We might never survive if we caught you during an up week!!! LOL!

Just kidding buddy! It was great to finally meet someone whose love for life and the game meets and exceeds my own. Looking forward to many more games with and against you.

Brian

wolfdancer
09-23-2003, 09:59 AM
nice post!!!! congrats on winning the cue...and second(?) in the tournament.sounds like you had a great time, in spite of the weather related problems....
Lots of nice people, having a good time.....great story

JMD in VA
09-23-2003, 10:13 AM
Kato:

Thanks for the kind words! I concure with Brian, you were flying around there having a ball. And I mean flying, I saw what you were drinking. I had a "gator" as well. You were great. I had a great time meeting everyone. You were a highlight! If we have a good time and laugh thats enough for me in a tournament like that! Thanks again to all who participated and organized. I will post pics of new ball display case so you can see "a few" of the signatures I have gotten over the years. Take care. Good shooting with that new cue you lucky ............ guy!

Good Shooting,
JMD in VA

Voodoo Daddy
09-23-2003, 11:03 AM
See folks, here's a guy that dont give himself enough credit. He called me from the Open and said "Everyone asked for you this week which says your the man and I'm not"...apparently KATO, you just dont know what an impact you make on people...read these posts and get back to me.

Meanwhile, I hope all had fun while I worked...HAHAHAHAHA

pooldaddy9
09-23-2003, 09:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> I've been thinking about this all night and all day and I hope I've come up with something worth reading.

To Whom It May Concern:

Barry Berhman: Thank you so very much for working as hard as you did and baring your soul in front of everyone in the Convention Center. Thank you for not buckling.

The Holiday Inn: Thank you for making our stay comfortable and going out of your may to making sure we were so comfortable. One question. Why did you break up the great party on the 6th floor?

To Hurricane Isabel: Bitch

To the Pros: Thanks for showing up and not backing down from Barry's problems and the weather.

To Mr. Ingrate: Thank you for your work at the CCB tournament. Joanne, you rule!!!!!!!! To anyone that hasn't met Dave's wife Joanne, you don't know what you're missing. A more wonderful woman in the world there is not.

To RichR: Thanks for the pics buddy. Cathy, it's always wonderful to see you. You hold a very special place in my heart.

To the Cass Family: I love you guys. You are the best. I mean this with all my heart. Thank you so much for the memories. Because of you this was the most special time of my life.

To the sponsors of the CCB tournament: I flat out kicked A$$!!!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I've never won a thing in my life and to walk out of there with a trophy, a new cue, a subscription to Inside Pool, an Ultimate Tip Tool, and 2 Accustats vids is beyond comprehension. What a special day.

To my buddies on the CCB, new and old: Thanks for putting up with me. I have a sty in my eye and was in a lot of discomfort the whole week which I basically wore me out and made me a bit of an anti-social.

To MikeM and WesK: Thanks for showing. Always a welcome sight. Wes, you haven't skipped a beat and you're still the funniest guy on the planet.

I had a great time meeting Josh and Brian in VA. You guys really do it the right way.

To my new buddy Socrates. Steve, thanks for sitting with me for those days. I really had a great time listening to your viewpoint about things and seeing things from a different perspective is always a good thing.

To my travel buddies: Phil, Mean Gene, and Frank. We really did have a lot of fun. A great time.

To Trammy: (sigh) Sometimes it's hard to put into words what you'd like to say for whatever reason or another. Thank you for the smiles. Thank you for your friendship. Thanks for being you.

To Wendy: I'm sorry I wasn't around for you more. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif I want to make sure you know I think you're wonderful. I probably spread myself too thin. At least you got my jacket out of the deal /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

To Tom Cincy (Sactown Tom): As the Big Kahuna of the board you are definitely the man and thank you for all of your efforts for the tournament.

To Q-Masters: Thanks for trying.

To Heather the Ring Card Girl: I love you /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif (trying to follow in Fred Agnir's footsteps /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif)

Sincerely

Kato <hr /></blockquote>

Sure, thank everybody but the one who gave it to you. And even though, I still had one of the best times I've had in a really long time. It was so great meeting everyone. (when I could see them) I missed out on so many prizes, cause I didn't know what was going on, but I will know next time. For all yall I won prizes for, don't forget to send me copys.
Sorry I didn't get to spend more time with everybody but so glad to be a part of a really good crowd. Can't wait for next year. I'm already working on another door prize.
thanks for the fun - Joel - pooldaddy9 /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato
09-23-2003, 09:24 PM
Pooldaddy, that was a beautiful cueball rack. You handmade that? It was gorgeous. Josh was super-pumped about that puppy.

Kato

cueball1950
09-23-2003, 09:27 PM
kato....Nice post. was glad to see you again. enjoy the cue and trophy. But next year i am gonna come a gunnin for ya...lol...Glad to hear you made it back safe and well...see ya next year..........................mike

Rod
09-23-2003, 09:39 PM
I figure if I just bought you a couple of beers, it should change my luck big time. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I'm glad you were so fortunate and everyone had such a great time.

rod

Tom_In_Cincy
09-23-2003, 10:18 PM
Nice Post... and in my best attempt of a WesK post...

DITTO

9 Ball Girl
09-24-2003, 12:42 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> To Wendy: I'm sorry I wasn't around for you more. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif I want to make sure you know I think you're wonderful. I probably spread myself too thin. At least you got my jacket out of the deal /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gifKato <hr /></blockquote>

Oh not to worry. As I'm sure you know, Mean Gene stepped up to the plate...

Hope your sty is better. I didn't know.