PDA

View Full Version : Awesome looking cue on Ebay

anarchist
09-23-2003, 06:31 AM
Hello, I read this forum pretty often but have never posted before. It seems that people are pretty knowledgeable on this site. Anyways, I have a slight question. There is this cue on Ebay, a Alex Brick that looks really neat.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3628015503&category=21 212

It has something called reverse points. I have never seen a cue with this make before. Curious if anyone has seen a cue like this and if Alex Brick is a good cuemaker. Just wanted to know before I waste money with a bid.

PQQLK9
09-23-2003, 06:55 AM
yer kidding ...right???

Popcorn
09-23-2003, 09:33 AM
I hate when they expect someone to pay a lot of money for something and can't even take a decent picture of the item.
http://home.midsouth.rr.com/ynnek/frames.htm

Aboo
09-23-2003, 10:21 AM
Looks like he does some pretty work. Didn't see a pic of that Ebay cue on that site though Popcorn /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif That's what I was expecting hehe

tateuts
09-23-2003, 10:45 AM
I've always liked the curly maple handle treatment but I personally like to see some contrast between the forearm materials and the points, or lacking that at least veneers setting off the design - otherwise, why even bother to splice it? This "invisible" points thing is probably just a special order that didn't come off that well.

I have not played with a Brick but he is a well known maker with a good rep and the slogan "hits like a Brick". I had heard he stopped making cues but I guess that's wrong.

Chris

Tommy_Davidson
09-23-2003, 02:04 PM
> I know Alex fairly well,and from what I am told he is not making cues at the moment. He moved to Nashville from Memphis about a year ago,and is said to be doing inlay work for some furniture company,but still has all of his equipment. Back when Alex was still playing regularly,he was a diehard Kersenbrock/Southwest user,and his cues reflect that influence. His shafts and butts were all tapered identically to his favorite Kersenbrock,with the 3/8-10 pin. The hit is quite stiff,and very high quality for no longer than he was making cues. They are quite popular in Memphis and the surrounding area,so if you buy it,you will not be disappointed. Tommy D.

Rod
09-23-2003, 02:29 PM
I hate that also. People have no clue what the potential of a good picture can be. Me, I'll pass, if I can't see it i'm not going to bid. I don't think a lot of people on ebay has a clue about presentation or retail sales.