PDA

View Full Version : How to Cook the perfect grilled cheese sandwich

nAz
09-23-2003, 02:31 PM
My lunch for today... came out pretty good too.

the secret is getting the temperature low enough. You need wheat bread, or more accurately "wheat" bread, without all the seeds and crap on the top. Or, you can use white. Ok.

Then you need butter, small chunks on each of the four corners of each slice of bread. American cheese. If you like, Tabasco sauce. Heat up the frying pan over medium heat. After a couple of minutes, the pan will be hot. Take the pan off the stove while you put the first piece of bread in, buttered side down. Layer the cheese and the other piece of bread on immediately. Return to the stove. Flip when the cheese has melted enough to keep the sandwich together. Take your time with it, it'll take a few minutes.
I had it with a bowl of tomato soup

Cueless Joey
09-23-2003, 05:49 PM
I like my cheese sandwich to have a burger (two) between them. Topped with raw onions and thousand island.
Hmn, sounds like In n Out burger. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Vapros
09-24-2003, 02:24 PM
RUOK? That's what I fix when I'm feeling po'ly.

nAz
09-24-2003, 03:39 PM
tonight i will break in my new toster/broiler oven and make pita pizza /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
09-25-2003, 05:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> tonight i will break in my new toster/broiler oven and make pita pizza /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I was hoping we could discuss the perfect PB &amp; J soon.

That's Dubya's favorite you know /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

nAz
09-25-2003, 06:07 AM
Doh yes PB&amp;J good topic.
i like mine plane on wheat bread. i do not go for the slice Bananas thats just plane crazy. also i am nat crazy about toasting the bread.

nAz
09-25-2003, 06:09 AM
acually thats one of my favorite school lunches when i was a kid. emmm

stickman
09-26-2003, 10:04 PM
Naz, you left off the japaleno slices!

I sent my Sis a recipe for a chicken caserole the other day, and she wrote back "What no japalenos? HaHa" I eat hot and spicy things then wonder why my stomach hurts all the time. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif