PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for pictures.

Popcorn
09-23-2003, 04:55 PM
U S Open pictures, Please Please Please.

Jimmy B
09-23-2003, 09:39 PM
send me an e-mail and who you'd like to see I have some good ones. JB

Eric.
09-24-2003, 08:03 AM
Popcorn,

Rich R probably is the guy to talk to about pictures. He had his camera with him most of the time and if he's willing, may post them.

Also, for those curious voyeurs out there, there will be an article in Inside Pool magazine (November issue?) on the CCB thing with a group picture.

Eric >the ugly sweaty one on the right

Wally_in_Cincy
09-24-2003, 08:15 AM
What kind of cue ball is this?

http://www.insidepool.com/images/upload/KeithMcCreadyusopen57lead.jpg

9 Ball Girl
09-24-2003, 08:19 AM
They decided to use that cue ball on the TV table so that everyone can see the spin on the ball. Good eyes there Wally! I think that CB had 8 dots on it? I can't remember.

Also, I'll have some pictures too. I've got to get them developed and should have them on Friday.

Wendy~~~was wandering around looking for Wally /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Fred Agnir
09-24-2003, 08:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> They decided to use that cue ball on the TV table so that everyone can see the spin on the ball. Good eyes there Wally! I think that CB had 8 dots on it? I can't remember.<hr /></blockquote>
Six. They supposedly will be available on the Billard Club Network page. http://www.billiardclubnetwork.com

Fred &lt;~~~ needs one

Tom_In_Cincy
09-24-2003, 08:24 AM
Wally,
Missed ya...

The cue ball was used on the BCn TV table to allow the spectators to see the spin on the cue ball on each shot.

I don't remember any of the players using it having Positive comments...

Keith one said he must have hit the wrong "poka-dot" when he missed a shot and then everyone started calling it the "poka-dot cueball"

I did like this cue ball.. it showed the SPIN on all the shots the Pros made.... Efren puts spin on almost every shot.

Eric.
09-24-2003, 08:27 AM
Everyone beat me to the punch.

I believe Barry said it was made by Aramith.

Eric &gt;you coming next year?

Fred Agnir
09-24-2003, 08:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> I did like this cue ball.. it showed the SPIN on all the shots the Pros made.... Efren puts spin on almost every shot. <hr /></blockquote>
You could also see how the cueball picked up spin after contacting the object ball. Very interesting. But, you're right. Even on slow stop shots (near stop shots), Efren seemed to be putting spin on the ball. Must be that crappy stroke.

Fred &lt;~~~ or is it get-in english?

Wally_in_Cincy
09-24-2003, 08:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr>

....I don't remember any of the players using it having Positive comments...
<hr /></blockquote>

I can believe that. I remember playing at a friend's place and he was using an NFL logo cue ball. It was positively freakish seeing the spin on the CB, not really having seen it before.

later....

Rich R.
09-24-2003, 09:52 AM
I have a ton of pictures. At least I hope I do. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
I have just entered the realm of digital photography and, unfortunately, I am better with a camera, than I am with a computer. That is not to say I am good with a camera, but I'm even worse, with a computer. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

A friend has graciously offered to help me set up a web site, if I can ever get the necessary information to him. I have been a little busy, since arriving home on Monday, with a little Isabel clean up.
I hope to get him the information shortly and learn what is needed to get the pictures posted.

I hope they are worth the wait. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

TomBrooklyn
09-24-2003, 08:59 PM
Semith Segenir (sp?) uses a billard version of a similar style in his exhibitions.

Fred Agnir
09-25-2003, 05:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> Semith Segenir (sp?) uses a billard version of a similar style in his exhibitions. <hr /></blockquote> Aha! Now it all makes sense. BCN's Rob Sykora told us that the polka-dotted cueball idea was from a billiard ball. Now I know what billiard ball he was talking about, since regular billiard cueballs only have 1 dot if any.

Fred

nAz
09-25-2003, 05:53 AM
Fred I have come across older Billiard balls and a lot of the set had one ball that was not quite yellow and had two dots on them, I guess it was to tell it a part from the white one.

Sally
09-25-2003, 12:33 PM
We've got a big image gallery on our website if you'd like to see some excellent U.S. Open pictures that JR took. And the CCB event will be in our November issue.

BCn
09-25-2003, 02:15 PM
The idea for the spotted cue ball was presented to us before the event started. Initially, we weren't sure how it would be received or look on TV.

We discussed the use of the ball (a top quality product, made by Saluc) with each player who agreed to use it during the taped matches. Only one player had complaints, after he lost his match. Those complaints, which we have on tape, were not because of the spots. He questioned the integrity of the ball itself, which is not an issue.

The ball looks great on TV and will show the viewer the action or spin the player uses.

Bottomline, it's a great idea and it will be a very useful tool in all future TV matches. Thank you Pat Fleming.

Mark my words. ESPN and or Matchroom will be using the same ball after they see the results, on pay-per-view.

Fred Agnir
09-25-2003, 02:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BCn:</font><hr> Mark my words. ESPN and or Matchroom will be using the same ball after they see the results, on pay-per-view.
<hr /></blockquote>
Words marked. Now, when will they be available so I can get my paws on one?

Fred &lt;~~~ might buy a pool/billiard related product

Kato
09-25-2003, 02:49 PM
Fred is saying his nightly prayers.

"I wish I may, I wish I might, buy that polka-dot ball I saw last night"

Kato~~~still waiting for Fred's assesement of the "Limb-saver" and should I run out and buy one for each of my 5 cues and the one I'm ordering?

Wally_in_Cincy
09-26-2003, 07:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr>.....Now, when will they be available so I can get my paws on one? <hr /></blockquote>

Right about the same time the metal-flake-imbedded cue ball for the Valley table is available.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

9 Ball Girl
09-26-2003, 08:06 AM
I've got pictures! I'll post some up later tonight when I'm home and not at work. If any of you CCBers who were there don't want to have your picture seen, give me a holler.

Rich R.
09-26-2003, 08:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> I've got pictures! I'll post some up later tonight when I'm home and not at work. If any of you CCBers who were there don't want to have your picture seen, give me a holler.
<hr /></blockquote>
Don't show mine. I don't want my wife to know I was there. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

9 Ball Girl
09-26-2003, 08:46 AM
LOL You got it.

Eric.
09-26-2003, 08:46 AM
Then again, do you know what Cathy was doing ALL weekend?? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Eric

09-26-2003, 10:37 AM

Eric.
09-26-2003, 11:14 AM
Hey Whitewolf,

I mentioned it on a previous thread.

I'll be in your neighborhood the end of Oct. I'm thinking about playing in a Falcon Tour stop @ Orange Billirads, will you be playing? For that matter, if you want, we can play some too. Actually, me being an SL5 makes you higher rated, but I'd be willing to play some even...

Eric

Karatemom
09-26-2003, 11:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> Then again, do you know what Cathy was doing ALL weekend?? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Eric <hr /></blockquote>I do, she was keeping the rest of us in line, LOL. I don't know how she did such a good job with the CCB tourney under those conditions. She held up better than the rest of us.

Heide ~ wishing Cathy were here now to organize all this crap I've got, LOL

Kato
09-26-2003, 01:53 PM
I need Cathy to come down to Ft Lauderdale and organize my entire life for me. Something tells me I wouldn't be able to afford her though. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Kato~~~knows good help ain't cheap.

Keith Talent
09-26-2003, 02:17 PM
With that spotted cb, you could hit a mean measles masse, eh?

Rich R.
09-27-2003, 09:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> I need Cathy to come down to Ft Lauderdale and organize my entire life for me. Something tells me I wouldn't be able to afford her though. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Kato~~~knows good help ain't cheap. <hr /></blockquote>
"Be careful of what you wish!" Trust me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

And you are correct. She does not come cheap. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif