PDA

View Full Version : CCB Tournament -- Funniest Moment

Rich R.
09-24-2003, 05:18 AM
Although there were so many to choose from, I think the funniest moment, I can remember, happened as follows:

Lights go out. Total darkness.

Male voice, I think it was Tom_in_Cincy -- "Wendy, stop grabbing my a$$."

Wendy's (9 Ball Girl) voice: "That wasn't me, that was Kato." /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Too funny. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm sure there were many other funny moments. Who can remember some?

nAz
09-24-2003, 05:59 AM
Hehe sounds about right. hey Rich did you play in the open/CCB, how did you make out?

Rich R.
09-24-2003, 07:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> Hehe sounds about right. hey Rich did you play in the open/CCB, how did you make out? <hr /></blockquote>
I did play, and if you check out the statistics Dave posted, you will find that I, single-handedly, supported the rest of the field. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Sometimes your just having too much fun, to shoot decent pool. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
09-24-2003, 08:13 AM
There were too many funny moments. Some happened just at the table where we were with our partners. These were some of the lines I remember hearing when the lights were out:

"Would you hurry up and shoot the ball already?" -- Chris Cass\
"I think the generator needs a generator!" -- 9 Ball Girl
"We should build a campfire!" -- Eric
"Let's have a Cumbaya!" -- Cathy
"That's not me that's Kato!" -- 9 Ball Girl /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Some of the great moments:

Fred holding his stick up in victory after scoring his first win courtesy of his partner, me!
Being woofed at when I was partnered up with Heide (Karatemom) by her hubby Chris.
Watching Spike carry Kato around by sinking in the 9 ball.
Gene holding my hand in the dark so I wouldn't be scared. Sure Gene. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Being partnered up with my honey Kato. We won both!

Let's not forget the CCB Dinner!

Fred Agnir
09-24-2003, 08:25 AM
What about "The Wave"?

Eric.
09-24-2003, 08:39 AM
How about Heather, the Rack Card girl getting more cheers than Efren &amp; Busta's game?

Eric

9 Ball Girl
09-24-2003, 08:44 AM
We were sitting from left to right, Gene, Jimbo, Fred, me, and Christ. You'll see us on TV when it's aired. After JJ shot the 9 ball in on one of the racks, Gene started the wave and Christ finished it, much to the pleasure of the crowd. Then we got pieces of paper where Jimbo wrote 10 on the 3 of them and 9.5 on one. I got the 9.5 card and we held them up to rate the round card girl as she walked by us. She laughed and the crowd loved it. Dammit, we were the U.S. Open! Hahahahahaha! Sorry Heidi, I might've corrupted Christ there. Oopsie! Then we held up the score cards again after JJ made a nice shot on the 3 or 4, I can't remember which but his position on the next ball was sucky. We held up 10 for the shot and Fred held up the 9.5 because of the positioning! Crowd loved it. Afterwards, when we were at Q-Masters, I spoke to JJ for a bit and had asked him if he'd noticed the Wave and the cards and he said he hadn't and laughed 'cause he was too much in his zone. One of the guys that had played in the Open was playing on the table next to us and came over and asked, "Hey weren't you the guys with the score cards?" We're famous!

Oh oh oh. And I cannot forget the Class of '63. This was on Saturday night. Eric, Jimbo, Fred and myself walk into the Holiday Inn after the CCB Tourney. There was a Class of '63 reunion going on in one of the ballrooms and a table full of name tags right outside the door of the ballroom. Well, Eric picks up the tag, hands his cuecase to Fred, pins the tag on (the name was Ronald Winkler I think) and walks into the ballroom like he has no business. Now remember, Eric is not dressed for such a party, matter of fact, he was wearing a t-shirt with the sleeves cutoff and tattoos were in full view. So anyway, he walks in, I'm peeping him from the entrance, walks right up to a table and waves his hand and says, "Hi". There was a cameraman in there too. All I remember is that I started cracking up as I heard a female voice yell "hey, hey, Hey! pointing to Eric. He walks out, removes the nametag, and we all started walking towards the buffet and someone snapped a picture of us. Oh man, I'm still laughing at that one!

Eric.
09-24-2003, 08:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>
There was a Class of '63 reunion going on in one of the ballrooms and a table full of name tags right outside the door of the ballroom. Well, Eric picks up the tag, hands his cuecase to Fred, pins the tag on (the name was Ronald Winkler I think) <hr /></blockquote>

Actually it was Ricky Winkler. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eric &gt;was born in 1963

Jimmy B
09-24-2003, 10:23 AM
Dick Winkler, with the emphasis on DICK. JB :-)

Eric.
09-24-2003, 11:50 AM
Hey Genius, that was Rick not Rich.

Eric &gt;not sure if I'm Filthy Rich or Dirty Dick