PDA

View Full Version : Memoirs of a "Misspent" U.S. Open

9 Ball Girl
09-24-2003, 12:08 PM
So my flight was supposed to leave at 10:30AM from LaGuardia on Monday the 15th. We didn't leave 'til 2PM the whole time sitting in the plane! We even had to refuel at one point 'cause we had burned the fuel while we waiting on the runway! Anyway, they gave us pretzels and I had to have beer to go with it. We were the last plane out to Dulles and anything thereafter was cancelled. Lucky me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I had told Tom that I would be in Norfolk by 2 and the poor man was there waiting for me not knowing that the plane left NY at 2! Sigh. Because there was so much air traffic, we couldn't fly at the altitude we would've normally flown (whatever that would be) so we flew at about 14,000 feet which meant we were going through nothing but cloulds. So yep, turbulence all the way. It's a good thing I love rollercoasters!

Priceless moments in no particular order:

1. Tom_in_Cincy, me, and Ruby Tuesday
2. Meeting the Cass clan
3. Shooting some with my girl Jade
4. Having Sally from Inside Pool watch me doze off
5. The Wave
6. The Scorecards
7. Shooting with all my CCB Buds
8. Rodney Morris laughing at the looks I'd give him while another Pro tried picking me up
9. The Conversation with Gene
10. Getting lost on the way to Masters with Gene and Frank
11. The Blackout Melee
12. The toilet paper and my battle scar
13. Hugging Brady
14. Watching any match that Keith McCready played
15. Having a beer bought over a lost bet with one of the Pros at Q-Masters on my nationality
16. Hugging Spike everyday just like I said I would
17. The CCB Tourney (lights out and all)
18. My drinking pal Gene
19. The bottle of Wild Turkey
20. The Class of '63
21. Fred's impersonation at Q-Masters
22. Waking up in between PhilSoFla and Kato /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
23. The hangover
24. The cold shower
25. Having a beer upon Eric's arrival
26. The picture that took so long to take whilst JJ warmed up
27. Finally taking that picture with JJ
28. The drive to Q-Masters during the hurricane
29. Driving into the tree
30. Me, Cathy, and the Round Card Girl
31. Me, Cathy, and the 2nd Round Card Girl /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
32. The smell in Fred's Avis rental car
33. Breakfast with Kato, Phil, Frank and Gene
34. Wearing Kato's jacket (delicately hung in my closet now)
35. Hugging WesK and MikeM
36. Hugging Chris Cass
37. Learning to jump the CB in 5 minutes (Thanks Tom!)
38. Tom_in_Cincy a.k.a. my Father
39. Talking to RackmUp on Kato's cell phone
40. Having Gene pick me up after fearing the winds would blow me into the lake
41. Sweating Chris' and Steve's matches at the Open
42. "That wasn't me that was Kato!"
43. The beer bottle caps (it's what started it all! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif )

There's so much more that I can't think of right now. There are some stories that will have to stay in Virginia!

SPetty
09-24-2003, 03:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> 21. Fred's impersonation at Q-Masters

There are some stories that will have to stay in Virginia!<hr /></blockquote>21) Impersonation of who(m)?
26) I thought the A/C was off...
27) Concerned with shrinkage? /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

It's not fair that stories stay in VA while I had to stay in TX! I live vicariously through you guys, you know...

9 Ball Girl
09-24-2003, 08:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> 21. Fred's impersonation at Q-Masters

There are some stories that will have to stay in Virginia!<hr /></blockquote>21) Impersonation of who(m)?
26) I thought the A/C was off...
27) Concerned with shrinkage? /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

It's not fair that stories stay in VA while I had to stay in TX! I live vicariously through you guys, you know... <hr /></blockquote>Impersonation of one of the players. Funny!
JJ as in Jeremy Jones while he was warming up at the Open before his match with Parica.
Shrinkage? Whatever are you thinking, young lady?!

Ralph S.
09-25-2003, 01:31 AM
Hey Wendy, #19 the bottle of Wild Turkey ...... There aint nuthin' like tieing one on with the "ass kickin' chicken" huh. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ralph S.&gt;that dam bird has had me crowing a few times /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

9 Ball Girl
09-25-2003, 08:05 AM
Well just think about it. A bottle of Wild Turkey. A couple of mini sodas for chasers and/or concoctions. A wide open 6th floor hotel window with hurricane winds blowing in. Peering out of that window into the darkness with nothing but a flashlight. And then the toilet paper. Oh the madness.