PDA

View Full Version : Can you get out on the "L" drill 5 out 5

ceebee
09-24-2003, 04:22 PM
here's a snappy test of your Cue Ball control. Take the test & record your results, do it again & again until you are getting OUT.... cb
p.s. Good Luck & yes I've done it more than once, but it's my main drill...

9 Ball Road Pro
09-24-2003, 04:34 PM
Put up 14 balls in the L and I'll bet you money you can't. Yes you can do it, I can do it, but bet on that, come on, this is a serious achievement of high skill. That is the proper L drill, 14 balls, not 8.

nAz
09-24-2003, 04:56 PM
hey set it up using wei table ( ! ) (http://endeavor.med.nyu.edu/~wei/pool/pooltable2.html)

ceebee
09-24-2003, 05:02 PM
....my post was intended to urge folks to practice the common drills of our sport, so their game would improve. The 14 ball drill, I've never heard of, but it sounds good. Maybe you can reply with a description of that drill, so that I can start practicing that drill too.

If the 14 ball "L" drill will make me good enough to start wagering, I'm ready to start learning.... cb

plato 17
09-24-2003, 05:08 PM
You don't need a table, it's very simple, you form an L around a corner pocket, two diamonds over from the pocket, run 7 balls in a row up to the spot, make a 90 degree angle and place 7 more over to the long rail. Place the cue ball down close to the short rail, now run all 14 in a row one ball at a time climbing the stack, not touching the cue ball with your hands. If you run past one ball or get out of line l/2" the run is over. It is a very good and very old 14.1 drill. It takes a good player to run the 14 balls in exact order. If you are on a home 8, you may have to cut the drill down to 12, you need spaces where the balls must be shot through. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Perk
09-24-2003, 07:26 PM
Had to cut balls down to 12......did it on my third try...was easy after got to center point.

Fred Agnir
09-24-2003, 08:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ceebee:</font><hr> here's a snappy test of your Cue Ball control. Take the test &amp; record your results, do it again &amp; again until you are getting OUT.... cb
p.s. Good Luck &amp; yes I've done it more than once, but it's my main drill... <hr /></blockquote>

LOL!!! We were talking about this this weekend. I am quick to admit that I've never completed the L drill. Not one time in my life. Nor do I ever plan on it.

Fred

Alfie
09-24-2003, 09:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> I am quick to admit that I've never completed the L drill. Not one time in my life. Nor do I ever plan on it.<hr /></blockquote>Not into drills, Fred?

Qtec
09-25-2003, 01:04 AM
What drill ?

Q

jjinfla
09-25-2003, 04:30 AM
Fast Eddie was doing it in the COM.

Jake

Fred Agnir
09-25-2003, 05:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Alfie:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> I am quick to admit that I've never completed the L drill. Not one time in my life. Nor do I ever plan on it.<hr /></blockquote>Not into drills, Fred? <hr /></blockquote>Big time understatement. I have nothing against drills or anyone who's really into them. I just can't get into them.

Fred &lt;~~~ unless it's an 18 volt cordless

marek
09-25-2003, 06:23 AM
Well, I practice L-drill with 15 balls and my best average out of 10 attempts is 11.8 balls per attempt. My longest streak streak in L-drill is 4 run-outs in a row.

Aboo
09-25-2003, 01:02 PM
I have a 7' table at home, so I use 8 balls. Highest is 4, I almost always get two and then screw my position on the third ball, causing me to screw my position on the 4th ball :P

Steve Lipsky
09-25-2003, 01:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> LOL!!! We were talking about this this weekend. I am quick to admit that I've never completed the L drill. Not one time in my life. Nor do I ever plan on it.

Fred <hr /></blockquote>

That makes two of us on all counts, Fred!

- Steve