PDA

View Full Version : JPNEWT Triple Qualifier/$15,000 Added Event!!!

Barbara
09-25-2003, 10:53 AM
The J. Pechauer North East Women's Tour is excited to announce the addition of the richest WPBA sanctioned Regional Tour event in history to their schedule of events.

JPNEWT has teamed up with Mr. T and Dawn Hopkins to host a $15,000-added, 3 WPBA Qualifiers event on November 8th & 9th.

This event is open to the WPBA Touring Pros.

More information on this event will be available on www.newt9ball.com. (http://www.newt9ball.com.)

The Hagerstown tournament scheduled for that weekend has been moved to December 6th & 7th.

Barbara~~~shaking with excitement... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ms_cue
09-25-2003, 10:57 AM
Barbara, where is the tournament going ot be held? In Md?

Barbara
09-25-2003, 10:59 AM
In the NY area near White Plains.

I haven't gotten all the info from Dawn, but hopefully by the end of today I will and will post it on the JPNEWT website.

Barbara

ms_cue
09-25-2003, 11:02 AM
thanks... I'll be on the lookout for it... Very exciting news. Congrats on getting the sponsorship/money for the event.

Nostroke
09-25-2003, 11:10 AM
It must be Hi Pockets in White Plains,the same place MR T put on another tournament.He hangs out there i understand. Unfortunately ill be unable to attend!

Barbara
09-25-2003, 11:14 AM
No, it's not Hi Pockets. It's going to be at a different room this year.

You won't be there?? Bummer!! You're in danger of losing your status as "official groupie".

Not!

Barbara~~~loves hanging with Nostroke... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Doctor_D
09-25-2003, 11:27 AM
Outstanding !!!!

You Go Girl ....

Time to call Hagarstown and reschedule lodging reservations.

Dr. D.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Barbara
09-25-2003, 02:00 PM
Dr. D,

I cannot take the credit for getting this event. It was Dawn Hopkins' that came up with the idea of the Qualifiers and making it a JPNEWT event. Mr. T's going to get a much better turn out this time then he did in Jamuary. I hope to make this a regular event each year!

Dawn sure knows how to promote and event, though!

Barbara

Nostroke
09-25-2003, 02:09 PM
Barb-Will there be a different eligibility criteria for this event re touring pros etc?

Barbara
09-25-2003, 02:24 PM
Nope! Touring Pros will pay the same entry fee as the SP/As. There's no handicapping, either.

Barbara~~~hopes that's what Nostroke asked...

Nostroke
09-25-2003, 02:51 PM
Sorry Barb.I didnt see that "Open to WPBA Touring pros" in your first post. Skipped right over it or put a NOT in there on my own.Not sure- Now i get it!

Barbara
09-25-2003, 05:46 PM
No Nostroke, I edited that post to say that.

Sorry for the confusion.

Barbara

Nostroke
09-25-2003, 08:58 PM
WOW thats the best news ive heard in a while- I likely have staved off complete senility for another week then! Yipee!

PS- I found out the tournament will be in Nanuet NY about 30 miles North of the City on the West side of the Hudson in Rockland County

CarolNYC
09-26-2003, 03:31 AM
Wow Barb,
VERY COOL!:)Way to go!
Carol:)

HarryDC
09-26-2003, 05:18 AM
Hello Barb,

Way to go on the ladies JPNEWT $15,000.00 event. I read that it will be at Nanuet, NY? Any chance it will be at Hollie's Family Billiards on West Route 59? I played one-pocket there and it is a nice room. Please, let me know so I can put it on my schedule.

HarryDC /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Nostroke
09-26-2003, 08:10 AM
Sorry Harry, not Hollies but it's on rte 59 Im told. Its a fairly new and small room named Diamond Jim's. Ive never been there but I am going to check it out this weekend. I hear they have 10 Gold Crowns, one Diamond and a couple of bar tables.

HarryDC
09-26-2003, 02:15 PM
Hi Nostroke,

Did you see the photo of Ellie with the trophy at World Champion Kelly Fisher Web Site. I put up a whole page of Cat tour and I have Regional Tour News. Links for you!

http://members.aol.com/snooka147/kellypage13index.html

I put up the Romana Dokovic Web Site New for Romana at

http://hometown.aol.com/snooka147/romanapage1index.html

For your enjoyment.

The poolroom address is

Diamond Jims Billiards
400 Nanuet Mall South
Nanuet, NY 10954-2710
845-735-0733

I will be staying at

Days Inn
367 West Route 59
Nanuet, NY 10954-2232
845-623-4567

It's right in the mall a block from the poolroom which is also in the mall. Sorry you won't be there! Sorry I forgot to say that Sarah and Helen may come to play. Can't wait!

HarryDC

Chris in NC
09-26-2003, 02:39 PM
Barbara, I thought touring pros were only allowed to play in regional tour events if they were State Opens? Anyway, that's quite impressive an added purse for a regional tour event! Opening it up to the touring pros and the added purse will likely guarantee a very strong field and a good showing from a number of the wpba touring pros including a number of the top players. This is particularly true since after the upcoming wpba tourney in Canada in a week or two, there is not another wpba tour event until the year ending Nationals.

Problem is, in terms of who among the regional players wins the qualifiers may depend largely on the luck of the draw - as to who might get a lucky draw and get fairly far into the tourney without having to have played a top pro player, or at least not having to have played one twice. Still, with 3 qualifier spots available (I assume touring pros are not eligible to win those qualifier spots), it should offer plenty of opportunity for the top regional players to not only earn a spot in a future wpba classic tour event, but to earn a nice paycheck and possibly knock off a big name player in the process. - Chris in NC

Chris in NC
09-26-2003, 02:42 PM
Barbara, I thought touring pros were only allowed to play in regional tour events if they were State Opens. Regardless, that's quite impressive an added purse for a regional tour event! Opening it up to the touring pros and the added purse will likely guarantee a very strong field and a good showing from a number of the wpba touring pros including a number of the top players. This is particularly true since after the upcoming wpba tourney in Canada in a week or two, there is not another wpba tour event until the year ending Nationals.

Problem is, in terms of who among the regional players wins the qualifiers may depend largely on the luck of the draw - as to who might get a lucky draw and get fairly far into the tourney without having to have played a top pro player, or at least not having to have played one twice. Still, with 3 qualifier spots available (I assume touring pros are not eligible to win those qualifier spots), it should offer plenty of opportunity for the regional players to not only earn a spot in a wpba classic tour event, but to earn a nice paycheck and possibly knock off a big name player in the process. - Chris in NC

Barbara
09-26-2003, 03:14 PM
Chris,

Actually, I thought that TPs were only allowed to play in SCs, too, but I've since learned that it's up to the room owner first and then the RT's preference if the RO doesn't care.

Personally, since Karen Corr and Julie Kelly dominated this tour a few years ago, I've found that I like playing against the TPs of the WPBA. You learn stuff!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

But keep your fingers crossed, what should have been somewhat easy to set up has had some setbacks and I'm hoping we get things straightened out for this event to proceed.

Barbara~~~crossing fingers, knocking on wood, tossing salt over (what shoulder is that?), staying away from black cats..

Barbara
09-26-2003, 03:16 PM
Harry,

I may have posted too soon, so keep your fingers crossed.

Read my reply to Chris in NC.

Thanks for your support!!

Barbara

Nostroke
09-26-2003, 03:27 PM
Thanks Harry-That is a terrific picture of Ellie especially when you consider she just lost the paid qualifying spot 20 seconds before and was quite disappointed. Of course that is one of the reasons i like women's pool- They are so much better sports than us dudes.

I hear there are some kinks that still need to be worked out re Diamond Jims but i know Mr T will make it happen!!Now i gotta figure a way to cancel my Europe trip without losing my shirt.

HarryDC
09-26-2003, 04:39 PM
Barbara,

Hey don't give it a thought! Jim Caris knows I owe you a dinner and he will see that it happens. The top 4 or 6 Touring Pros play in the ESPN Tournament of Champions on Nov. 5-6 in Conn. They will be in the area and they should be allowed to take a shot at the money. The WPBA can give them there version of the UPA waver. LOL Jake will love that!

Hey, check the date of your tournament and the date of the Windsor event and the Regional Championships. If the touring pros don't play the turnout will be low because the regional tour players will be low on travel cash. Just a point to be made. Thanks to you Dawn and Mr. T. I will hold out. LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

HarryDC

HarryDC
09-26-2003, 04:44 PM
Nostroke,

Ellie is a class act as are all the women I have met who play pool. Hope you can come maybe we will see Ga-Young and Jeannie Seaver too.

HarryDC

CarolNYC
09-26-2003, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
who among the regional players wins the qualifiers may depend largely on the luck of the draw <hr /></blockquote>
This is so true! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
Carol

Barbara
09-26-2003, 05:03 PM
Harry,

For the most part, I have to say that all the women playing in JPNEWT are class acts!! I've never had to address any one of them. ever, for questionable behavior!

Unfortunately, Ga Young will be in Canada for some "team thing" *when* (rubbing the rabbit's paw now) this event comes off.

Barbara~~~who the heck am I kidding? I don't want to see a rabbit's paw separated from a rabbit!!!

HarryDC
09-26-2003, 05:14 PM
Barbara,

My heart is broken! No Ga-Young! Do you think I can live?
You bet! LOL

HarryDC

Nostroke
09-26-2003, 05:22 PM
Harry -Come up to Binghamton next weekend. Its worth it just for the Home Fries and pancakes. My Streets and Trips program says DC to Binghamton in 5 hrs exactly. Work your way over to Interstate 81`and take it straight North about 230 miles to Bimghamton. Shouldnt be any traffic that way either. Ga Young will be there but Jeanne is staying in Florida. Hope you can make it!

Nostroke
09-26-2003, 05:32 PM
I know she has a team thing in November in Taiwan (Taiwan Cup?)that PROBABLY will keep her out of the Nationals but it isnt impossible for her to make them (Nationals)though it would be a grueling trek with almost no margin of error.

BTW-Did you hear the RTC has been cancelled from Murphy's and is gong to be in the DC area?

Barbara
09-26-2003, 05:38 PM
Hey! Jeannie told me she was going to be there!!!

See YOU there!!! You can't beat the breakfast at The Pocket Billiard Lounge!!!

Barbara /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara
09-26-2003, 05:44 PM
No!!! I thought it was in Marietta GA now.

Okay, this has to be settled. I already talked to Kelly about who's going to play for which tour between CAT and JPNEWT, but Kelly didn't mention this venue change.

DC, huh? I may even burn a spot for the tour.

Barbara~~~okay, I will start practicing next week...

Nostroke
09-26-2003, 05:50 PM
She told me also 2 days ago but things have apparently changed. I think its her Moms Bday. GYK is coming to NYC solo on Tuesday for some fun and shopping prior to Binghamton. Watch out NYC!

The Cat Ladies seemed to think it (RTC) was going to be in their area unless i heard wrong. I wasnt sure so im not really stating, Im asking. Harry?