PDA

View Full Version : CCB Speed

Rod
09-25-2003, 03:41 PM
I'm wondering if others are having an issue here with speed. I click on a post to open and lately it takes forever. I made a couple of posts but when it's this slow, I'll pass on trying to read or reply. It's just been in the last week or so. Well actually since the new server it has slowed a bit.

Anyone else having a problem? Most of the time it's only this site.

Rod

pooldaddy9
09-25-2003, 05:35 PM
Yes, I have the same problem sometimes. I'm on aol and it has a AOL computer check-up. I click on this and it fixes the problem for me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Karatemom
09-25-2003, 06:06 PM
I notice it as well once in a while. We have a cable connection, which is usually quite fast, but lately, just the CCB has been a little slower than usual. It's not all the time, but sometimes.

Heide ~ no, Rod, it's not just you, LOL

Rod
09-25-2003, 06:18 PM
Heide,

Mine is cable and today for instance it has been pretty slow. I keep all the maintence on my end and I'm thinking there is a problem here. Sometimes if other sites are slow then I figure it could be my ISP or at my end. But the last two or three days it's slow here and quick elsewhere.

Well as long as their not trying to single me out, I'm ok. LOL There must be more than just a handfull of people though, to say there is a problem.

thanks,
Rod

Alfie
09-25-2003, 08:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> [slow CCB] <hr /></blockquote>if it won't cause too much trouble ... try deleting cookies

Rod
09-29-2003, 10:38 AM
I have deleted cookies, temp files etc, it's part of my regular maintence. What I don't get is how incredibly slow this site is. I've only heard from two people. Does ANYONE else have a problem with this site? This is the only site that gives me a problem.

Rod

Wally_in_Cincy
09-29-2003, 11:46 AM
Rod,

Since they changed servers about a month (?) ago this site is quite a bit faster for me. Mine is set to show about 7 threads per page and the pages load about twice as fast as they used to. I don't know why you would have this problem. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Rod
09-29-2003, 12:21 PM
Thanks Wally,

Yea I don't know what's going on. I didn't see the option of threads per page you mentioned. I did change from threads in the last week to the last two days. I doubt it would have any effect on cable.

What happens to me, it hangs between screens. Like this post I had to click back, then click forward. When I do that sometimes it works well. Then sometimes it doesn't go anywhere, so I just close out BD and come back later.

Odd how one site does this. That's why I wanted to hear from more people. Are you on dial up?

Rod

Alfie
09-29-2003, 01:05 PM
3260 posts? Maybe it's getting worn out. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
09-29-2003, 01:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> Thanks Wally,

Yea I don't know what's going on. I didn't see the option of threads per page you mentioned.

<font color="blue">The option is right there with the option you cite below: </font color>

I did change from threads in the last week to the last two days. I doubt it would have any effect on cable.

<font color="blue">Being on cable I would think navigating this site would be very quick and easy </font color>

What happens to me, it hangs between screens. Like this post I had to click back, then click forward. When I do that sometimes it works well. Then sometimes it doesn't go anywhere, so I just close out BD and come back later.

Odd how one site does this.

<font color="blue">Since it's only this site you would think it's BD's fault. But since it's not a universal problem with all users that's probably not the case. </font color>

That's why I wanted to hear from more people. Are you on dial up?

<font color="blue">ISDL(I think) here at work. I have dial-up at home. This site is virtually unusable at home. I never even try to access it. Under the old BBS(?) format I could use it at home just fine. </font color>

<hr /></blockquote>