PDA

View Full Version : anybody own a hercek cue!

justbrake
09-26-2003, 07:24 PM
hi- I was serching for a custom cue and came upon hercek cues and was wundering if i could find someone that owned one and find out how there cues were!

Rod
09-26-2003, 09:25 PM
No, sorry I know little. I would be interested myself though, since he bought Buron Spain's equipment and was trained by the same. From what I can tell he only sells and works on his own cues or ones made by Burton. I'll guess he does fine work even though I have never played with one. I have a cue with what I believe to be a Spain forearm.

Rod

BLACKHEART
09-26-2003, 10:25 PM
I met Joel, shortly after he began his training with Burton Spain. He bought Burton's business & his equipment & Burton trained him. Burton was an innovative Q maker & is rightly in the Hall Of Fame. I ordered one of Joel's 1st Qs, that he made on his own. As a Q maker, I can tell you that I rank his Qs in the top 3 or 4 best playing Qs that I've ever played with. His workmanship is outstanding. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIS CUES...JER

Rod
09-26-2003, 11:24 PM
I had a feeling someone here knew of his work. This guy might be a little hidden secret to many of us. I at least want to contact him about a particular cue, who knows I might have him build me one, sometime. I like the Idea of a full splice. Thanks Jer

Mike H
09-27-2003, 07:58 AM
A friend of mine happens to own one. Joel makes a fantastic hitting and looking cue. If you're looking to have one made, I hear it's about a six-year wait.

cycopath
09-27-2003, 08:29 AM
My dad has a Burton Spain made in 86. It plays great.

He's also on Hercek's list. I asked him just the other day how much longer he's got and he said 4 1/2 years.

Anonamus
09-29-2003, 06:31 AM
I've played with a Hercek cue and I can tell you that it is a solid hitting cue, very nice feel. It is also a stiff hitting cue. You must stroke the cue properly to get it to do what you want.

A stiff hitting cue is similiar to stiff shaft golf clubs. They are harder to hit but offer a greater degree of consistency and control.