PDA

View Full Version : custom cue's shafts, (can they compair with)

justbrake
09-26-2003, 11:19 PM
I have seen shafts from meucci(black dot) predator (314-314Z ) arnot terminator T3, etc. can a custom cue maker compare there shafts to one of these when they sell you a cue?or are you just buying the butt end.

JPB
09-26-2003, 11:28 PM
Yeah, in some cases the custom maker is selling a fancy butt. The cue won't play that great. It depends. I have never hit with a meucci dot shaft of whatever color, but I suspect they are terrible. Meucci put out more truly lousy cues while lying about "no deflection" than anybody IMO. But I have not hit with one in a while and sold the only one I was unfortunate enough to own. Predator shafts are good. I have one on one production cue I have.

Also a lot of tapers are screwed up. Many times the taper is done in such a way as to guarantee the cue will be too flexible.

Most production cues have the balance too far forward and the shaft way too soft. See my other post on your other question. And I imagine a lot of customs suffer the same faults.

Chris in NC
09-27-2003, 07:46 AM
If you're looking for the lowest deflection shaft available, no cuemaker can compare to the technology and performance of the Predator shaft. Although these cuemakers will lie to you when you ask them how their shafts compare to Predator as far as deflection, the bottom line is they can't compare. They also feel appauled that you would even consider matching up the butts of their cues with a Predator shaft. - Chris in NC

bolo
09-27-2003, 09:54 AM
I don't know if you are right about that, many cue makers have no problem offering predator shafts if the customer requests it. Cue makers can achieve some good results with their own shafts though with different tapers and wood selection.

Fred Agnir
09-27-2003, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

If you're looking for the lowest deflection shaft available, no cuemaker can compare to the technology and performance of the Predator shaft. <hr /></blockquote>
This only applies to the cuemakers who don't understand the technology.

[ QUOTE ]
They also feel appauled that you would even consider matching up the butts of their cues with a Predator shaft. - Chris in NC <hr /></blockquote> There are many cuemakers that don't balk at putting on a Predator shaft. Even Schuler Cues will put a Predator Shaft on their cues. I know someone who sent his Southwest to Southwest and they put a Predator shaft on it.

Fred