PDA

View Full Version : Help!

rackmup
09-27-2003, 06:01 PM
I need a diet and I need it fast. I'm gaining weight like a fiend and the whole pizza I just inhaled isn't helping.

Tell me one that worked for you, didn't require you to eat lettuce and bean sprouts and allowed you to keep your sanity.

I'm 5'11" and right now (at least until the next feeding frenzy) sitting at about 220. I am a size 36" waist and seriously thinking that 38" might be more comfortable!

Help me stop the insanity!

For you "RackMup! haters", please save the "shoot yourself in the stomach" advice. Spend those hateful words at a city hall protest about zoning ordinances or something.

Regards,

Ken (Hurry! I'm feeling a hunger twinge!)

Barbara
09-27-2003, 06:08 PM
I'm with you Ken!!

If you don't drink regularly and can go without for at least two weeks without imbibing, Atkins may be for you. Yeah, you can wean yourself off the bread/bagels and carbs with the help of a couple amino acid supplements.

I have an office buddy who has lost over 75 pounds on this diet within 3 months. He was over 400 lbs and I'm glad to see him doing something because I'd hate to lose his brain power at work. Besides, he's a geek and I love geeks.

I failed with Atkins because my job forces me to drink. It sucks that much.

Barbara~~~can't take up smoking again because that sucks, too... really and literally!

Sid_Vicious
09-27-2003, 07:04 PM
Damn Ken, I must have caught it from you! 'Course you know my problem, too much vitamin A & B(eer). Unless you've accelerated a LOT with those since I hung out with ya, I don't expect stopping that will help, because you were fairly lightweight. I personally would never have a weight problem if I didn't indulge.

Here's one diet that works though. Find a woman, get absolutely, and I mean absolutely in love with her, beyond all imagination, and then wait for the inevitable hurt during your bust up. I'll tell ya, I lost weight until I had to force myself to gain weight. You asked...sid

wolfdancer
09-27-2003, 08:34 PM
Ken, try the "South Beach Diet"...even Bill Clinton is on it, and has lost around 35 lbs so far. It's only rigorous during phase 1, where you have to give up just about everytrhing that you like..after a couple of weeks you can add some back in moderation, and then when you shed the excess tonnage, the maintenance part is livable.
the real culprit as we get older is sugar, and foods that break down to sugar. Our insulin receptors don't work so well, as we age, and we gain weight, or even develope type II diabetes ( not a death sentence ). My neighbor just found out he has it, and his Dr. recommended diet is close to the South Beach one. I'm trying to get enough nerve up to try his blood sugar checker...but the sight of blood makes my ill, especially if it's mine. I'm just a little prick away from finding out if I have to give up twinkies...for life
the book is cheap, and there is even an online version, somewhere on MSN.....Good Luck!!!!

Rod
09-27-2003, 10:30 PM
Ok Ken I'll tell ya, quit feeding you fat ass body! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wait let me start again, Quit opening your fat ass mouth! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Em er, I'll try harder, keep your mouth closed! much better

OK another attempt. I quit smoking and I gained weight. Last time ( a long time ago ) I quit and I gained a fair amount of weight. This time I decided no matter how much weight I gained I won't start smoking. I might explode but I'm not smoking. Will someone poke me with a pin to let a little pressure out? Rackmup, your screwed; you just have a big mouth! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Personally I've lost 3 pounds in the last week and I plan on loosing even more before my Doctors visit in three weeks. He thinks I'm screwed, but you are living proof I'm in real good shape. I hope this helps, it certainly helped me. The babe's don't like a fat ass! Just call me slim.

~~rod, always needs a squeeze

Kato
09-27-2003, 10:58 PM
Instead of flying next time you come to Florida just walk /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kato~~~gave up fighting the battle of the bulge a while ago and have just accepted my "fattitude" /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cheesemouse
09-28-2003, 05:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rackmup:</font><hr> I need a diet and I need it fast. I'm gaining weight like a fiend and the whole pizza I just inhaled isn't helping.

Tell me one that worked for you, didn't require you to eat lettuce and bean sprouts and allowed you to keep your sanity.

I'm 5'11" and right now (at least until the next feeding frenzy) sitting at about 220. I am a size 36" waist and seriously thinking that 38" might be more comfortable!

Help me stop the insanity!

For you "RackMup! haters", please save the "shoot yourself in the stomach" advice. Spend those hateful words at a city hall protest about zoning ordinances or something.

Regards,

Ken (Hurry! I'm feeling a hunger twinge!) <hr /></blockquote>

Ken,

Walk into any busy beauty shop and strip...the ensuing laugher and comments may give you the will power to do what you have to do......LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fred Agnir
09-28-2003, 07:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rackmup:</font><hr> I'm 5'11" and right now (at least until the next feeding frenzy) sitting at about 220. I am a size 36" waist and seriously thinking that 38" might be more comfortable!<hr /></blockquote> It doesn't sound like you need a diet change. It sounds like you need to take a 20-30 minute walk every day.

Fred &lt;~~~ needs to walk

Vapros
09-28-2003, 08:59 PM
Pick out a program that lets you eat some of the things you like, and take a deep breath and jump in. All the diets work - it's people who succeed and fail.

Wally_in_Cincy
09-29-2003, 06:15 AM
Eat less and exercise.

Seriously, eat what you like but just smaller portions.

Walk. Start off with a mile every other day or every day. Keep increasing the distance. 5 miles is not that far once you get used to it.

Oh, and beer's a killer.....

Ward
09-29-2003, 06:51 AM
Ken

You are just under tall, try growing.

Later

Chris Cass
09-29-2003, 07:11 AM
Hi Ken,

I don't have a diet for you. I would say the best thing for you is to get out of the house as much as possible, stay busy doing things and forget about food as much as possible too. It could be depression also in which I hope is not the case. When your hungry, try to remember this is also a sign of dehydrasion(sp?). Drink plenty of water instead of beer when the hunger comes on.

Regards,

C.C.

Voodoo Daddy
09-29-2003, 07:18 AM
[b]DIET?...WTF is that? I lost some weight on trimspa Ken, look it up on www.trimspa.com (http://www.trimspa.com) Hope this helps ya.

Voodoo~~~forever fat but happy!!

Perk
09-29-2003, 08:11 AM
Ken,

Use a version of Atkins Diet, modifyed to your needs. You can take good information from the Atkins site regarding Carbs, and use that to come up with a low carb schedule. A friend of mine lost 90 pounds using it and was in a stage where he was adding carbs again. He was going to use it for life. Me, my wife and I went on the diet. Both lost weight immediately. My wife got headaches and quit the diet, and shortly after that, I quit due to the meals that she was providing. It was easy when both were on it. She got headaches for two reasons..1. We didnt take the vitamins required, and 2. She wasnt a breakfast person.

With this diet, you can eat a huge breakfast, i.e. eggs, cheese, sausage, bacon, etc to start your day. Pick some lunch snack that is meat, for me it was tuna, and then have a huge meat filled dinner. No probs with lack of food. The catch is having prepared snacks available when needed. We used chunks ham and cheese alot.

More importantly, using this diet, I learned that carbs store, and fat burns fat. Utilizing the diet, I have incorporated a low carb diet since then.

9 Ball Girl
09-29-2003, 08:44 AM
Ken,

Every diet works. You just need to discipline yourself and stick to it. They all work. I'm not too crazy about taking pills, I'm more the old-fashion going to the gym kind of gal. Try to get in some cardiovascular activity at least 3 times a week. You have dogs right? Perfect. Go walking/running/hiking with them. They'll love you for it!

As far as eating, well, it seems that your weight is ahead of you so I would start eating lightly, smaller portions if you will. Once you've got that cardio routine going for you and it's working, eat a little more. HTH

Wendy&lt;---needs to practice what she preaches! /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

ms_cue
09-29-2003, 09:01 AM
Ken- There are many many diets and fads which will help you lose wieght, but does nothing about maintaining weight. One of the first things I would suggest is to keep a "food" diary. I know this may sound silly, but jot down what you eat and when and what you were doing/thinking/feeling. By keeping track, it gives you an insight into what your personal eating habits are. Do you eat b/c you're hungry, bored, unhappy etc... Do you eat more when you're alone or out with people? etc... Once you have an insight into your eating habits, and what you eat, then you can figure out what is the best "diet" for you and your lifestyle. Most diets fail b/c people try to modify their lifestyle to fit their diet. In order to be successful, set reasonable and obtainable goals, eat in moderation, know what is healthy/not healthy, and don't feel like you have to give up things you love. Adjust your diet to make it enhance those things you love. Good luck.

Qtec
09-29-2003, 09:14 AM
Next time you want a pizza,

..go get it yourself!

Get a bike.[ bicycle ] Seriously, you will love it . Youve got the weather for it.

Q

Iowashark
09-29-2003, 11:01 AM
I've lost 10 pounds in 1 month(230 to 220) just by getting up a half hour earlier and walking my dogs, then I walk them again after dinner at night. I've also substituted water for pop at work. I used to drink about 4 a day just at work, now I only drink water at work. I think that had a lot to do with it as well. Stay away from the 'get thin quick' scams and the weight loss pills, I think they probably do more harm than good. Just get in a little exercise and eat/drink healthier.

rackmup
09-29-2003, 03:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ward:</font><hr> You are just under tall, try growing.
<hr /></blockquote> Thanks Ward. You are truly an inspiration.

Regards,

Ken (misses seeing Ward every Saturday at Speed's)