PDA

View Full Version : What's the rule?

woody
09-27-2003, 08:04 PM
A friend of mine owns a table with the ball return system under the pockets down each side of the table. We were playing 9 ball and another friend broke, a ball went in the lower right pocket, shot up the subway, and popped out the upper right corner and stayed on the table. Does the ball go down and he continues? Is the opponent up? Does the ball stay up and he continues? What is the official rule? Thank You!

Rod
09-27-2003, 11:20 PM
Woody,

During the course of a game, BCA rules state that a ball that goes in and comes back out is not considered as a pocketed ball. That is fine and I agree. Your dealing with a table that does not meet the required specifictions. That being the case, I'd rule it as faulty equipment, in which case the ball would stay down and it would be his shot.

For this or more rules please visit, Rules (http://www.bca-pool.com/play/)

rackmup
09-28-2003, 11:25 AM
BCA Rule 3.11 POCKETED BALLS

A ball is considered pocketed if as a result of an otherwise legal shot, it drops off the bed of the table into the pocket and remains there. (A ball that drops out of a ball return system onto the floor is not to be construed as a ball that has not remained pocketed.) A ball that rebounds from the pocket back onto the table bed is not a pocketed ball.

Another obscure, lesser known rule would require the shooter to break down his cue, place his forehead on the butt end of the cue and spin around it for a total of 15 revolutions. He would then immediately assemble his cue and continue shooting.

Should he miss the shot, fall over from dizziness, yak on the table or poke himself in the eye with the joint pin, it is loss of game and the opponent wins. Seek proper medical attention if necessary.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ken