PDA

View Full Version : CUBS WIN CUBS WIN CUBS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ralph S.
09-28-2003, 02:53 AM
For all you baseball fans and Sammy Sosa haters.... The Chicago Cubs are the 2003 N.L. Central Division champs. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I personaly am very happy and excited as we usually dont get this far. You can read more at www.cubs.com (http://www.cubs.com) /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Go Cubbies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

jjinfla
09-28-2003, 08:05 AM
Gee - did you expect anything less?

They aren't chokers like the White Sox.

At least not this year.

Long time Cubbie fan until they all went on strike and then I just lost interest in baseball.

Jake---an ex southsider who was a Cub fan in White Sox territory.

nAz
09-28-2003, 08:47 AM
You know whats cool about this year play off?
There is not one team that clearly stands out as the one to beat, I would like to say the Yanks are the ones to but there pitching is suspect this year. still i would like to see a Yankees/Cub world series.

wolfdancer
09-28-2003, 10:14 AM
In a perfect world, the Cubs play the Red Sox in the World Series, which goes to game 7. Game 7 is tied after 9 innings, and remains tied in a prolonged overtime, until, in a humane gesture, the Commissioner declares the teams co-champs. Sammy is declared MVP after "uncorking" a record 15 home runs....

Vapros
09-28-2003, 08:49 PM
Holy cow!! Is it 'next year' already?

eg8r
09-29-2003, 08:36 AM
Congratulations to the Cubs and all their fans. I am sure you guys are excited, however there is still a ways to go. Good luck in the first round.

Who "hates" Sammy Sosa???????? I did not understand that part.

Eg8r

ms_cue
09-29-2003, 08:45 AM
My god... a red sox/cubs world series. For a die hard football fan, I'd give up watching on sat, sun & mon to watch that series. How amazing would it be to watch both teams battle it out and try to overcome their own histories. The only problem would be that one team would have to lose...

Qtec
09-29-2003, 09:08 AM
What countries are represented in the 'World Series'?

Q

Wally_in_Cincy
09-29-2003, 10:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> What countries are represented in the 'World Series'?

Q

<hr /></blockquote>

Only the right-wing jingoistic imperialist ones.

Aboo
09-30-2003, 01:50 PM
Any one country that's in the US of A.

Seriously, the good player from other countries come here and play. Don't they? I've just never heard of "major league" baseball over-seas.

But, I'm not a huge baseball fan, since the strike, and I'm not widely travelled either.

Hopster
10-01-2003, 12:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> In a perfect world, the Cubs play the Red Sox in the World Series, which goes to game 7. Game 7 is tied after 9 innings, and remains tied in a prolonged overtime, until, in a humane gesture, the Commissioner declares the teams co-champs. Sammy is declared MVP after "uncorking" a record 15 home runs.... <hr /></blockquote>

Thats what im hoping to see. Cubs and Sox in the big battle. Who the hell wants to see the Yankees or the Braves again ?

Kato
10-01-2003, 02:11 PM
I have 2 prayers for the series. My dream matchup is the Marlin's against the Red Sox. As a lifelong Sox fan I've lived and breathed with them for as long as I can remember (my whole life /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif). As a serious "homer" I love the Florida Marlins. They've got tons of heart and are a great deal of fun to watch. Beckett pitched a great game and still lost yesterday.

I would love to see a Cub's, Red Sox series as well. That would be awesome. The Cub's would have to lose and the "Curse of the Bambino" will be destroyed.

Anybody but the Yanks and Braves. I like watching the A's and the Twinkies too.

Kato~~~baseball junkie but will still watch football. Picture and picture baby /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif