PDA

View Full Version : my new custom cue

miko
09-28-2003, 08:50 PM
I just received my new dayton plain jane the other day. Played with it twice, using both the solid maple and the 314 shaft. I really love the way the maple shaft plays.. I'm still having a hard time adjusting to the deflection on hard shots though. Check out some of the pics. www.pbase.com/miko2/my_dayton (http://www.pbase.com/miko2/my_dayton)

ras314
09-28-2003, 09:19 PM
That is NOT a plain jane. Looks real purty to me.

cueball1950
09-28-2003, 09:57 PM
Nice looking cue. I know paul personally. if you talk with him again tell him i said hi and hope everything is well.......................................mike

AzBlueMach1
09-28-2003, 10:01 PM
Nice cue man! I want a Dayton so bad I can taste it. I just emailed him earlier tonight about some price quotes, but I might have to get a 2nd mortgage to afford the one I want... /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Jimmy B
09-29-2003, 12:11 AM
Very nice cue I love the Joint Protectors, it really shows that the cue maker went the extra mile and it really makes the cue look classy, some people don't appreciate the work they take, but they make the cue IMO. JB

Paul_Mon
09-29-2003, 09:27 AM
Miko,
Very nice looking cue. Our tastes in cues are similar, see

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=ccb&Number=72677&page= &view=&sb=&o=&vc=1

for pictures of my cues. I also use 314 shafts exclusively and know what you mean about the feel of the maple shafts. My Blackheart with the original shaft feels so sweet but deflects too much for me.

good luck with the cue.........Paul Mon

Aboo
09-29-2003, 09:37 AM
That maple shaft looks VERY nice /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif And I agree, the matching joint protector's are a nice touch /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

miko
09-29-2003, 09:49 AM
Thanks guys! I really love the way the buffalo horn joint plays, my cue hits even better than the dayton i've tried before.

AzBlueMach1,
I'm sure Paul can give you a good deal on his cues. He's quite a reasonable guy.

Jimmy B / Aboo,
Yep, the joint protectors are very nice. The price is very reasonable too. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Paul,
Those are nice looking cues u got there! is the lower part of the shaft also made from bocote?
I'll be giving the maple shaft a few more weeks to see if i can adapt to the deflection. If my game doesn't go back to normal, i guess i just have to go back to the pred shaft.

Paul_Mon
09-29-2003, 10:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote miko:</font><hr>
Paul,
Those are nice looking cues u got there! is the lower part of the shaft also made from bocote?
I'll be giving the maple shaft a few more weeks to see if i can adapt to the deflection. If my game doesn't go back to normal, i guess i just have to go back to the pred shaft.

<hr /></blockquote>

That is indeed Bocote on the lower end of that shaft, a Showcase cue that I bought to use for breaking. I didn't have the patience to wait for my game to return to normal (my normal game sucks) so I just use the 314 shaft.

Paul

eg8r
09-29-2003, 10:24 AM
Very nice looking cue. I wish I had a custom. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r &lt;~~Still playing with the Meucci

rukiddingme
09-29-2003, 05:11 PM
what a great looking cue!!!!
Hope you don't mind if I ask and hope you don't mind answering....quanto $$$?...about?
ruk

Chris Cass
09-30-2003, 01:37 AM
And what happened to you? J/K

C.C.

stickman
09-30-2003, 03:22 PM
Plain Jane? I think it's gorgeous! I love the no wrap. Why cover up all that pretty wood with linen or leather? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Congratulations.