PDA

View Full Version : Free at Last!!!

stickman
09-29-2003, 09:48 PM
I left my wife the day before Christmas last year, filed the day after Chrismas, and finally got my divorce today. Well, sort of. We still have the property division to settle. Another highlight: I went deer hunting Saturday. It was my first time out this year. I went out at noon and setup my camoflauge popup tent. I went to town and got a soda and a sandwich, and went back out to hunt. I started at 3:00 and at 7:00 I shot a real nice ten pointer. I was excited but a little disapointed too. I've daydreamed about deer season all year and it was over in 4 hours. Now I have a whole year to wait to go again. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
09-30-2003, 06:31 AM
Kudos to you for not shooting your ex-wife as well /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

stickman
09-30-2003, 03:28 PM
The thought crossed my mind, but I would have needed two tags. (a doe tag for her and an either sex tag for her boyfriend) /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Karatemom
09-30-2003, 04:47 PM
I'm glad you finally walked through the light at the end of the tunnel with the ex-wife. That's one less problem to frustrate you, LOL.

I'm not into the hunting-thing, so I assume you're only allowed one "catch" per season? LOL

Take care,

Heide

nAz
09-30-2003, 05:17 PM
so you finally got rid of the old ball and chain huh? now you can concentrate on pool!
how long before you make that same mistake again? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif lol

stickman
09-30-2003, 07:20 PM
Actually, I do still have a doe tag left, but I don't get as excited shooting a doe. It's just meat in the freezer. I could only get two tags this year, unless I wanted to hunt in another unit. That would be a much longer drive for me, and I wouldn't know territory. Even then, I can't get another either sex tag, just two more doe tags. Two deer will feed me for a while. I can get three turkey tags, and I think I'll try turkey hunting after I fill my other deer tag. I had 18 turkeys walk by my camoflauged tent when I was deer hunting the other day. They came by between 10 yards and 15 yards in single file, one after another. I sat there and counted them. They went out into an open part of the pasture and fed there for about 45 minutes while I watched. During that time another group came in from another direction and joined them. Heck, just going out and watching is fun. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I saw deer all afternoon and evening before I shot my deer. They were all does and fawns, and I just watched them.