PDA

View Full Version : Winning One Hole

Rod
09-29-2003, 11:59 PM
This book is up for sale. Not mine, but he sure thinks a lot of it.LOL One P (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3629167377&category=12 92)

Of course one just sold. One Hole (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3628288733&category=12 92&rd=1)

Ole Shorty sure wanted that book. This bidding seems odd, I wonder if there was a scam going on?

Of course i've got a couple going myself. Blue Book (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3629526321&category=12 92&rd=1)

I was going to list both One Hole books but it looks like I'll have to wait.

Rod

HarryDC
09-30-2003, 05:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> This book is up for sale. Not mine, but he sure thinks a lot of it.LOL One P (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=3629167377&amp;category=12 92)
Of course one just sold. One Hole (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=3628288733&amp;category=12 92&amp;rd=1)

Ole Shorty sure wanted that book. This bidding seems odd, I wonder if there was a scam going on?

Of course i've got a couple going myself. Blue Book (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=3629526321&amp;category=12 92&amp;rd=1)

I was going to list both One Hole books but it looks like I'll have to wait.

Rod

<hr /></blockquote>

Hi All &amp; Rod,

Like to start off by saying the books title is " Winning One-pocket (as taught by the games greatest players)" Only ignorant people call the greatest game in pool "One-hole"

Since Rod has two copies he has one copy for each hand. LOL Rod hasn't told you but the printing is worthless without the erratta sheets as it has over 100 printing errors. LOL

Here is the Info:

"Errata" sheet for the first printing of "WINNING ONE POCKET,AS TAUGHT BY THE GAMES GREATEST PLAYERS". If you have or are buying a copy of "WINNING ONE POCKET", be aware that the book is very inaccurate without the errata sheet issued with the first edition. There are approximately "105" printing errors in the book as published. This unusually high number of errors were caused by a PC to Mac conversion during the publishing process. About 12 of the errors are simple spelling errors and typos but the rest are primarily serious errors for the aiming points or starting points for the rail diamonds. The book without the correction sheets is completely missing part or all of the diamond point information on many pages. You will not be able to duplicate many of the shots illustrated in the book without the corrections. If you want to have the complete and accurate version of this rare book you must have the errata sheets. For example on page 202 in the last paragraph fourth line there is a blank in front of the word diamond. The errata sheet tells you what to put in the blank.

So make sure any copy you buy has the sheets with it. If Rod sells his copies without the sheets it is a scam. LOL

1pocketshorty is a friend of mine and he paid $504.50 for the copy at E-Bay. He has spent more money than that buying rounds for the house on tournament night. He gets what he wants!

Say, does anyone know how to get in touch with an E-Bay member who's title is newtgal as 1pocketshorty owes her a copy of the above mentioned errata sheets?

HarryDC

Voodoo Daddy
09-30-2003, 06:01 AM
I wonder if my first print, autographed "99 Critical shots" is worth? I have one of those Winning One Pocket books in 99% condition too...any takers? HAHAHAHAHA

JohnBarton
09-30-2003, 06:05 AM
I have often heard the game referred to as one-hole by great players. To quote Buddy from a recent US Open match commentary, 'the old players used to call the banks "straight back" , as in 6 ball straight back.'

JMO.

John

eg8r
09-30-2003, 06:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Only ignorant people call the greatest game in pool "One-hole"
<hr /></blockquote> What an ignorant thing to say....

eg8r

HarryDC
09-30-2003, 06:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JohnBarton:</font><hr> I have often heard the game referred to as one-hole by great players. To quote Buddy from a recent US Open match commentary, 'the old players used to call the banks "straight back" , as in 6 ball straight back.'

JMO.

John <hr /></blockquote>

Hi John,

I understand your point! I play in upscale rooms in the DC area and no one I know calls it "one-hole" any longer. Of course I still think it is ignorant. After all "Straight Back" doesn't sound as tacky as "one-Hole"?

I wouldn't call it "one-hole" in front of "Sarah" or any other lady! LOL But then I wouldn't play "Sarah" unless she gives me the 8 and the 5? LOL

JHMO

HarryDC

Rod
09-30-2003, 12:45 PM
Amazing Harry,

I don't use a proper name and you call me ignorant. I know what the book title is and I can call the game anything I choose, just like many great players have done in the past.

Next I'm being accused of what might be a scam. Good for shorty, he paid well over the rate of what the book is worth and his copy has a tear. I know he doesn't care, he's to busy buying friends, friends that won't remember his name.

I see where your comming from. You made it obvious with your snooty upscale room comment and friends. Your comment is not just to me, but many that read this board. Go ahead with your pima-donna attitude, you've lost my respect. Go chase your usual skirts.

Rod

Tom_In_Cincy
09-30-2003, 01:26 PM
harry,

"One Hole" is perfectly acceptable to use for the majority of pool players (women included).

You are the only person I have ever heard that, to say it is 'ignorant'.

As a newbie to the game and nomenclature, IMO, for you to correct anyone's usage of this term is pure 'arrogence'

Chris Cass
09-30-2003, 01:44 PM
Rod,

Why bother? You don't need to. Your highly respected on this board and that's besides your game. Some might have there minds in the gutter. As far as women go, my wife loves you. You've always been a kind and respectful man. Heck, I love ya too. LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Your friend,

C.C.

Voodoo Daddy
09-30-2003, 03:20 PM
C'mon ROD...you pay attention to that? Your the man on this board, as far as I'm concerned. "One Hole" is totally acceptable, been sayin' it and I have heard it all my life. Now...after 25 years around pool I hear its un-acceptable? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Voodoo~~~laughs at hair-splitters

AndyG
10-01-2003, 05:24 AM
You da man, Rod.
If there's anything as boring as a pompous ass, I've never met it. I guess he'd really go nuts in Chicago to hear bank pool called 'bumps'.
AndyG

pooldaddy9
10-01-2003, 06:40 AM
One hole, one pocket - same thing
banks, staight back - same thing
What do you call the part of the side pocket you hit that keeps the ball from going in?
the point or the t_t /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif same thing
It's pool, everybody knows what you mean. It's about the pool table not your girl friend.

Qtec
10-01-2003, 07:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What do you call the part of the side pocket you hit that keeps the ball from going in?
<hr /></blockquote>

The knuckle ? Or the lip?
Wait, strike 'lip', thats probably too suggestive for mixed company !!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Q

Qtec
10-01-2003, 07:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
Only ignorant people call the greatest game in pool "One-hole"
<hr /></blockquote> What an ignorant thing to say....

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q

Qtec
10-01-2003, 07:29 AM
Tap Tap Tap Tap.

Q