PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on Golden West Pool Tables

04-11-2002, 04:48 PM
Anyone have any experience(GOOD or BAD)with Golden West Pool Tables? I have a price on a 4x8 of $2600 delivered and set up. The Sunset model. It seems nice - good wood construction and 1" slate. Made in Oregon. Includes 4 cues, Belgian balls(?),Cue Rack, etc. Looking for any feedback.

04-11-2002, 06:21 PM
I played on one while they were still in California. Good wood and frame but the cushions were low. They made the balls hop. Check how they are now. Make sure the rails are also bolted using T-nuts.

Rod
04-11-2002, 07:34 PM
Some how the rail heights seem to have grown over the years.
On older brunswicks you could hit down on the ball a bit and get the c/b and o/b to hop easier. The rails were much more lively than todays rail height that sometimes pinches the balls and slows them down. I like the old heights better. I had some 60's tables and when I changed cushions they were to high. With new 860 the rails were slow and the bed was fairly quick, like any other table with 860. You could see the ball pinch and leave slower. Outside of construction, and pocket size, that would be important to me. I had a rail height guage and it was above the max height. I don't remember now what that was.

cheesemouse
04-11-2002, 08:39 PM
Rod,
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>I had a rail height guage and it was above the max height. I don't remember now what that was.<hr></blockquote>
If your using 2 1/4 inche balls the rail height should be 1.44 inches, that is out of a foggy memory for what it's worth.

04-11-2002, 08:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: cheesemouse:</font><hr> Rod,
&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt;I had a rail height guage and it was above the max height. I don't remember now what that was.&lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;
If your using 2 1/4 inche balls the rail height should be 1.44 inches, that is out of a foggy memory for what it's worth. <hr></blockquote>.....
It should be 1 and 29/64 according to Diamond.