PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a 2x2 cue case...

Aboo
09-30-2003, 10:30 AM
Can anyone recommend, or sell me a decent 2x2 cue case that won't destroy my bank-account? I love the Instroke cases but I can't afford one that pricey. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I tried to go the ultra-cheap route off of eBay and found out why it was ultra-cheap :P

I'm just sick of carrying two cue cases around and would like to consolidate them into one. Thanks for the help folks!

pooltchr
09-30-2003, 10:40 AM
Check out the new GEO line from Instroke. Same quality as all Instroke cases but at a much better price.

http://www.cuesight.com/pool-cue-cases-instroke-geo-line.html

Iowashark
09-30-2003, 10:59 AM
I prefer Giuseppe(sp?). I don't know what you mean by break your bank account, but a 2x2 case will run you about 60-90 depending on the retailer. They are a very solid case offering good cue protection with the tight shaft and butt sleeves built in so they are secure within the case. I actually have 1 that I might be willing to part with since I upgraded to a 3x6. Pm me if interested.

Aboo
09-30-2003, 11:09 AM
PM sent sir. A Giuseppe 1x1 is what I have now. So I'm familiar with the brand. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

CrispyFish
09-30-2003, 11:09 AM
I have a Porper that I'm very happy with; ran me about $80 if I remember correctly.

http://www.porper.com/cases02.htm

Sid_Vicious
09-30-2003, 11:38 AM
I have had several Porpers, and to tell the truth I probably won't go that route next time for two concerns. One, I'm not sure at all that the dyes in the tubes is not bleaching color into my shaftwood possibly due to the liner not being fully cured and outgassed after the dye process. Second, the foam section up in the cap, that foam piece which has the holes cut for the butts and shafts...it disintegrates to hell after time and looks awful. Jm2c...sid

dg-in-centralpa
10-01-2003, 06:19 AM
Aboo - check your e-mail.

DG

9 Ball Girl
10-01-2003, 07:24 AM
I have this 2x2 case in black:

http://www.billiardswarehouse.com/cases/proseries/images/pr22bnl2x2.jpg

I paid $60 (not including s&h), you can have it for $40. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris in NC
10-01-2003, 08:27 AM
I would strongly suggest a 2x4 case. They're not much bigger than a 2x2 and much more functional. Most regular players need to have 2 shafts for their main playing cue so that they can have a backup if a tip comes loose or when it gets worn down and they have to send it off to get a new tip - it just makes sense. Add to that your break cue or whatever your 2nd cue is, and you need a place for at least 3 shafts, and there seems to be no such thing on the market as a 2x3 case.

Instroke is the best mass production case made. Yeah, the leathers are expensive, but I believe they do offer a line of cases that are not leather that are much more affordable, but still the same design.

Trust me, if you buy a 2x2, you'll eventually be looking for a 2x4 down the road, so you might as well get one now! - Chris in NC

Aboo
10-01-2003, 08:35 AM
I agree with you Chris, however. I've made a deal with my wife. I stop buying pool equipment unless I make the money to pay for it, through playing pool.
I.E. - Stop throwing good money after bad. (That's how SHE put it anyway... /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif )

I'm trying to "sneak" this one in under the wire before I have to begin my quest for a new cue, paid for by my habit.

She's getting sick of tripping over my cue cases too. But if I drop 200 bucks for a case... (even the cheap cases from Instroke are near that price) Well, lets just say, I like my pool table, but I don't want to sleep under it ALL the time!

Keith Talent
10-01-2003, 09:04 AM
Aboo,

Also on cuesight.com, where they're selling the reconditioned-leather Instroke numbers, you can get a reasonably priced but solid 2X3 from Sterling. Mine is black, looks exactly like the picture of 9 Ball Girl's ... just slightly wider. Cost $55, I think. That way you're covered for playing cue, breaker and jumper ...

Wally_in_Cincy
10-01-2003, 09:06 AM
If it's strictly price you're worried about Guiseppe makes a good case for less than $100. I bought a 2x2, real leather, for $85.

daviddjmp
10-01-2003, 10:08 AM
Instroke makes a nice leather 2X3 Case, I just bought one-

http://seyberts.com/instroke/leathercowboy2x3.htm

cycopath
10-01-2003, 10:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris in NC:</font><hr> and there seems to be no such thing on the market as a 2x3 case.<hr /></blockquote>
Guiseppe makes a really nice 2x3. And the price is like $90, I believe.