PDA

View Full Version : "My Game"

Cuemage
04-11-2002, 07:26 PM
Do you ever feel like you've forgotten things in ur game? Have u ever heard 'bout tha old-timer who has "forgotten more than most people know"? Well, I started a journal to keep track of those things I've learned & I just wondered who else does this type of thing. The journal is a compilation of notes, skills, insights, methods, pictures, training aids, lists, resources, theories, visions, and experiences that I have come across in the game of pool. (And yes, I have included some things from tha CCB...thanx very much)

Tha Cuemage

stickman
04-11-2002, 07:41 PM
I used to have basically an encyclopedia for a previous hobby of mine and refered to it often. There were at least a thousand pages or more. I haven't started one for pool yet, but it sounds like a good idea. There have been many times, I've searched for a particular post or article, when I could have simply printed it out and had it in my pool encyclopedia. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif I think I'll start one.

Rod
04-11-2002, 07:43 PM
I know I've forgotten, and I probably have forgotten more than many will ever know! But I forget now, what it is that I forgot, so maby now I can't be sure of that either!

Dam I hate it when that happens!

Mikey
04-11-2002, 07:55 PM
My son is 28 yrs old and a hellava pool player and most of his buddies are about the same age. One of his friends in particular, when he has to play me or somebody my age in a tournament, his comment is always, damn I hate to play those old guys- they know to much. L.O.L. ---Mikey

Tom_In_Cincy
04-11-2002, 08:56 PM
Cuemage,
I also keep a journal.. and have recently (Dec. 1999) been trying to use my computer to record it..
In it are mostly drills, shots that made me ask "how ya do that?" stories.. form RSB and CCB, Tournaments trip stories, $ matches I have seen, heard of or been in, and of course my stupid ramblings.

But mostly pool table shots and how long it took me to understand them.. or at least come close.

Its been a long project that keeps me busy on those rainy days...

04-11-2002, 11:40 PM
Tom...That's a great idea you and Cuemage have! Keep up the good work! Now...about those 'Grady' stories...LOL...
and "keeping IT up"! LMAO

Scott Lee

Kato
04-12-2002, 07:53 AM
I'm not even sure I know what I know. What I've forgotten? Who knows.

Kato

phil in sofla
04-12-2002, 04:06 PM
I had a loose leaf binder collection of diagrams of shots and systems from Grady's tapes and others, the 'reference' shot pages from Henning's 'The Pro Book,' etc., but lost it along with my copy of Koehler's 'Upscale One-Pocket' at a ph.

I'm about to re-do it, and as another reference project, I've begun discarding my BD and other magazines, but first removing their instruction columns. An awful lot of good information in those, but once read and filed, they are well out of mind and memory (for me). I'm going to index them as to subject matter and keep that index in a file on the computer for easy addition, and print that out to give access to the printed pages.

I thought of scanning them into the computer and OCR-ing them into editable/searchable text, but I'm not sure of the value of that, and I'm a lazy SOB besides.

The systems I routinely use I remember well, but those I only half learned, I always get wrong when I try to use them (e.g., was the starting reference line from the head spot, or the corner), so I end up frustrated knowing I probably SHOULD know that particular shot, but don't, and have to guess.