PDA

View Full Version : Skully (a.k.a. skelly, skilsies, skelsies)

nAz
10-01-2003, 03:25 PM
Does anyone still play this?
does anyone out side on NYC know this game?
i was teaching some neighborhood kids this game they thought i was crazy they never heard of it before but after i showed them how to make the game board out of chalk on the street floor and how to make the playing pieces out of bottle tops they strated to like it.
I have not played it years boy it brought back memories, i use to spend hours playing befoe i was a teen, what a great game.

CarolNYC
10-01-2003, 03:40 PM
I know this game,Naz,
You fill the bottle caps with wax-hit your opponents man outta the box!Move from box to box in the least amount of moves?
I wouldnt think kids today would know this-back then, there was NO electronics !Today, ALL electronic!ha ha ha ha-just like "buck-buck" "Hot beans and butter" "Warball"
The good ole days!
Carol~sensing Naz is good with kids!:):):) /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

nAz
10-01-2003, 03:52 PM
yeah im good with kids... you know im the same age mentally /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
ahhh war ball i think they changed the name to Dodge ball its more err PC /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

eww BTW you mention videop game maybe this weekend with some help i will try to make an electronic version of skilsies using maybe shockwave, I hope. anyone willing to help with this all important project?

SPetty
10-01-2003, 03:53 PM
I'm born and raised in Texas, and even with all the yankee transplants back in the 80's, I've never heard of it.

Here's more info:
Skully Central (http://www.streetplay.com/skully/)

nAz
10-01-2003, 03:58 PM
Spetty its a fun game you should leanr it /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
BTW excellent site. they have other things there handball stickball Oh man does anyone remember those games?????

Aboo
10-01-2003, 04:55 PM
I played stick ball a LOT growing up. Handball was what old folks played while we were playing stick ball lol.
Never heard of Skully though. except that hot chick on the X Files.....

9 Ball Girl
10-01-2003, 05:56 PM
Oh sure I remember them.

Handball
Stickball
Whiffleball
Running Bases
Off the Wall
Skully (sp?)
Coco Livio (sp?)
Red Light, Green Light
Racing around the block to see who'd win

and a slew of others that my old mind can't remember

heater451
10-01-2003, 06:09 PM
Good for a laugh.

Sorry if you're on dial-up. The page background is a large graphic, and will take awhile. . . .

Los Angeles Dodgeball Society (http://www.angelfire.com/super2/dodgeball/)

~~went to HS w/ a guy who threw hard enough,
that the ball would 'wiggle' through the air!
========================

CarolNYC
10-02-2003, 03:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yankee transplants <hr /></blockquote>
Ha Ha Ha,ha ha ha ha-fake yankees,ha haha!
Spetty,
That was cool!:)
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

CarolNYC
10-02-2003, 03:16 AM
Its good to be a "Toys-R-Us" kid,Naz,
I love kids-I was a Girl Scout leader for 5 years-(kindergarten-Daisies-to 4th grade-Brownies)-I shoulda taught the kids 'Skully" ha ha ha and other street games!
The parents woulda been like"what the heck" ha ha ha
Stay well!
Carol~played stickball,ALOT!:):):)