PDA

View Full Version : Cue support...

Aboo
10-01-2003, 03:39 PM
Last weekend I saw the most ingenious little pool gadget. It was basically a weighted cue "holder". It resembled the cue supports along the rails in a pool hall. But was made of a rubberized material and was weighted on one end. It lay flat over a table or bar and had soft cue rests.

It was small enough to stick in your cue case and could drop onto just about any table to provide a very good place to lean your cue between shots. Has anyone seen these around? Do you know where I might get one?

SPetty
10-01-2003, 04:26 PM
Like this? (from Hawleys)
http://www.hawleys.com/supplies/gripper1.jpg

It's my third favorite holder - behind this as (a tie for most favorite): (also from Hawleys)
http://www.hawleys.com/supplies/qclip/Table.jpg

My other tied for most favorite was ten bucks in Vegas, but I haven't seen it anywhere else. The trade-off with this pictureless one and the one above is that this one clips on to more things than the one above. The one above, however, has a positive hold of the cue while the cue rests in it. This one clips on like a spring clip, but clips to round rails as well as ledges up to 1-1/2" thick.

One of my very favorites was the tiger one, but it was too expensive for me...
http://www.tigerproducts.com/images/Holdrbox/T-3black.jpg

Aboo
10-01-2003, 04:42 PM
Very very close /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Close enough not to matter, thank you! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Btw - sorry for outbidding you on that Target Pool game, but I really wanted it! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
(assumes spetty was you on eBay a week or two ago /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
10-02-2003, 06:37 AM
I've got one but it has no name on it. Bought it at the local pool hall.

It's got a big hunk of lead in it about 4" x 2" x 1/4". When we flew to Vegas the guards were x-raying our checked luggage and the guy saw that lead on the x-ray /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif. He's like "Whatchoo got in there son" LOL

9 Ball Girl
10-02-2003, 07:42 AM
I don't use the Q Claw brand but it's the same thing. Was this what you saw? I carry mine in my case and it's not heavy but it is weighted so that it slides on to a flat surface and it has a lip so that it can come to a stop when you slide it on and you can rest your cues on against it. I bought mine in Valley Forge back in March for about $14. It's made out of rubber.

http://www.cuesforless.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/Qclaw.jpg

Aboo
10-02-2003, 08:21 AM
I'm almost positive that's the one I saw 9BG. I remember the big Q, not sure about the words below it though. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Thank you.

8 ball ho
10-03-2003, 02:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> I've got one but it has no name on it. Bought it at the local pool hall.

It's got a big hunk of lead in it about 4" x 2" x 1/4". When we flew to Vegas the guards were x-raying our checked luggage and the guy saw that lead on the x-ray /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif. He's like "Whatchoo got in there son" LOL <hr /></blockquote>

Why spend $15 and lug that big heavy thing around when all you have to do is stick your cue through the back slats of a chair and its then standing up right and can't be knocked over, if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it. Divers do it deeper Wally. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ChrisW
10-03-2003, 03:08 PM
http://www.gripperbilliards.com/

The inventer of this product is local around here.
Nice guy!

Chris

pooltchr
10-06-2003, 05:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 8 ball ho:</font><hr>
Why spend $15 and lug that big heavy thing around when all you have to do is stick your cue through the back slats of a chair and its then standing up right and can't be knocked over, if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it. Divers do it deeper Wally. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I wouldn't recommend this method. If someone bumps into the chair you could end up with at best a new ding or two, and possibly a 2 piece cue separated in the wrong place. I've seen a few too many drunks around to feel comfortable doing this to my cue. It's either in my hand, broken down in the case, or if I am racking, it lays flat on the table.

SPetty
10-06-2003, 08:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> I wouldn't recommend this method. If someone bumps into the chair you could end up with at best a new ding or two, and possibly a 2 piece cue separated in the wrong place.

It's either in my hand, broken down in the case, or if I am racking, it lays flat on the table. <hr /></blockquote>I made the mistake of adding my break cue to the opposing team's upside-down barstool cue holding place, and when one of their teammates lost (again /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif ) to our team, he came back and in anger, threw his cue into the upside-down barstool, plus smacked across the cues with his hand. A band-aid now covers the really nasty nick that bastard put in my break cue.

Also, when my cue is on the table while I'm racking, it is laying catty-cornered across the table, not parallel with the long rail like many do (and I used to). That's because I had a bastard actually break full force after I lifted the rack but before I picked up my cue. "Oh, sorry".

SPetty&lt;~~Sorry about the "bastard" part. But sometimes you just gotta tell it like it is.